Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
Kea

Thumbs up 'Let Me In' Movie

Has anyone else seen “Let Me In’?

I saw it and all I can say is that its a must see. I have a new favorite film.

I decided to go after reading some good reviews but I still was not expecting much but after seeing it I have to say wow what a great film!!!! I was blown away by it. Outstanding. I was really impressed with how good it was. It just really pulls you in.
And it was not a bloodily as I thought it was going to be, for which I was grateful. I would not place it in the horror category. Thrilled/love story is more like it.

Completely different take on a vampire story. I love the chemistry between Owen and Abby. Those two did a fantastic job. I have to admit I kind of want a sequel to see what else happens.

New Ship Abby/Owen!!!!

The only thing that bugged me was I wish the ‘codes’ would have been translated but other then that wow.

I actually went back to see it again (3 times already). Now that’s saying something. Can’t wait for the DVD to come out.

Highly recommend it. Now if you’ll excuse me I have a sudden urge from some ‘now and later’ candy and trying to solve a rubik's cube. LOL which I have solved a few times.

Official site: http://www.letmein-movie.com/

Movie info:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810048892/info

Check out the one of the facebook pages. Tons of pics, clips and a first draft copy of the script plus a link to the film facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/LetMeInCommu...app_4949752878
Kea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kea View Post
Has anyone else seen “Let Me In’?
It was on my list to see, but it came and went from the theaters so quickly here, I missed it. I have seen the original, Let the Right One In, and that was awesome. Glad you liked it so much.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Miss Kenton

I went to see it opening weekend and I have to agree with you, it is absolutely incredible! I loved it so much. Chloe Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee are soo amazing! I saw "Let Me In" before the original, but honestly the original, "Let the Right One In" is just as good. I personally like "Let Me In" just a tad bit better because of the effects, but nothing beats the original. Anyways, I totally saw it too! I haven't been back to see it though, but I am waiting for it come out on DVD! So psyched!
Miss Kenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

I saw this opening weekend, and I remember before going to the movie that there was some talk that slowly paced movies dont' work well for American audiences. When the movie started and it was being slow, I tried to put my boredom to rest by trying not to be a stereotype. Then I really got IN to the movie, so it was all good. But it took a while.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Kea

FYI ‘Let me in’ just came out on DVD/blu ray
http://www.amazon.com/Let-Me-Chloe-G...7316193&sr=8-1
Talk about a movie that will not let me go. LOL

The film still amazes me. The Abby and Owen love story. Awesome.
Wasn’t too impressed with the DVD extra’s, they needed more deleted scene’s, features and commentary but the film is WELL worth it if you haven’t seen it yet.

I did read the book, I just haven’t but have not seen the original yet. I am trying to get over my LMI fix before I see the original.

Edited to say: DVD comes with a mini comic book…who knew.
Kea is offline   Reply With Quote