Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #31
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

I was thinking the exact same thing. They were working together for seven years; how could two people not become even the slighest of friends after seeing each other almost every day for all that time? They might not have been the best of friends, but I don't believe for one second they were just 'acquaintances'.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #32
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiwawa View Post
Oh livvie, you know I love you. Nah, I don't need to tell you, because you know lol

I actually saw that ESPN bit with DB when espn posted it and he did mention he keeps in touch with CC and that jaden and donavan play together.

Your whole post was everything I was going to say, with the exception of using the espn example, but you put the whole thing in a nicer way, than I was. I don't know how to be nice when I feel like someone is putting CC down but trying to put it in a subtle way, although I see through things. CC is not some chick to David. They've known each other since 1996! Were on a tv show together for 7 years. Uh, it's 2008. That is not a casual aquantince lol
I am glad someone else saw the ESPN thing because I am having a hell of a time finding it right now. I think I might have to go into deep search mode of the 3000 or so emails I sent last year. LOL

I just think when two people have said that their kids play together, not once but a couple of times, and they seem to be the only two who have kids that play together, it could pretty much be taken as fact. Amy Acker and James Marsters both have children now and yet, they are never mentioned in the little playgroup.

It is kind of ridiculous to think that after all these years and all those years on the show, they were just casual aquaintences. You don't call someone up and make playdates if you only think of them as a work aquaintence, especially when you don't work together anymore.

Of course, if you are actively wearing blinders and want to find any little thing to jump on to discredit someone, it doesn't matter what anyone else here or anyplace else says, including the actors themselves. You'll just live on your little planet of Denial and toss out crazy to the passerbys.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #33
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Well, we know what's what. What the real story is. Some people who don't like a certain character/actor will always discredit anything that is said, even if they hear it from the person themselves.

We've heard it from DB and CC's mouth. I don't know how you can get not friends out of that. CC even mentioned, awhile ago that she'll call up Jaime from time to time and they compare notes about their kids

Whatev. Stop digging a hole, you know? There's going to be continuous comments piling on one after the other proving the other wrong. There's facts. There's rumors. There's...'have blinders on' people lol I'm going by facts, from the actor's mouths. Being great friends is not a big deal, unless DB's friends with someone you don't like. Then, it's all 'they can't be friends'. 'I don't get friendship out of that'.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #34
LordKain
Devil Hunter

re:

thanks for that info I didn't know that isn't Jaden's best friend a boy named Dillon?

Anyway by judging from the reports I've read and what my friend had to say about the event who was actually there it just wasn't good and personally I' am more interested in the up coming Bones one then I' am with this Buffy one thats come and gone at least all the actors on Bones are friends with one another and actually have genuine respect for the shows creator Hart Hanson.

It's nice that they are friends but I just don't think there as close as everyone on this board makes them out to be but it's still nice to know that they still talk to one another.

Last edited by LordKain; 03-22-2008 at 03:09 PM.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #35
samsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
thanks for that info I didn't know that isn't Jaden's best friend a boy named Dillon?
Right. Because a little boy like Jayden couldn't possibly have more than ONE friend. /sarcasm
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #36
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
Right. Because a little boy like Jayden couldn't possibly have more than ONE friend. /sarcasm
Look I' am not here to start trouble I just heard it from David when he mentioned it in an interview when he mentioned Jayden's birthday thats all I know Jaden's proberly got a ton of friends.

I was just look for an answer to a question thats all not need for sarcasm.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #37
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Don't thank us for anything if you're going to continue with your drama comments.

You even said it yoruself, you weren't interested in this panel and you're looking forward to the Bones one. The only interesting thing in that show is DB, imo. I could care less about that show. Anyway, this is not a Bones board. You should go to a Bones board and tell them how happy you are. That panel will not be as big as this reunion one that's for sure.

You started a thread about the reunion coming down on CC and every cast member. Did you not think people wouldn't say anything? Why mention anything? Do you like drama? I you're not a CC fan but a DB fan, fine. But, don't talk sh*t about CC and making her out as someone not important in a CC board. It makes no sense to do that. From numerous reports, David wasn't mentioned and wasn't bashed on. Everyone enjoyed the panel. Your friend must not be a huge btvs fan, I guess. Maybe too much expectations?

Back and forth, back and forth. That's all we're doing. You are the only person that feels the way you do in this thread, and the rest of us have our opinions. That's pretty much it. End of story.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community

Last edited by nikkiwawa; 03-22-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #38
LordKain
Devil Hunter

I' am a Charisma fan hell when I watch Bones all I can think of his how much better Charisma would of been in the part of Angela then that other women thats playing her but thats just me.

As for the panel I will admit I'am not exactly a fan of some of the people who were on it ie: Whedon and Marsters but it doesn't mean I don't respect most of the actors or the shows when they were both GREAT in there early years because I did.

Last edited by LordKain; 03-22-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #39
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Well, at least we agree on CC being on 'Bones'. An episode would even make me happy.

Sure, we all dislike someone from the cast. I haven't met a person who liked every single person in btvs or Angel.

I hate arguing when there's really no resolution. We all have different opinions. From what we all know, DB and CC are still really good friends, and she just happened to confirm it. We don't know anything about their personal personal lives and we certainly don't see them everyday and everywhere they go. We can only go by what they tell us. You do not believe that, and that's fine. That's your personal opinion.

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
Old 03-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #40
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiwawa View Post
Well, at least we agree on CC being on 'Bones'. An episode would even make me happy.

Sure, we all dislike someone from the cast. I haven't met a person who liked every single person in btvs or Angel.

I hate arguing when there's really no resolution. We all have different opinions. From what we all know, DB and CC are still really good friends, and she just happened to confirm it. We don't know anything about their personal personal lives and we certainly don't see them everyday and everywhere they go. We can only go by what they tell us. You do not believe that, and that's fine. That's your personal opinion.
I do believe it but at the same time it just seems rather vague and convenient at the same time at least for me like they only mention how close they are off set when it's brought up in interviews I mean it's the same thing I got from an old Julie Benz interview when she was asked if she still keeps in contact with old co-stars you know what I mean.

Honestly I don't know what to believe anymore as it relates to the cast they all have there own lives to live so who are we to specuate about them sorry if I have offended any CC fans here.

Last edited by LordKain; 03-22-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #41
tojoson

Quote:
they only mention how close they are off set when it's brought up in interviews
And when else are they supposed to talk about it. Are they supposed to buy airtime on some show, just to tell how friendly they are with their old castmates.

In interviews, the interviewer ASKS the questions and the stars answer THOSE questions. They don't usually change the subject, and volunteer information.

Quote:
Look I' am not here to start trouble
Yes you are, Kain. You do it here, and at the IMDB forums too. You always start out with negative comments to rile people up, and when we call you on it, and offer proof, you deny.

Come on man, Don't be so negative. Sometime just start a post with a positive comment. make nice. Your too bitter
Old 03-23-2008, 01:14 AM   #42
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Okay, LK. Let's count, 'kay?

Starting Trouble:
Starting threads like these.
Calling Cordy a huge bitch in a site dedicated to her.
Saying you were glad someone hit her in a site dedicated to her.
Badmouthing Spike all around, calling him a pig, when some people here are Spike fans (Although you might be able to get away with that, this isn't a JM/Spike board, but it is going to start the trouble good)
Badmouthing any other characters uselessly.
Calling the couple C/A wrong and wishing that it never happened in a fanforum dedicated to it. That also counts as misuse of the non-shipper status, and unfair to the other non-shippers who hang around here. Bad.

See? All of the above is going to start trouble. Now that you have a list, how about trying to redeem step by step?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #43
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
And when else are they supposed to talk about it. Are they supposed to buy airtime on some show, just to tell how friendly they are with their old castmates.

In interviews, the interviewer ASKS the questions and the stars answer THOSE questions. They don't usually change the subject, and volunteer information.

Yes you are, Kain. You do it here, and at the IMDB forums too. You always start out with negative comments to rile people up, and when we call you on it, and offer proof, you deny.

Come on man, Don't be so negative. Sometime just start a post with a positive comment. make nice. Your too bitter

It's kind of hard to be positive about the shows especially in the later seasons when my 2 favorite characters Angel and Cordy were pretty much replaced by a Mary Sue ie: Fred and a guy who only works well in small doses for comic relief only in Spike if you get what I'am trying to say everything that could go wrong with Angel did go wrong because I truly feel the creator didn't care about the show.

I' am just upset and alittle pissed that Charisma Carpenter even attended this event when she's better then that.

bigbird811:

She was a huge bitch in high school granted she was no where near the bitches that Buffy and Willow had become but when Cordy went to Angel she became a hero.

Alot of people weren't exactly upset by that scene that you happened to mentioned the whole Pylea arc was a giant mess full of way to many out of character moments.

Alot of people arround here don't like Spike I happen to be one of them.

Have I ever said C/A was wrong.

Oh yeah I did but when I go back and re-watch the show from time to time I' am thinking it could of worked if they got together at the end of Season 2 after that there was no chance in hell that it would work out especially once Groo showed up.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #44
Prima
I have no idea...

Dang, I haven't used this one in awhile.

Quote:
It's kind of hard to be positive about the shows...
"..."

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #45
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima View Post
"..."
That pretty much sums it up.