Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
Kea

Autograph e-mail requests? Anyone heard/tried this before?

I really wasn’t looking around for this but on another site I was on we got to talking about autograph requests and fan conventions. To make a long story short I kind of stumbled across this site
http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/index.php about autograph requests.

What really caught my attention was this list of autographs that you can get and one of them is CC:

Quote:
http://fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=26981

Studio Fan Mail is a company that sends out preprinted and autopenned autographed photos of over 120 celebrities for free. To request an auto from Studio Fan Mail, just send them an E-Mail (with your address) and you'll receive your auto through the mail. These can take anything from 2 weeks to 4 months to arrive (depending on where in the World you live).
From BTVS and Angel I saw:
Alyson Hannigan, Charisma Carpenter and David Boreanaz, Seth Green and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

So I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this before? Or tried it? I guess this might be a new thing?

Last edited by Kea; 01-21-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Kea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Bibliophile

It's been around for quite some time. If you request one from CC, you get this.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Kea

Ahhh good to know. Thanks Bibliophile.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
[[giggles]]

That's an amazing picture. And her handwriting is almost as bad as mine, though I figure she was probably in a hurry.

Are the signatures legitimate? Or as legitimate as one can get for this sort of deal?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[giggles]] View Post
Are the signatures legitimate? Or as legitimate as one can get for this sort of deal?
Yes, it's legitimate, and approved by the stars themselves. Yeah, the signatures are "rubber stamped," but I don't mind at all because even a copy of a signature on a nice photograph of a star I like would be nice to have. And it's free, which is never bad.

I've been meaning to do this ever since I heard about it. As easy as it is, there's really no good reason why I haven't except for procrastination. But I think I'm gonna email my request for autographed CC and Jensen Ackles pics today. Heck, I'll do it right now!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
Yes, it's legitimate, and approved by the stars themselves. Yeah, the signatures are "rubber stamped," but I don't mind at all because even a copy of a signature on a nice photograph of a star I like would be nice to have. And it's free, which is never bad.

I've been meaning to do this ever since I heard about it. As easy as it is, there's really no good reason why I haven't except for procrastination. But I think I'm gonna email my request for autographed CC and Jensen Ackles pics today. Heck, I'll do it right now!
Whoa! Free..hell, I'm in.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
Kea

Quote:

I've been meaning to do this ever since I heard about it. As easy as it is, there's really no good reason why I haven't except for procrastination. But I think I'm gonna email my request for autographed CC and Jensen Ackles pics today. Heck, I'll do it right now! -Dannyblue
I am really glad I brought up this topic. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a scam or something when I read about it. But if its legit and available to fans…why not. I think it’s a great idea. I really like the CC pic as well and I read DB still sends out the picture from his Angel days.
Why not, I’m going to try it as well.

Dannyblue silly question but did you send a little note along with your e-mail or did you just e-mail your address? Just wondering (my understanding is you just send an address). And this time don’t procrastinate!

Let us know how long it takes to get your autograph.

Last edited by Kea; 01-31-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #8
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

[quote=Kea;390615]
Quote:
Dannyblue silly question but did you send a little note along with your e-mail or did you just e-mail your address? Just wondering. And this time don’t procrastinate!

Let us know how long it takes to get your autograph.
You know, that's not a silly question at all. I was wondering about that myself..so I put a little note then put my address. Can't wait to get them. Thanks for the site link and info.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:12 AM   #9
Kea

Quote:
You know, that's not a silly question at all. I was wondering about that myself..so I put a little note then put my address. Can't wait to get them. Thanks for the site link and info-Shadow4Corangela
Yeah I wasn’t sure. I was reading the site and some people send short notes and others just send their address. I mean the company just takes the addresses and sends the pics. But I wasn’t sure.

I kind of wish the SFM had a website that listed everyone.
It’s a very interesting thread. Apparently there are a lot of stars that have SFM accounts and most people just try and send to any star to see what works and what doesn’t.

Last edited by Kea; 01-31-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:35 AM   #10
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I've spent more time looking into this than actually doing it, which is sad in its own way.

Anyway, here's an article I found with some tips on making requests.

Studio Fan Mail: A Fun Way to Begin Collecting Free Autographs and Photographs

And here's a site that shows how long it took people to get their autographed pics from different celebs. It seems to vary wildly from one star to the next.

http://www.hipolitodesigns.com/Artic...dioFanMail.cfm
Old 01-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
Kea

Dannyblue thanks for posting that article. Very interesting and I like the tips the author gives about making the requests.

Believe it or not I had just looked up hipolitodesins.com website when you posted it. LOL.

Well I tired it. I sent in the request. I hope you do as well. I’ll let you know if I get anything back.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #12
Kea

I wanted to give all of you an update on these autograph requests.

Well I tried out studio fan mail and it DOES work.
I’ve gotten a number of autographs already.

I did get CC’s but I had to resend my request. But I did get it. Which was nice.
I also got DB’s, SMG, AH, Marc Blucas as well as Marg Helgenberger of CSI and Hugh Laure of House just to name a few.

A few things I learned:

-It is free.

-It does take a while to get them. Sometimes you have to resend a request. Like I did for CC's one.
(Example: You don’t hear back after 4 months send the request again.) Sometimes they don’t send them out no matter what. I guess it depends on the person who does the printing.

-Only send them your name and address in the body of the e-mail. Don’t bother with any messages.

So it does work. Anyone else try and get anything back?
Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
Livvie
nutcase

That is awesome, Kea! Thank you so much for letting us know. I can't wait to try it out.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #14
nodakskip

Ive gotten two autos from CC via the cons she has gone to recently. I had to pre pay but they are real life autos not a stamp because they sign the "to" names in the same way.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #15
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post
Ive gotten two autos from CC via the cons she has gone to recently. I had to pre pay but they are real life autos not a stamp because they sign the "to" names in the same way.
Well not everyone can make it to cons, or can afford to spend such-and-such an amount getting an autographed pic of their favorite stars. And, hey, it's not like your paying for it. For absolutely no charge, you get a very nice picture of a celeb you like. And all you gotta do is ask for it.