Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #61
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
You know, I'm so not into this show that I don't even know what half of these people do for a living. So it doesn't surpise me that I have missed any and all shoes that have been dropped.
Hey, I've only watched two episodes myself, and then only for the Titus parts.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #62
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I watched the first 30 minutes of the show last night, the rest are stored on my DVR. I have to say I really liked it, the Brody/Duncan blackmailer scenes were hysterical, Titus still knows how to bring the funny.

The James (Vartan) scenes with his ex and her perfect new boyfriend rung true, I can see how he didn't like being told that Nick was fun. That's ironically a typical mother's reaction as they're usually the boring/dicipline figuyre while the dad is the fun one; now the roles are reversed in a way.

If CC is Janelle I really can't wait to see CC and Titus together.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:16 PM   #63
nodakskip

tvguide.com

Rosie O'Donnell makes her first (consensual) television appearance since exiting The View on today's The Martha Stewart Show. Read into it what you will, but Ro will be dressed as Queen Elizabeth (sic?).... Charisma Carpenter's Big Shots debut currently is rescheduled for Nov. 29, with the Angel alumna playing (typecasting alert!) an "increasingly irresistible" woman.... ABC premieres the animated special Shrek the Halls Nov. 28 at 8 pm/ET. (My Jared and Jacob are getting into an advance screening!).... Speaking of me, the Mitovich Mega Minute vodcast premieres today on our homepage.

Last edited by nodakskip; 10-31-2007 at 12:37 PM.
nodakskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:04 PM   #64
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post
tvguide.com

Rosie O'Donnell makes her first (consensual) television appearance since exiting The View on today's The Martha Stewart Show. Read into it what you will, but Ro will be dressed as Queen Elizabeth (sic?).... Charisma Carpenter's Big Shots debut currently is rescheduled for Nov. 29, with the Angel alumna playing (typecasting alert!) an "increasingly irresistible" woman.... ABC premieres the animated special Shrek the Halls Nov. 28 at 8 pm/ET. (My Jared and Jacob are getting into an advance screening!).... Speaking of me, the Mitovich Mega Minute vodcast premieres today on our homepage.
Based on this blurb...I don't think CC plays Janelle. I have a sinking feeling that she's gonna play an extremely hot woman who seduces Titus' character, who will be have to choose between temptation and the woman he loves.

Crossing my fingers that CC plays more than just a sex kitten/love interest.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #65
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Based on this blurb...I don't think CC plays Janelle. I have a sinking feeling that she's gonna play an extremely hot woman who seduces Titus' character, who will be have to choose between temptation and the woman he loves.

Crossing my fingers that CC plays more than just a sex kitten/love interest.
While that would give Titus' character a bit more of a story it wouldn't make much sense storywise. --->It's hard to have an emotional impact of Titus being torn between two women when you never see one of them.

I think it can in fact be read to imply that CC is playing Janelle, up until now all we know of her is from Brody's henpecked husband routine. It can be a coy turn of phase implying that there's more to the character than overbaring wife.
<---

Or it could just be wishful thinking on my part.

ETA - Total bummer that it got pushed back.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:44 PM   #66
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
While that would give Titus' character a bit more of a story it wouldn't make much sense storywise.
Especially since --->they're already doing cheating to death on this show.<--- I think, based on a couple of sets of sides I've read... --->that it means Brody increasingly can't say no to anything Janelle wants. In fact, sides from Episode 10 -- or is it 9? they've messed with the episode order CRAZY bad -- show Brody taking on a really sleazy client for the implicit purpose of buying a home in the Hamptons that Janelle apparently wants badly.<---

Just my take. I reserve the right to be wrong!

ETA: So it looks as if Episode 8 is now Episode 9, which would explain why the side pages say "Episode 8" and yet are linked on the site as "Episode 9." Translation: Bummer for the CC fans who now have to wait until after Thanksgiving to finally see her on this series.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:25 AM   #67
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Well, IMDB.com has Charisma listed as playing -->Janelle Johns, Brody's wife<---

If they're right, that's definitely going to be her role on the show. Which in my opinion, is a good thing.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:49 AM   #68
tojoson

Yeah, and the recent press release says >> that she plays Heather. So from the sides that we read previously, we know that Heather and Janelle are the same person, so that confirms that there's some role playing going on.<<
Old 11-26-2007, 09:29 AM   #69
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post
tvguide.com

I've watched bits and pieces of the series here and there. Thank god for Titus cause he makes the show bearable to watch. It's a added bonus that's he's funny and hot. ---> I'm SO happy that CC is playing his wife.<--- Woot! Can't wait to see her.
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #70
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Same here, they really need to just let Titus loose, give him more of a storyline and let him be funny. IMO he's the best aspect of the show, I know many were drawn in by Vartan but not me.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #71
nodakskip

Did her episode get pushed back again? I thought she was on the 29th? Now some saying shes on the Dec 13th ep?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #72
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Tiny pic from what is now the Dec. 13 episode, "The Better Man":

Old 11-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #73
eric_rhapsody04

she's is beautiful

eric_rhapsody04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #74
Nirvana 1
Negative Creep

Wow, I am SO glad I wandered back here 'cause I would never have known!

Been watching the show on and off (work, hopefully can catch it when my cousin-in-law DVRs [?] it) and I was surprised to actually like this show about 4 spoiled rich, white men (the only reason I bothered in the first place was that Titus's Wiki said he'd star).

And yes, I agree there should be more of Titus' character, but LESS of Carl whats-his-face with his ex-mistress turned potential surrogate mother. That has to be the most ABSURD freaking plot ever.

At any rate, has the date Charisma is going to appear been confirmed indeed?
Nirvana 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #75
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 1 View Post
At any rate, has the date Charisma is going to appear been confirmed indeed?
It's the date ABC Medianet is giving out, so I'm pretty sure it's set for at least the next, oh, day or so. It's actually the first episode of a recurring role for CC -- or will be if all goes well with the current round of WGA negotiations.