Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #16
misbegotten3

From what I've heard the single biggest obstacle in casting the JLA movie is trying to cast Batman and Superman. The producers have already said they don't want Brandon Routh (poor guy can't catch a break) and a lot of actors in Hollywood are wary about stepping on Christion Bale's and Christopher Nolan's toes. Both of whom are angry with Warner Brothers for moving ahead with the project before they could complete their third Batman movie. So far the only for certain casting I've heard is Tyrese Gibson is up for the role of the Green Lantern John Stewert.

In terms of Jessica Biel, she turned the role down because Warner Brothers wouldn't guarantee her the role in the event they made a 'Wonder Woman' movie after JLA. I'll admit to being dissapointed about her not taking it. After Charisma Carpenter I think Jessica Biel was the best choice, as she is one of the few actresses who can come off as a legitmate action star to me on screen. Compare Halle Berry from CATWOMAN to Jessica in BLADE TRINITY; Halle looks like a runway model, while Jessica had some actual muscle mass and fight training.

On a side note--revealing costumes! We need more revealing costumes! Just better designed costumes which reveal in ways never thought possible. We just gotta make sure the terms 'urban chic' or 'ghetto fabulous' are never used when designing them. And the only advice Halle Berry needs to give is: 1. don't trash everything people love about the character; 2. Catwoman is not The Crow; Halle Berry is not Brandon Lee; 3. Have a script written by someone with at least a GED and 4. never hire a director with only one word for a name-i.e. Pitof.

I'm extremely 50/50 about there being a JLA movie. Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted one, but a JLA film needs to be the LORD OF THE RINGS of superhero movies. A massive three film epic where the heroes of earth must unite against Darkseid and the armies of Apocalypse.

There are two things that gives me hope about this film, one is Warner Brothers hired George Miller to direct it; whose done the MAD MAX films and the gremlen segment in THE TWILGHT ZONE MOVIE. He also did that damn dancing penguin film, but we won't hold it against him. Two, is the plot being used is the one about Batman's brother eye Satellite and the OMACS going to war against all meta-humans.

The biggest problem with JLA is how its being rushed into production, plowed through to get it done before the strikes shut down Hollywood. If there are no major acting complications they could get get principal shooting completed and than spen the next year in post. But that's a big 'if' and now the WGA is specifically threatening major tent pole films like the JLA by threatening to walk early.

So who knows? I'd almost rather see a new Superman movie; the last one wasn't that bad compared to the TV movie of the week levelness of the third X-Men film. Plus Bryan Singer all but said the main villain was going to be Brainiac. Maybe I just feel sorry for Brandon Routh, throw the guy a bone damn it.

If Charisma doesn't play Wonder Woman, maybe she can play Hyppolyta, Diana's mother or Maximal, the warrior queen whose madly in love with Superman and decides the only way to prove it is by beating the crap out of him. How tall is Charisma; she could also be Big Barda.
misbegotten3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #17
eric_rhapsody04

[quote=misbegotten3;381891]If Charisma doesn't play Wonder Woman, maybe she can play Hyppolyta, Diana's mother QUOTE]
it's a joke ?

eric_rhapsody04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #18
samsmom

I loved Brandon as Superman.

I just think the script needed a lot of revising. Talk about loose ends and plot holes.

If Hollywood is rushing the JLA movie through production, that's just not a good sign. I want a good story and character development in addition to the cool costumes and action scenes.

It's not a lot to ask, right?
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:18 AM   #19
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misbegotten3 View Post
If Charisma doesn't play Wonder Woman, maybe she can play Hyppolyta, Diana's mother or Maximal, the warrior queen whose madly in love with Superman and decides the only way to prove it is by beating the crap out of him. How tall is Charisma; she could also be Big Barda.
If Hyppolyta was 12 when she gave birth to Wonder Woman...
Old 10-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #20
nodakskip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
If Hyppolyta was 12 when she gave birth to Wonder Woman...
Well if you recall the comics... she never gave birth to her.

The amazons including Hyppolyta have not aged since they came to Paradise Island. Hyppolyta was already an adult by then. She wanted a daughter 1000's of years later so the gods allowed her to make a clay baby and then brought it to life. Wonder Woman was named Diana after a crashed female pilot from 'mans world'. She died on the island after some time after the crash.

Also say CC does get cast as Wonder Woman. She could also be cast as Donna Troy. They are twins after all. Diana was the only kid on the island so they used a mirror image of her to give her a playmate... and that turned into Donna Troy.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #21
misbegotten3

I'll admit that as it cool as it would be to see Charisma play Wonder Woman, there's a part of me that would rather see her play Zatanna.

And I'm going to justify that by stating the following: a tophat and fishnet stockings.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #22
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

You know, after reading the Wiki on Zantana I'm beginning to wonder about DC Comics, glad I stick to Marvel.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #23
misbegotten3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
You know, after reading the Wiki on Zantana I'm beginning to wonder about DC Comics, glad I stick to Marvel.
Really? What did it say that was so bad?

If you want to read something starring Zantanna that's really good try 'The Seven Soldiers of Victory'. It was a mini-series by Grant Morrison, about seven DC characters that come together to defeat a menace billions years from the future. What's neat about the series is none of the characters actually meet till the end, only intersecting here and there. Also a few of the Soldiers are not out and out heroes, like the amoral Klarion, the Witch Boy and his talking cat Teekl. Who Grant Morrison re-casted as being from a lost subterranean tribe of Puritans.

Grant Morrison is really one of the best writers in comics today; his Animal Man run is stuff of legend and he introduced super-intelligent French Goriall and evil brain in jar love in the Doom Patrol. His ALL-STAR SUPERMAN is incredible, it's not hyperbole to call it the most gorgeous take of the character ever. Every frame is iconic, especially the splash page of Superman and Lois Lane kissing on the moon in front of earth.

Marvel has done some freaky-deaky stuff to; they recently had some controversy over a HEROES FOR HIGHER cover that implied tentacle rape. Than there is the infamous Ms. Marvel plotline from the nineties where an extra-dimensional being becomes obsessed with the heroine. It brainwashes her, than impregnates her to give birth to its self and than takes her back to his dimension. There was a really good essay about it, I forgot who wrote it but I think it was called "The Rape of Ms. Marvel."

Hey wait a minute-'gives birth to its self'?

No wonder Joss went to write at Marvel.

Cheap Shot!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #24
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
She's a magician. I mean come on, it's just too corny. I don't get the DC appeal. They're characters are just so out dated, especially Superman and Wonderwoman. Granted I don't read the comics but the characters are just meh. Truth justice and the American way are just so rediculous in the modern Globalization age.

Granted as Steven Colbert would say, I'm just Un-American.

Grant Morrison is a great writer, I liked what little I read of his X-Men.

BTW - I'm curious how was Lois able to kiss on the Moon? Doesn't she need to breath? Not to mention how cold it is. YOu'd think she'd freeze or choke to death.

Last edited by Morrigan; 10-03-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #25
misbegotten3

[quote=Morrigan;382124]
Quote:

She's a majcian. I mean come on, it's just too corny. I don't get the DC appeal. They're characters are just so out dated, especially Superman and Wonderwoman. Granted I don't read the comics but the characters are just meh. Truth justice and the American way are just so rediculous in the modern Globalization age.

Granted as Steven Colbert would say, I'm just Un-American.

Grant Morrison is a great writer, I liked what little I read of his X-Men.

BTW - I'm curious how was Lois able to kiss on the Moon? Doesn't she need to breath? Not to mention how cold it is. YOu'd think she'd freeze or choke to death.

It's her birthday, so Superman creates for Lois a special formula that allows her to have all his powers for one day. They also visit an underground kingdom populated by Dinosaurs who escaped extinction, tangle with two treasure hunting blowhards from the future who have stolen from the egyptian god of death and have dinner at the bottom of the sea in the Kingdom of Atlantis.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #26
tojoson

Hmph, Wonder Girl

here

I really don't mind that CC didn't get this part, because the movie will never live up to expectations, and will probably blow chunks, (that's goes for the WW movie if it ever gets made also), but come on people, She's 21.

I don't think Diana Prince even left Paradise Island till she was older than that.

Are we going to have the Junior Justice League with Superboy, Bat Boy, and Kid Flash
Old 01-16-2008, 11:54 PM   #27
nodakskip

Saw this today

WARNER BROS. HALTS JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE

Warner Bros. has put the Justice League movie on indefinite hold, Variety reported Wednesday night.

Cast members were informed late Tuesday their options would not be exercised, but, according to the trade, Warner Bros. still intends on making the film happen with them.

Director George Miller was not available for comment.

Reasons for the delay included not being able to polish the script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney because of the writers' strike and not getting an official response on tax breaks from shooting in Australia.

Warner Bros. has never publically released any cast members. According to Variety, the cast included the much-rumored Adam Brody as the Flash, Armie Hammer Jr. as Batman and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

Warner Bros. does have three comics-based movies lined up: The Dark Knight for July 18, Whiteout for third quarter 2008 and Watchmen for March 6, 2009.

It is highly unlikely that Justice League or a Superman Returns follow-up will reach theaters before 2010.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:55 AM   #28
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Yeah, EW hinted as much in last weeks issue. Although, the only mentioned the issue with the script and the writer's stike.

I had little to know interest in the JL movie, I love the cartoons but my mind doesn't seem capable of wraping around different actors playing different character in differenent movies.

I know that sounds stupid but with Superman and Batman movies have been released recently I'd expect to see Bale and Roth in their particular roles.