Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
Emmangel
Administrator

Team Cordy™ needs your help!

Since I'm currently re-doing the site, I thought it was time to revisit this thread! See the second post for for urgent requirments!

I'm currently doing a huge re-design of Team Cordy. (4 year old layout alert!)

How Can You Help?

As I'm sure you have noticed, there are several incomplete sections to the site, an unfortunate site effect of it's being lost in cyberspace for several years. We'd love for those sections to be completed and that's where you can help! Simply look below to find out what help we're looking for in each area.

Do you want to help out with the site, but with a new section or idea you have instead? We're always open to expanding the site, so if you have an idea be sure to let us know!

Remember, don't feel daunted if some of the sections need a lot of work. People are welcome to take on whatever they feel comfortable with, whether that be a large section or something smaller.

Below are the areas that we're asking for help with. For all sections, if you're still not sure what's required, I suggest you hope on over to the site and other submissions for that section.

Episode Analysis
An in-depth analysis of each episode, deconstructing Cordelia's every move.

Episode analyses fall into two parts. The analysis itself and another section called 'Deconstructing Cordelia'.

The 'Episode Analysis' is a breakdown of the episode, which in particular places focus on Cordelia and her scenes. It includes poignant pieces of dialog and discusses the episode and her place within it.

The ''Deconstructing Cordelia' section takes a look at Cordelia and her motives during the episode. What's hiding beneath the surface, how have the events in the episode (and those previous to it) effected her. Looking at what's not taking place on the screen and how it effects her on it.

Timeline
A general timeline of Cordelia's progression starting when we first met her in Sunnydale, until her death.

Sadly, Cordelia's timeline only exists until June 1997, which is the end of season one. We'd love to get this complete!

Because it's a timeline, we really need to work in chronological order if at all possible, though if someone wants to work 'out of order' we'll consider it.

How much you do is up to you, though for the Buffy years we'd like it if people could take on at least half a season each (more if you wish), though that is by no means compulsory. We'll be happy to accept however much people want to do!

Relationships
A breakdown of Cordelia's relationships in both Sunnydale and L.A.

This section documents the relationships Cordelia has with the people she interacts with. Her friends, love interests, enemies and so forth.

Each relationship page has four sections:
Character Quote - A quote that defines the two characters relationship.

First Encounter - How and when the characters first met.

Relationship Map - The history of their relationship.

Character Reflection - The parallels between the two characters, or perhaps lack there of!

Obviously the aim is for each character relationship to have all four sections filled in, but if you think you can only write certain parts I'll be happy to accept them in the hopes that someone will fill in the missing areas later.

Firstly, we have some existing sections that could use a little updating.

Cordelia-Willow: This is pretty complete, but could use updating for Willow's season four visit.

Cordelia-Oz: This is very brief at the moment, only covering their previous association and their first on-screen meeting. It's also missing the 'character reflection section'.

Cordelia-Gunn: This currently only covers up the the start of season two, and is also missing the 'Character Reflection' section.

Cordelia-Fred: Only covers their first meeting. Also missing the 'Character Reflection' section.

We're also missing breakdown's with plenty of other characters. Some of the more 'main' characters include:
Allen Francis Doyle, Angel/Angelus, Connor, Darla, Faith Lehane, Harmony Kendall, Jasmine, Jenny Calendar, Jonathan Levinson, Lilah Morgan, Lindsey McDonald, Lorne, Rupert Giles, Spike, The Groosalugg, Wesley Wyndam-Pryce & Xander Harris.

If you prefer, you could always write a relationship page for a more minor relationship, for example:
Daryl Epps, Detective Kate Lockley, Drusilla, Eve, Joyce Summers, Skip, The Beast, The Powers That Be, Wilson Christopher or any other character Cordelia has interacted with that you'd like to tackle!

Essays
Team Cordy members occasionally feel the need to vent about something related to Cordy.

Now, I'm sure considering the things that happened in later seasons, a lot of people have things they'd like to say.

Is there an aspect of Cordelia you'd like to write about? Perhaps her character arc or her behaviour/actions in an episode? Maybe you'd like to write about her relationship with her parents, one of her relationships? How about why you love the character, or why you didn't like where the writers took her?

Essays should be well thought out, dealing with a particular topic that you wish to cover. If you're not sure what to write about, feel free to check out the essays already submitted.

Huh?
Where members contribute out of character Cordy-moments that have made them stare at the screen going, "HUH?!"

Ever been watching Buffy or Angel and seen Cordy do or say something that left you scratching your head? Wondered why she was suddenly vaulted completely out of character?

We only go up to the beginning of season three. I know we can add some more 'Huh?!' moments from the rest of the seasons.

If you're a member of ST, you can also leave a comment in this thread/PM me stating your interest or with any questions.

You can also e-mail me. My e-mail address is serpensortiasites [at] googlemail [dot] com. Please put "Team Cordy" in the subject header.

Team Cordy: We Don't Want The World. We Just Want Your Half.™
Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
samsmom

what kind of input would you need?

Like the relationship analysis - what would that entail doing?
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Emmangel
Administrator

For the relationship analysis, you could either update an existing relationship or start a new one. If you start a new one it can be for one of the missing bigger relationships Cordy has had (Angel, Wes, Xander etc) or a smaller one (Giles, Lindsey, Harmony, lilah etc). Any character Cordelia has had interaction with is fair game as long!

Each relationship page has four sections:
Character Quote - A quote that defines the two characters relationship.
First Encounter - How and when the characters first met.
Relationship Map - The history of their relationship.
Character Reflection - The parallels between the two characters, or perhaps lack there of!

Obviously the aim is for each character relationship to have all four sections filled in, but if you think you can only write certain parts I'll be happy to accept them and try to get the missing areas filled in later.

I'd also suggest reading the relationship pages already online for a better idea. Link: http://serpensortia.org/teamcordy/relationships.html

Hope that helps? Any more questions just ask!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Emmangel
Administrator

Hey all! In a few weeks I'll be uploading the new site layout (took me longer to get to than I'd hoped!) but still really need help for the site content! All the things listed in the first post still need to be done, so if any could spare any time to help out with any of it, I'd be super appreciative, as would other Cordelia fans I'm sure!

To give you an idea of what the site is after, I'm going to link to each of the sections that require help so you can have a look through and see for yourselves (and to save you navigating the horrid old layout!).

Episode Analysis
Timeline
Relationships
Essays
Huh?

I'd really like to get any new content up before the site re-launches, so if anyone could help put within the next few weeks, that'd be super fab!