Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #31
tojoson

i've got to think that given the quality of some of the actors, and the mediocre job most of them did, it has to be the director to blame for the general suckiness;
the writing left a lot to be desired, but a really good director could still make it interesting

i also have been wondering why CC would do sopmething like this
maybe for the contacts she made with actors, directors, or producers (remember, IDT is the one producing the Masters of Horror, and the Masters of Scifi series)

the money she made from this movie couldn't have been that great, remember, while it was still going to be released to theaters, the budget was only 1 million
then suddenly they decided to release it to television, and the budget went to 2 million. (they probably had something in their contracts about sharing the profits from theaters and had to make up the difference)
Old 06-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #32
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
Ummmm..... he's not just Prima's hottie. He's hot enough that he belongs to several of us.
Yes, I own a piece of that ass, and maybe a little of the sentient hair too. He's spread pretty thin but that just means he gets lots and lots and lots of love. Especially from Rodney McKay.

ETA: It's long been my theory that Oma ascended Cordelia to replace Daniel when he came back down to earth. It could work.

Last edited by psychofilly; 06-05-2006 at 01:24 PM.
psychofilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #33
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
And Dannyblue, let's not forget that before she was a superstar, Michelle Pfeiffer starred in Grease 2.
Oh how could you make me relive such painful memories?
Old 06-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #34
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Ummmm..... he's not just Prima's hottie. He's hot enough that he belongs to several of us.
My heart felt apologies, I did not mean to trample on anyone else’s "ownership" rights.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #35
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
My heart felt apologies, I did not mean to trample on anyone else’s "ownership" rights.
Damn Straight.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #36
tojoson

who was that little girl in the cemetary, and what purpose did she serve?
she was leading Cole around, but they never showed why, then she killed the director, (maybe that's why the movie lacked direction, they killed the director in the beginning)

when Daniel had them gathered in the glade (while he expounded on his plans, and thereby giving the heroes time to arrive), who was the older lady that Daniel killed

who was the gal who pushed Frank down the stairs,
and couldn't the group tell that Frank was dead, or did they just think he didn't like to bathe

who were those creatures in the water, and where did they come from
were they supposed to be Cole's and Heather's parents?
was that supposed to be their mother who was holding him under the water after the battle was over?

it seems that maybe the writer (Kevin Van Hook) had the whole complete story thought out, but the director (Kevin Van Hook), forgot to put about half of it on film
Old 06-05-2006, 08:12 PM   #37
jerry

Quote:
I realize that I haven't had to endure the suck-itude of this particular movie, and I won't argue with you on "Flirting With Danger" (which I essentially had to fast forward through instead of watch), but I feel like cutting CC some slack here. First of all, she's still primarily a work-for-a-living actress, and sometimes you do really awful stuff because there's nothing else coming your way and you need to pay the bills. Voodoo Moon was shot quite a while ago (I believe), well before she landed the recurring role on Veronica Mars. I'm hopeful that the VM exposure means that the parts she's landing now are a little bit better - but even if they're not, I don't necessary think that means that Charisma's crap-screener is on the fritz. It just may mean she's decided it's better to be working in crap, than not working at all - plenty of today's A-list actors and actresses appeared in some really awful stuff before they had that one big hit which gave them the luxury of being able to choose between crap and not-crap.
I think that is probably the case. In discussing AtS, Charisma generally exhibited a very solid grasp of the show and her character, and good instincts as to what works and what doesn't. But actors will take crap rather than not work, not get paid, and becoming a day further removed from the memories of producers. I think CC was in a worse bargaining position when she filmed this than she is now, and had to take what she could get.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:39 AM   #38
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Ten minutes in, I realized this movie wasn't worth my time and deleted it.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #39
LaLa247
Wooo!

Okay, I only got up to CC and doofy dude's reunion.

Secondly, I sped my way through DB's movie, and...what exactly is wrong with Boreanaz?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #40
Christine

For some reason sci fi channel movies are always bad. They must all have really low budget's or something. I kept on waiting for CC character to do something. I didn't expect alot though. The character itself was okay, but they wasted her. Mabey she does need a new agent or something to get her some more prime parts. Veronica Mars should get her noticed since its a show the critics like. All the Angel Alums seem to be showing up on TV. in various shows. I'd like to see Charisma get something besides Life Time. Mabey she could guest on SUPERNATURAL, both Amy Acker, and Julie Benz were on it this season. I think she'd also be great on Desparate House Wives,
and SGI would be great too. I think they mostly, seem to think of her just as the rich stuck up good looking girl who sleeps with other people's boy friends type. I could of seen her on ALIAS in Amy Ackers Villianous role, or in 24 as an agent who works with Jack Bauer. I think she just needs a break, for someone to see her in a different way to broaden the types of roles she's getting.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #41
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
For some reason sci fi channel movies are always bad
You must be watching some other channel because not all Sci Fi channel movies are bad.....my favorite was "Dog Soldiers".

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #42
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

I still think it is better than Jack Frost 2!

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:37 PM   #43
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brightside
You must be watching some other channel because not all Sci Fi channel movies are bad.....my favorite was "Dog Soldiers".
Dog Soldiers was good, Cube was good, and I know there were a few others, especially Earlier in Sci-Fi's run. But come on, Boa vs Python (Not even David Hewlitt and Mrs. Boreanaz could salvage that one) MANSQUITO?!?!?! Considering the sheer volume of movies Sci-Fi puts out in a year, 99.9 percent of the movies are pure and utter irredeemable crap. They make Uwe Bowl whatever the fuck look like Speilburgh.

Low budget doesn't have to be bad. Think Mariachi, or hell, Dog Soldiers. Sci-Fi's slate of movies is a real dissapointment for me, considering the quality of the shows they manage to put out. I wonder why they can't attract some smarter and more cutting edge writers, or heck, maybe they could attract some hot new directors to put modern spins on classic Bradbury and the like.

Sorry, but Sci-Fi's movies really annoy me.

Lara, what DB movie were you refering to? These Girls? Mr Fix-it (with the cracKtastic promo images)? The Crow (which I detested).
Old 06-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #44
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
For some reason sci fi channel movies are always bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
MANSQUITO?!?!?!
Bite your tongue! Mansquito, Cerberus, and Frankenfish are classics. CLASSICS!

ETA: Becks, I was referring to "The Crow," if only because when I tuned in, he seemed to be doing his best Drew Carey doing Christian Slater doing Jack Nicholson impersonation.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 06-06-2006 at 09:48 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #45
Livvie
nutcase

What, are you guys crazy?!

The Crow was singularly the FUNNIEST movie I have seen in a long time! How could you not recognize the comic genius. Eddie Furlong stealing his look from Paul Stanley. The devil looking like a bad Andrew Dice Clay. The classic line "I need sex...now". Killing a dude with a bug zapper. A bug zapper! And the devil wearing tighty whities? It was comedy genius!

What movie were you guys watching? I was laughing so hard that I almost peed my pants. I couldn't even watch Charisma's movie because I was still crying laughing from Crow 4. Its definitely at the top of my comedies list now!