Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
nodakskip

You're Welcome Cordy figure

http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/sh...32989&cat=3583

I hope to god these are just test figures. Because the face of Xander and Cordy look nothing like the actors.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
nodakskip

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolu...19&box=&showne

the Plyea and Wish Cordys
Old 02-14-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Not really liking the "Your Welcome Cordy figure". It doesn't look like CC at all. But thanks for the links.

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
Livvie
nutcase

Are these test ones for the ones being released by Diamond Select Toys or another company?
Livvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:59 PM   #5
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

I like the Pylean Princess figure. Now only if they come out with the seashell bikini version.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:55 PM   #6
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface
I like the Pylean Princess figure. Now only if they come out with the seashell bikini version.
Not too surprised about that. However, the Pylean one is the least favorite for me. It looks totally, absolutely nothing like CC and her hair wasn't *that* blonde. It was still brunette with blonde streaks. I think the Wish one (from what I can tell by the angle of the picture) looks like the most similar to CC looks-wise.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
v120176

Yes, The Wish is the most similar. Sometimes, don't know if this is the case, they took part of other dolls and make and ensamble.
By the way, the other day it was aired a rerun of YW, they really gave CC a small shirt!. Everytime I watch that again seems more open, and more boobs showing...
And I bet you'll really sad about that, Freakface
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
Yes, The Wish is the most similar. Sometimes, don't know if this is the case, they took part of other dolls and make and ensamble.
By the way, the other day it was aired a rerun of YW, they really gave CC a small shirt!. Everytime I watch that again seems more open, and more boobs showing...
And I bet you'll really sad about that, Freakface
Well if bouncing off the wall giddy is sad, well I guess I am sad about that...

I might make a suggestion on the next Cordy figure: the yellow maid outfit from "Dear Boy and the black gown from WitW.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #9
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface
I might make a suggestion on the next Cordy figure: the yellow maid outfit from "Dear Boy and the black gown from WitW.
Now that's what Im talking about ..

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #10
MissWera

I liked the your welcome Cordy most. None of those figures look like CC...especially the pylea-Cordy's eyebrows look weird!
MissWera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #11
nodakskip

I've got the new diamond comics previews catalog and they have a few of them. Pylea Cordy is listed as an exclusive to them. But others have shown up on the web after that was said.

They also have Season Seven Xander, Eye patch Xander and Wish Cordy. I have to say Wish cordy does look like the best one.

Bad news is that the Pylea Cordy is sold by itself. The Xanders and Wish Cordy are only sold in cases. Meaning you would have to buy like nine figures. Best bet is to get them online, but I did order 2 Pylea Cordys. I remember I didnt buy any of the cheerleader Cordys years ago because they looked nothing like CC. But now they are very high in price on ebay.

Plyea Princess Cordy has a full page add with the figure and a old promo pic of CC. The other figures have a two page add. One is and old promo pic of CC and NB (CC in the red dress) and the 3 figures on the next page.

Ill see if I can scan the pages soon.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:19 AM   #13
Jessica

it might just be me, but they are all some form of creepy.... wierd....
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:14 PM   #14
Livvie
nutcase

WARNING: RANT ahead.

Generally, I am a pretty easy going gal. Takes a lot to rock my boat. But I am pissed off. I looked at those pictures that Skip so generously provided and my blood pressure went through the roof I am so mad.

Now, us Cordelia fans, we have had to put up with a whole lot of crap. I mean, a lot of it. Destruction of a character we loved, no return for a character we loved, a shaft in the love department for the character we loved. We have every right to be pissed about a lot but this, final straw.

I had to endure a freaking Hannakah Willow coming out before there was even a HINT that we would get a Cordy figure from DST. And we get this?! Overbite Cordy and Creepy Face Cordy. You look at those, they don't even look like CC at all. Did they not have any pictures of her around or something?!

Now I have other of their figures. And they are good. They spent a lot of time with the fan faves. But this...oooh it just burns my cookies something awful. And the worst part of it is, I am going to buy these figures because I want them to make more, I want them to make decent ones, I want to support whatever Cordy stuff they have out there. But I sure as hell am not going to buy it WITHOUT emailing them to express my displeasure.

And I encourage every single person who buys this figure to do the same if you feel the way I do. We don't deserve to be treated like this as consumers or as fans. It looks like they just took whatever left over heads they had and repainted them. CC is too beautiful a woman and Cordelia was too great of a character for this kind of treatment.

Freaking Overbite Pylea Cordy pisses me off the most.

End of rant.