Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2005, 07:44 PM   #31
LaLa247
Wooo!

Yep, Sin City was a fantastic failure that nosedived tremendously in its second week. It was a utter disappointment to the studio...and that's why they're making two sequels.

RR is one of the kings of cult cinema (he's also a member of A Band Apart, hello). Desperado and The Faculty aren't exactly Oscar films, yet they're loved by that precious demographic that the Studio is probably aiming for in the audience for WW.

RR actually gets it, I don't think Joss does anymore. A great cult movie isn't just all about witty one-liners and kewl super-humans people.

And Charisma's fans need to show Joel Silver what she's got. Someone get his fax number- STAT!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 07-26-2005 at 07:49 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:09 PM   #32
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
And Charisma's fans need to show Joel Silver what she's got. Someone get his fax number- STAT!
What? Send him a copy of her Playboy issue? Then he'd see what she's got.

Okay, I could have resisted, but why would I want to?
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:30 PM   #33
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone
What? Send him a copy of her Playboy issue? Then he'd see what she's got.

Okay, I could have resisted, but why would I want to?
Damn... stole my thunder...

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:39 PM   #34
LaLa247
Wooo!

LOL Whatever works, man. The cover itself has a 70's vibe to it. Those WW manips could also be sent.

No, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I would like to see Joss have to call Charisma "Ms. Carpenter" on the set, no...
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:25 AM   #35
cordynangel
Hopeless Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar

ARGH. I soooo did not need to see this. ROTFLMAO. *scrubs eyes to try and take away images*

Now Johnny...Mmmm...

Hold me, and make it the truth,...
That when all is lost there will be you.
Cause to the universe I don’t mean a thing
And there’s just one word that I still believe and it’s
Love... love. love. love. love.
~EV
cordynangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:29 AM   #36
Cordy55

i dont think joss is going to ever get this movie started...its been in the works since 2002...i was reading an old magazine from 2002 n they were talking bout it
Cordy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #37
Kika
An Endless Repetition

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...5/050729b.html

Quote:
6. The Self-Proclaimed "Bitch in the Bikini" Is Fierce! Charisma Carpenter, who's been hitting the gym twice a day and "doing a ton of cardio" to prep for her bikini scene, says her character will give Miss Mars a run for her money. "Veronica better watch her back. She may be a tough cookie, but she's never really dealt with such wicked fierce competition. My character was a Laker girl, you know. I'm just more experienced at being a snotty-nosed brat."
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #38
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_Tepes
Sin City nosedived in it's second week of release, that's not doing well finacialy and most of praise I saw heaped upon it came from the Harry Knowles' of the Net.

I couldn't stand Miller as a Writer and can't stand him now. I'm sure he'll get another movie made and when that one flops like this one did we'll all get to hear him yelling that we don't get his genius.
Sin City was not a film of 'Spider-Man'-like appeal, and was never intended to be. Thanks to Rodriguez's ultra-economic style, and the fact that it was well-received by the cultish, Tarantino-ish audience it was aiming for, it was quite profitable (and also sold quite a few of Miller's books as a result). The critical reaction was mixed, although those who liked it tended to really, really like it.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:03 PM   #39
Adrian_Tepes
SPD! Emergency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Yep, Sin City was a fantastic failure that nosedived tremendously in its second week. It was a utter disappointment to the studio...and that's why they're making two sequels.

Both of which will be disappointments like SC was.

What happened with Joss and his merry little band of followers is something occuring industrywide. You have these creators who 'rebel' against the norm and are praised for it by those amongst their little group of peers and followers yet the average person doesn't agree with it and instead opts to spend their money elsewhere.

By embracing and promoting people like RR, the people with power are alienating larger and larger groups of people. They don't "get it anymore". Instead they want the audience to "get them" whcih isn't happening.

Miller's problem is that he has an even bigger ego then Whedon and he's an even bigger example of what's going wrong. People don't like or want to see Batman and Superman fighting each other, they want to see them fighting as friends and working together. And Miller doesn't understand and agree with that. He never has, that's why you see him getting upset and throwing temper tantrums from time to time.
Adrian_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:28 PM   #40
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
By embracing and promoting people like RR, the people with power are alienating larger and larger groups of people. They don't "get it anymore". Instead they want the audience to "get them" whcih isn't happening.
Really, says whom? You? It seemed that a hellava lot of people "got" Desperado and Sin City. A lot of people "got" Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction and Ed Wood and so on (Theatre and DVD sales show as much). Just because these movies aren't "mainstream" like Finding Nemo and Hitch doesn't mean that people don't get them. RR isn't asking anyone to 'get him'. He just does his own incredibly cool thing for which he feels a deep passion for. If RR was all about people getting him, he would've left the business after The Faculty. I doubt he gives a damn if people get him or not- he just wants to make movies. Cool movies- which is why I would be completely interested to see what he would've done with WW.

And you can't tell me that any of the actors from BtVS and AtS wouldn't give their right arm to be in a RR or QT movie. The only person who I could see being unexcited would be Whedon, if only because of his high opinion of himself.
Quote:
People don't like or want to see Batman and Superman fighting each other, they want to see them fighting as friends and working together.
Once again, says who? You're presenting things as fact when it's just your own little opinion. It's not "people", it's you, and unless you can present solid, written proof of it, it'll stay your opinion and your opinion only.
Quote:
And Miller doesn't understand and agree with that. He never has, that's why you see him getting upset and throwing temper tantrums from time to time.
You got a link for this story, 'cause the only thing I've ever heard of the guy throwing a tantrum was when the studios wanted to change his novels around.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 07-30-2005, 01:57 AM   #41
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

I have only this to say:

There's a reason it's called the lowest common denominator. Just because a lot of people like something doesn't mean it's good. Sometimes (not every time, but sometimes) it means the exact opposite.

So a mass appeal doesn't guarantee it's of any quality, nor does a niche popularity mean it lacks in quality.

What's good is good, and what's bad is bad, and the ticket sales really don't speak to quality IMO. They speak to marketing. Another aspect to remember is that people's tastes and quality don't always overlap, either.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."

Last edited by Cordy's Bitch; 07-30-2005 at 02:00 AM.
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:29 AM   #42
September

Quote:

People don't like or want to see Batman and Superman fighting each other, they want to see them fighting as friends and working together.
Oh, I don't know. Perhaps then we'd finally have an answer to the question that haunts us all: which one would win in a fight.

livejournally thingy
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:43 AM   #43
v120176

Quote:
People don't like or want to see Batman and Superman fighting each other, they want to see them fighting as friends and working together
I don't know, I know several fans that would love that. I can't understand them. To me those crossovers are more or less another version of "Billie The Kid vs Dracula"
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:54 AM   #44
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Wow. How far off topic is this thread, eh?

How about CC's comment that her character is going to "give Veronica a run for her money"?
Old 07-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #45
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Wow. How far off topic is this thread, eh?

How about CC's comment that her character is going to "give Veronica a run for her money"?
Okay.... after she gives Veronica a run for her money, would they both kiss and make-up?

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote