Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
Andromeda7_4

Queen of Hearts?

Now that SMG is set to play Alice, wouldn't it be fun if Charisma were to be cast as the Queen of Hearts?

And James Marsters as the Mad Hatter!

(Ok, I know it won't happen, but I'm having fun casting this anyway.
Alexis Denisof as the Caterpillar?)
Old 06-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

They're remaking Alice in Wonderland? I had no idea.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #3
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
They're remaking Alice in Wonderland? I had no idea.

Well, it's a Gothic version, very dark and twisted. A grown-up tramatized Alice returns to Wonderland after her entire family is murdered and finds Wonderland has also changed...sounds rather interesting, in a way.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:04 PM   #4
TeSjah
Dutchess of LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda7_4
Well, it's a Gothic version, very dark and twisted. A grown-up tramatized Alice returns to Wonderland after her entire family is murdered and finds Wonderland has also changed...sounds rather interesting, in a way.
Isn't it called 'Malice in Wonderland'? I thought I saw a filmposter.

"Well, it's hard to top taking a dagger to the jugular, but I do what I can," Lilah shrugged.

'Shipping: CordyAngel ~ LilahWesley ~ ReginaHook
TeSjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #5
v120176

In the game (this is based on American Mcgee ALice). Alice is crazy after a fire that kills all her family. She's locked in a place for crazy people (I don't remember the name on English) and she goes, in her mind on a travel to Wonderland to face her past. Is not the book, here everyone dies, even the cat and hte bunny. And the Queen of hearts is really Alice. It's the last part of the game and it's difficult to kill her. After killing her bad side (that's what Queen of heart is) Alice is sane again and can go to home (or whatever)

First, I don't see SMG as Alice: I don't find her enought good actress to play Alice in what really the game is I read some things about "normal again" or Cruel intentions Not remotelly near of that Very much twisted. Also Alice is a teen, to be exact 17. I read something about Dakota Fanning. I think she could do it. I think, as afan of the game, it could have more sense a kid than a near 30 ALice.
Sorry, but I don't think SMG has a lot of range to play this type of role.

Last edited by v120176; 06-21-2005 at 04:21 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #6
KarKar

Sounds sort of like "Labyrinth," part updated fairy tale/borderline pedaphile bodice ripper.

Depending on how old they wanna make her, I could see people like Alexis Bledel, Emma Watson or (don't hurt me) Lindsey Lohan.

They can act, still come across as believable teens (since two of them are), but have that 'budding womanhood' thing going. Plus, at least Watson wouldn't have to fake an accent and Lohan surprisingly has the range. I can't see Bledel as a blonde but she certainly has the little girl voice down.

Another person I can think of who probably wouldn't touch it though is Monica Keena. I loved her "Snow White" w/ Sigourny Weaver. What's more fun that a little cannibalism, madness, incest, cabals, magic and gang rape in a dark forest?
Old 06-21-2005, 05:17 PM   #7
v120176

Just to give an idea of what Alice is and the level of spychosis it has, here's a picture of her :

And a link because is big
http://www.americanmcgee.com/alice_i...lice2all2d.jpg

Far from the Disney's sweet blonde,don't you think?

Last edited by v120176; 06-21-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Very very interesting. In a way it kind of reminds me of that ShowTime version of Snow White which was very dark and scary...nothing like the Disney version.

Do we know if this is going to be a live action movie or if it's going to be a CGI thing?

ETA- Thanks for the details
Old 06-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Very very interesting. In a way it kind of reminds me of that ShowTime version of Snow White which was very dark and scary...nothing like the Disney version.
That's the one w/ Monica Keena & Sigourney Weaver that I'm thinking of, Showtime picked it up back when it was trying to be "edgy" & provocative. Apparently no one in the theaters wanted to see a woman eat her stepdaughter's heart.

From those pic's it really does look like something up Bledel's alley. Or Edward Gorey.

Also reminds me of 'The Company of Wolves,' which had one of the weird plotlines. Great vibe and effects but even for a dream it made me throw up my hands at points.

I'm not sure why SMG would be interested in this unless she's resigned herself to a horror niche given "The Grudge" and her outstanding work in stuff like "Cruel Intentions." Maybe she's going after Ricci's stuff.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:43 PM   #10
v120176

I really, really, really love this game. I don't go very much with PC games (except when I can't go to the gym and I want to loose some tension ) but in my house I have a bunch of people that love them.
I totally loved this I played it a lot of times. To me is the better one in terms of grapichs and ide. I think if Lewis Carroll was still alive he would have love this. Total psycho game. Sorry for the rant.

OH.MY.GOD, Karkar, you gave me the idea...... Ricci is perfect for this, she has the talent and the looks and she looks younger than she is. Sorry for SMG fans, but she can't hold a chance against Ricci for this.

Last edited by v120176; 06-21-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #11
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
That's the one w/ Monica Keena & Sigourney Weaver that I'm thinking of, Showtime picked it up back when it was trying to be "edgy" & provocative. Apparently no one in the theaters wanted to see a woman eat her stepdaughter's heart.
Yep that's the one, although I thought it was a made for Showtime movie.

It was quite good and I really loved the twist it took on the whole Snow White/Wicked Queen angle.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar

I'm not sure why SMG would be interested in this unless she's resigned herself to a horror niche given "The Grudge" and her outstanding work in stuff like "Cruel Intentions." Maybe she's going after Ricci's stuff.
What has Ricci done lately???
Anyway, SMG is definitely set to play Alice, so considering who might do better is irrelevant- it's a done deal! But she has a couple of films to do first, which don't fit the horror niche. So I wouldn't say she's resigned herself.

Who would everyone cast as the characters (from BtVS or AtS??)

See: AICN and Zap2it for more on Alice.

Last edited by Andromeda7_4; 06-21-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:29 PM   #13
KarKar

Quote:
What has Ricci done lately?
Besides picking up Indie awards & working w/ Woody Allen? She just did a horror movie with Wes Craven & Kevin Williamson, "Cursed."

Morrigan, Showtime at the time was picking up movies that didn't find distributors but were risky like the new "Lolita," which may have been better left alone. I liked that Lo was actually closer to the character in the book and Jeremy Irons was his usual nuanced himself but it still strikes me as being two steps away from jerry springer.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:00 AM   #14
KAPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
I really, really, really love this game. I don't go very much with PC games
I liked that game too. I never ended that game because I was playing on a keyboard and that got old fast but I still remember the Intro movie was great, as was the whole feel of the game. If the movie is anything like that I would love to see it. I heard that they were planing on re-making OZ too, but it never happened.

As for SMG playing Alice... I don't know. Alice, herself, was by far the creepiest thing on that game and I'm not really sure how Geller's Alice would be. If its like the depressed Buffy of late BTVS that just doesn't fit. I wonder can SMG do an english accent?

Alexis Bledel has the look.
KAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:25 AM   #15
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Good GOD.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote