Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
rousedower
cancelled

What would you do? Hypothetical...

If CC got a TV series and it was a brand new show, of course you'd all tune in to see it and support it, what if the unthinkable happened and you didn't like it? Would you give it a few more chances to improve? And if you did and found you still didn't like it, then what would you do? Would you continue watching even though you didn't like it just to support CC? Or would you turn it off and wish CC the best?

I've been thinking about this. I want to see CC do well, but if she got a show and I didn't like it I wouldn't watch it. And I just wondered what some more devoted CC fans would do in that situation. I know quite a few people didn't watch her Charmed appearances because they don't like that show.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 01-12-2005 at 07:04 PM.
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
LisaMarie514
Lurking...who me?

I hope if she gets a show it won't be crappy, but even though I love CC, if the show is crap after 4 episodes, I just won't have the time or energy to invest in it.

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" Angelus - Passion BTVS S2

LM's Ramblings
LisaMarie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #3
CordyFan4Life

I'd watch Charisma watch paint dry on a wall. Nothing she would do would make me not want to watch it. She can take crap and turn into gold. Did you not see her Charmed appearences?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:10 PM   #4
Platypus
The Pointy End

Honestly? If CC was good in it, and I liked her character, I'd watch even if the rest of the show was crap. I've always been the type to get hooked on shows based on characters - right now I run home every Monday night to make sure I watch Stargate Atlantis, and while I think it's a decent show, that's not what makes it must-see, can't-miss, rewatch eps multiple times television for me. It's just that David Hewlett as Dr. McKay is my new "Cordy", if you will - I absolutely love the character, and that's enough for me. So as long as CC had a substantial role and I liked her character, I'd tune in to support her. My problem with her earlier "Charmed" appearances was not so much that I found the episodes painful (because I did), but that 2 15 second cameos wasn't enough to justify my watching the show - I didn't like the 3 eps of "Charmed" that I did watch, but I would have watched the entire season if her character had been a regular with significant screen time.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:41 PM   #5
loner
It's showtime, folks!

I'd watch it. Even if the show was 30 minutes of her knitting a sweater.
loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
Kit

I'd still watch. Actually, I would tape it, and then fast forward all the boring parts.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:41 AM   #7
califi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
Honestly? If CC was good in it, and I liked her character, I'd watch even if the rest of the show was crap. I've always been the type to get hooked on shows based on characters
Ditto.

GoTeam C/A
califi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:32 AM   #8
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'm with Platy. It's the character that draws me in not, the show (in most cases). I know for a fact that I'm not watching Monk without Sherona, I will continue to watch TTW with Santos as POTUS because I love the characters and I would have (more than likely) dropped out of CSI if Nick and Sara were gone.

So if I found the character engaging even if I thought the show was mediocre I'd still tune in, it wouldn't be Must See TV but I'd watch it.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:06 AM   #9
brownsbros3

I'd watch it, and hope that it would get better. Though, realistically with CC involved, I couldn't see myself not liking it.

I don't really liked Charmed either, but I watched the three episodes that she appeared in because I enjoy her work.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #10
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I watched Friends through thick and thin 'cause I liked the characters, so as long as there were some good ones on CC's show, I could watch.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:10 AM   #11
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i'd watch for her and tape it. i watched "charmed", "the division", "miss match" and taped s4 of "angel" after ickfest,and i would never have watched any of these had she not been on them.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:41 PM   #12
nodakskip

If I didnt like whatever her new show was I would tivo it and just fast forward it till her parts. Its what I did for most of the end of Angel.

I am open to give any tvshow a shot. The trouble I had with Angel was that I knew they were destroying the older characters. I knew that Cordy wouldnt ever do this or that.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:51 PM   #13
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Platypus
Honestly? If CC was good in it, and I liked her character, I'd watch even if the rest of the show was crap. I've always been the type to get hooked on shows based on characters ...
Same here. I've always watched a show based on whether I see potential in a character and if they deliver what they're supposed to.

But...for CC I'd watch the show even if it weren't that good or crap, mainly for the reason that CC's in it.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #14
rolandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow4Corangela
Same here. I've always watched a show based on whether I see potential in a character and if they deliver what they're supposed to.

But...for CC I'd watch the show even if it weren't that good or crap, mainly for the reason that CC's in it.
Things are different for Charisma than with just about everything else in my viewing habits. I feel I've (we've) invested so much in wishing her well that it would be nigh on impossible not to watch. I think my first fan line I ever wrote over on CC.com was something like 'I'd watch her read from the phonebook Weds. 9-10 because it would be more interesting than what was on the WB at that time. . .'
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #15
Mab
The orbit of your hips

If it's crap like Charmed, then no.

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote