Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2004, 08:25 AM   #1
Emmangel
Administrator

Missing some tapes of Charisma's work. Can you help?

Hi guys, as you may be aware, we’re currently working hard to make Charisma Online’s media section the most comprehensive source of Charisma related media. The image gallery is already huge (though currently closed off to the pubic, if those those of you who have visited the new gallery were wondering) and the media section large, but there are some things missing.

There are some interviews, guest appearances, her work on Malibu Shores that are missing, in both video and image form and I’d love to fill that gap, as it’d benefit all.

So, this is where I come to you guys for help. I’m asking if anyone who has tapes of her interviews, appearances or guest spots would be able to make copies of what they have for me? I’d be willing to pay for cost of the tape and postage if necessary of course (I can play tapes in both PAL and NTSC).

Some of the things I’m looking for are:
Miss Match (Santa Baby and Something Nervy)
MTV Undercover
Strange Frequency (Don't Fear The Reaper)
Hey Arnold! (Dinner For Four/Phoebe Skips) – So I can make sound clips.
Spree Candy
MTV Presents: Videos That Don't Suck
Josh Kirby: Time Warrior: Chapter 6, Last Battle for the Universe
Josh Kirby: Time Warrior: Chapter 2, the Human Pets
Josh Kirby: Time Warrior: Chapter 1, Planet of the Dino-Knights
Malibu Shores (all episodes she’s in)
Justice Files
Secret Anti-Perspirant
Boy Meets World (Train of Fools)
Baywatch (Air Buchannon)
KTLA Morning News - 11 August 2003
Jimmy Kimmel Live - 14 July 2003
KTLA Morning News - 29 October 2001
The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn - 15 October 2001
The Howard Stern Radio Show - 3 April 1999
Vibe - 17 April 1998
The Keenen Ivory Wayans Show - 8 January 1998
The Keenen Ivory Wayans Show - 31 October 1997

As well as any other interviews and guest spots I may have missed etc.

The plan is to soon by a high quality capture card, so I’ll be able to make screencaps and downloadable clips for everyone to enjoy, so hope you can help!

Please either respond in this thread or PM me if you can help.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:36 AM   #2
CordeliaCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
Miss Match (Santa Baby and Something Nervy)
MTV Presents: Videos That Don't Suck
The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn - 15 October 2001
The Howard Stern Radio Show - 3 April 1999
I know i can help with Craig Kilborn from 2001.

I Have a short snippet of her in Videos that dont suck (from bloopers)
and im not 100 percent postive but i most likely have the howard stern interview, and the entire Videos That Dont Suck. I will have to check when i get home.

Miss Match's I can do as well.

I can send them to you all on a dvd-r. if that would help.
CordeliaCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #3
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CordeliaCC
I know i can help with Craig Kilborn from 2001.

I Have a short snippet of her in Videos that dont suck (from bloopers)
and im not 100 percent postive but i most likely have the howard stern interview, and the entire Videos That Dont Suck. I will have to check when i get home.

Miss Match's I can do as well.

I can send them to you all on a dvd-r. if that would help.
Oh, that'd be great!

Do you know if the DVD-R would be region 1 encoded though? (It won't be a problem as I can steal my brothers DVD player, just wondering. )
Old 05-13-2004, 09:15 AM   #4
CordeliaCC

Quote:
Do you know if the DVD-R would be region 1 encoded though?

i can make it any region you would like.

but i was assuming that, if you have a dvdrom in your computer, it can read it as a data disk. That way you can just transfer the video files over to your computer.

If not i can just burn them on a regular cdr

i was looking through some files that i have. and i have quite a few things that feature charisma that you may want:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Bites (VCD Promo from FX Networks with Charisma Features in)
A&E Biography - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (May 14, 2003)
And, video files which feature Charisma interviews for the Buffy And Angel DVDs. S1-3 of Buffy, and S1-4 of Angel.

Last edited by CordeliaCC; 05-13-2004 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #5
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
i can make it any region you would like.

but i was assuming that, if you have a dvdrom in your computer, it can read it as a data disk. That way you can just transfer the video files over to your computer.

If not i can just burn them on a regular cdr.
Hmm, I think it all depends on what type of file it is exactly, my computer is known for throwing hissy fits. Lol

I think a DVD-R would probally be best. I have one for SJD, and tends to work better as I have more control over what I can do with it (region 2 would be wonderful *g*)

Quote:
i was looking through some files that i have. and i have quite a few things that feature charisma that you may want:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Bites (VCD Promo from FX Networks with Charisma Features in)
A&E Biography - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (May 14, 2003)
Oh, those would be nifty! (don't need the DVD ones, as already have those myself. )

I'll send you a PM when I get home so we can work out the final details, okay? Unless you'd prefer e-mail?
Old 05-13-2004, 11:17 AM   #6
LaLa247
Wooo!

Em, I have her "Hey Arnold!" on tape (so I like the show). Since everything is in boxes, I can send it to you once I'm all settled if you want it.

Oh, and Charisma doesn't play the black girl, she plays the girl with the long brown hair.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:40 AM   #7
Emmangel
Administrator

Oh, thanks!

Hey, quick Q, was CC on any of those dailies that your brought back in D*C last year?

I’m hoping they’re selling those again this year, for I will buy a stack. Providing they don’t look like crap that is. Lol

Thanks for the update on who she played. Was her character still called Simone? (if you can recall).
Old 05-13-2004, 02:19 PM   #8
CordeliaCC

I cant burn them as a dvd that is playable in your player. I would have to encode the files and it would be harder for you for CConline. I can ship them to you as data files. Most are either .mpg or .avi files.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:46 PM   #9
CordeliaCC

CC on MTV Undercover

found some celebrity under cover pics:

they are from Romance-on-btvs.com maybe you can contact them and ask wherre they got them from
Old 05-13-2004, 03:02 PM   #10
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
I cant burn them as a dvd that is playable in your player. I would have to encode the files and it would be harder for you for CConline. I can ship them to you as data files. Most are either .mpg or .avi files.
In that case, data files would be great. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:35 PM   #11
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Hey, quick Q, was CC on any of those dailies that your brought back in D*C last year?
She was, and I'll send you that as well.

Quote:
Thanks for the update on who she played. Was her character still called Simone? (if you can recall).
Yep, her name was Simone.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #12
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
She was, and I'll send you that as well.

Yep, her name was Simone.
Thank you! When you're settled let me know, and we'll sort things out.

Also, if I don't talk to you before you go, happy moving, we'll missers you!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:41 PM   #13
Bibliophile

Quote:
Malibu Shores (all episodes she’s in)
Boy Meets World (Train of Fools)
Jimmy Kimmel Live - 14 July 2003
As well as any other interviews and guest spots I may have missed etc.
I have all of the Malibu Shores episodes on tape. The picture bounces a bit in spots but I think that may be the tape they're recorded on. If I can figure out how to make a copy of the tape and if the quality holds up or improves, I can send you those. Her episode of Boy Meets World will be on the Disney Channel on May 18th and I'm planning on recording it, so I can send that to you too. As far as Jimmy Kimmel Live goes, I remember recording her appearance but I think I may have taped over it because he was such an ass. I'll have to check my tapes and if I still have it, I can send you that as well. Do you have her appearance on The Division?

I'll have to put everything on a VHS tape because I'm a technological idiot. I hope this helps.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:47 PM   #14
Emmangel
Administrator

*sigh* Everyone is being so helpful. Warms me heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibliophile
I have all of the Malibu Shores episodes on tape. The picture bounces a bit in spots but I think that may be the tape they're recorded on. If I can figure out how to make a copy of the tape and if the quality holds up or improves, I can send you those. Her episode of Boy Meets World will be on the Disney Channel on May 18th and I'm planning on recording it, so I can send that to you too. As far as Jimmy Kimmel Live goes, I remember recording her appearance but I think I may have taped over it because he was such an ass. I'll have to check my tapes and if I still have it, I can send you that as well. Do you have her appearance on The Division?

I'll have to put everything on a VHS tape because I'm a technological idiot. I hope this helps.
Oh, that'd be great. Thanks!

And no, I don't have a copy of the Division, so that'd be extra squee worthy!

I'll PM everyone tomorrow to sort out the fine details, would do it tonight, but 'tis late.

Thanks again for the help so far folks! CCO and I much appreciate it!
Old 05-16-2004, 11:28 PM   #15
nodakskip

In case you dont know her ep of Boy meets world will air in a few days at 930 pm centeral time. (Not sure of the date im away from my tivo) but I can encode it for you.