Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2004, 10:45 PM   #1
hobo_bobo
How are you a champion?

Interesting News About the WW Movie

i dont know if this warrants a new thread, but please dont kill me if im wrong.
This article appeared at www.darkhorizons.com.

He was telling me a bit about the film on Monday, saying it's about a quarter way through, and who's in it. Next, he says, he is going to make that movie out of the "Wonder Woman" comics. He said it won't be like the old TV series, but it will be lighter in tone than say "X Men". Asking who'd be Wonder Woman, he said they haven't decided yet. I read that Charisma Caprenter from Angel (the TV Show) wanted the role but didn't get it, anyway I asked him and he said "She's good actually. Looks the part. She's definitely still under consideration. Let's see if she can fight".

the full article could be found here:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040512a.php
hobo_bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:19 AM   #2
Visionity28

OOH!! YAY!!!!!!!!
She can definitely fight- shes good at stunts- all of you have seen.
I hope she gets it- OH I HOPE I HOPE!!!
Visionity28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:18 AM   #3
dru
Dark Princess

It would be so cool if she got the role but on buffy.nu the other day it there was an article about it saying that as she did playboy she kinda talked (or posed) herself out of the role.
dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:32 AM   #4
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

That was from the writer of the comic strip not from someone related to the movie. If the person in the article is related to the movie and says she's got a shot then it's worth more then the other person. The comic book writer was just stating his opinion, it doesn't have any more weight behind it then ours really.

Good news, thanks for sharing! Now all we need is for CC's manager/agent to get her an interview, oh and someone should send him the tapes of CC in YW (sword fight) and from S4 where she was slighty pregnant and throwing punches.

ETA: I actually toook the time to read the article and the quote if from Joel Silver so if he says she's got a shot at it then that's a good sign. Doesn't mean she'd get it but it's something to be optimistic about.

Last edited by Morrigan; 05-13-2004 at 02:58 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:52 PM   #5
Bertha Blue

Fantastic. We should write into him and let him know, yes...she CAN fight. Actually, she kicks major ass. And so much for the commentary from 'certain' fans that she is not physically right for the role. He doesn't seem to think so.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #6
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
"She's good actually. Looks the part. She's definitely still under consideration. Let's see if she can fight"
Firstly- Joel Silver talking about Charisma in regards to WW? Not bad. Not bad at all.

On that note, what thrilled me about the WW talk was this part:

"He said it won't be like the old TV series, but it will be lighter in tone than say "X Men".

I am relieved by this. If they tried to take WW too seriously like some other films (i.e. The Hulk, Daredevil), then it wouldn't work. Go for camp! Camp always works!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 05-13-2004 at 05:11 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:13 PM   #7
Bertha Blue

Well, I still think that we should bombard Joel Silver (who, by the way is one of the most influencial and powerful producers in Hollywood right now) with mail about how perfect CC would be for the part. Even if she didn't get it, JS has a tradition of re-using the actors that have auditioned for some of his movies for his other projects if he thinks that the part is right for him.

Does anybody have an address where we can pass along the CC love?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:16 PM   #8
baba

Charisma - WW?

I hope she gets it! She looks like the part, acts like the part, and honestly... I could not imagine any other actress in that role! And as for kicking ass, well... if she hasnīt proven that she can do it in those 4 years, she has been on Angel, which I think she has, then I donīt know what else the producers want her to do! I mean we have all seen that C.C. can kick ass, so the only thing remaining, is for the producers of the movie to see it as well! Let us hope for the best!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:40 AM   #9
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Originally posted by baba
I hope she gets it! She looks like the part, acts like the part, and honestly... I could not imagine any other actress in that role! And as for kicking ass, well... if she hasnīt proven that she can do it in those 4 years, she has been on Angel, which I think she has, then I donīt know what else the producers want her to do! I mean we have all seen that C.C. can kick ass, so the only thing remaining, is for the producers of the movie to see it as well! Let us hope for the best!
I agree whole heartedly. CC does fit the profile and everythingelse of WW. Even is she cannot "kick-ass" the way they want her to, there's still training. Somebody could teach her tai-chi ot Tai K Wan Doe (which I know I spelt wrong) In the end though lets just hope she'd the one.
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote