Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2004, 01:47 PM   #46
Keisha

I've had such a crappy day and that interview has really cheered me up.It might seem corny but reading it has actually given me hope.

She's really an incredible lady and i wish her the best for future projects.

"If I forgot some stuff, please excuse me; I ate the brown acid at Woodstock '69 and can scarcely remember my own name." Brandon Boyd, in his "Thanks" for the MV album.

Wish you were here

Gutter gal #56 *Charisma's Bitch #26*So hard Gal #2AKA Queen Keisha (I am dammit!!!)
Keisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:51 PM   #47
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Squee! I *so* love her! She's unbelievably classy, that gal...and gorgeous, let's not forget. I think it's great that she's so free and frank with what she says - like she hated the C/C storyline and also, there's no point dwelling on the past and resenting anybody for it.

LOVE how she calls AS "Alicia" - it implies a friendship, ya know? And she thinks JB's a doll, and she's so wonderful and nice about SMG after all the rumors, regardless of whether or not they're true. I dunno, *I* always thought they were good friends.

And she's found the love of her life. *melts*

Thanks so much for bringing this over!

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:04 PM   #48
missdini

I loved this interview. She's really great! I wish CC good luck for her future career!

And now i'm really looking forward to watch the 100th episode!

BTW: Thanks for posting the link to the interview!
missdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:07 PM   #49
Nikka
Nikka

Cool What a classy lady

She is a classy lady that has much to be proud of. And I am proud to call myself a CC fan. She was honest, genuine, lovely, sweet, funny, and very appreciative to her fans.
I wish her all the happiness in the world. I will keep watching her carrier as it progress, as I’m sure it will.
As much as I would want to have a weakly hour of CC in a wonderful new drama series, I understand and respect her decision knowing the importance of family, and therefore look forward to see her in a new half-hour comedy, where she can show everyone what a funny and talented actress she is. Also, I too believe that everything happens for a reason, and sometimes life makes decisions for us, which at first we don’t know how to handle, but later on find out it was all for the best.
I especially loved the few words she left for us her fans. I loved hearing her laughter. She’s a very cool person who really cares about others as well as her wonderful family.
Thank you for the link, it made my day.
P.s. I can’t wait for the 100th ep, especially after the promotion she gave it.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:35 PM   #50
canadia

One thing I'd like to point out is how much I loved Charisma for being so incredibly positive in that interview. She never hesitated to say something nice about the people she's worked with; her first reaction when the interviewer mentioned Julie Benz was to say, "She's a doll," and she had really nice things to say about Sarah Michelle Gellar as well. That just struck me as something really sweet, and I love CC for being such an articulate, intelligent, classy lady.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:52 PM   #51
rolandro

Quote:
Originally posted by LittleAngel
So she was already debating whether to stay or go from the show when she got fired.
Hi. Sick here. When I first read this I was thinking it was about returning to do Episode #100, because it was such a big deal getting CC and ME to the signature portion of the contract. But rereading, this was a response to the interviewer's first question (about the Boston Herald interview and her 'abrupt release' from the S5 cast). This didn't surprise me either. I remember my first thought after hearing she wasn't on the S5 cast list: It was her idea, and good for her. Not that I'm all-knowing (believe me, life would be sweet, especially right now) but that it made sense to me. More than the firing did. It floors me that two people with such a similar view as to the character's continuing utility could not get together and do this like friends. JW's take on talent did that. He said he never let someone go until he makes the decision creatively. To think that all he had to do was ask her! Is your heart still in it? No? How about doing this win-win? We bump you down to 'recurring,' give Cordy some closure, and free you up to look for new projects? Because that's what he was looking for: A cast 100% dedicated to saving the show. He knew she would be a new mother so there would be scheduling issues, and so he fired her preemptively. Marked it up in the 'business decision' column. Think how differently our little world would be at this point in time? See Jane Date, AND Miss Match (AND a Happy, Healthy Little Donovan!) AND BIG BONUS! maybe 2 or 3 Cordy episodes already in the can with #100 being maybe the *sniff* Kiss Off! Oh poor Joss, still terrified of the cute girls.

JW should take a page from the David Mamet Manual on ongoing talent relationships. Mamet is a wordsmith type like JW (a generation of American actors LEARN his stuff EXACTLY WORD FOR WORD - no improv for Mr. American Buffalo) and yet when it comes to his movies, he regularly draws from his regular pool of talent: William H. Macy, Felicity Huffman, Rebecca Pidgeon (Ms. Mamet) plus a few others. When you get good talent you hang onto it. You never know when another project comes up and you wish (if you're JW) - oh for a tall brunette who can do comedy but has range when you need it. Poor Stupid Little Pig-Pen. Now he has nobody.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 03:45 PM   #52
MrPresident

My Charisma love just grew even more, if that's possible. This was the best Charisma article I have read. I loved all of it. And I am glad Charisma also didn't like the season 4 storyline, or the fact that she had to speak in monotone the entire time. Also, I'm glad that she acknowledges her fans love for her.

Plus, Charisma's mom sounds like a doll.
MrPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 03:52 PM   #53
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

I've seen only a few interveiws of CC (Mostly the ones on the DVD, which are really short.) But this has to be by far the best.

It's broadened my respect for her. I already know she's beautiful, classy and a funny lady, but i have so much respect for her as an actress and a mother. (For an actress becuase she is choosing her parts carefully and a mother becuase her family is the reason she's choosing carefully. And that she's willingly doing so, instead of doing half-half adds to it.)

As said before, i LOVED hearing her laugh. Such a refreshing thing to hear, it really made my heart leap and brightened my day.

Very few people can do that. And the fact that i like her so much and i dont even know her personally is a big thing to me, usually i don't trust actresses and actors, they always come off as fake.

Not her.
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:06 PM   #54
Ambrosia

My admiration for her has just grown, if that's even possible.
CC and her diplomacy about her exit from Angel reminds me a lot of how Nicole Kidman dealt with her breakup from Tom cruise where she really wouldn't say a bad word about him. I really respect that.
I do have to say thpugh that I am so dissappionted that Cordy probably won't be coming back but CC has to do what's feels right for her.
After reading this interview I was so proud to be a CC fan.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:52 PM   #55
carrowsboy

Remarkable lady

She's so incredibly beautiful...and not just on the outside!

ANGEL is a mess this year. Not just her absence, but the entire quality of the show has just gone south. To Mr. Whedon, I guess you are finally learning the meaning of "you reap what you sew."
carrowsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:29 PM   #56
askew

Great, great interview. What a class act. To echo other posters here, everytime I read an article with Charisma I just end up respecting her more. Here's hoping she lands the 1/2 hour sitcom she wants during pilot season.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #57
Jake

Dearth of sitcoms - Wall Street Journal

A good story in today's Journal on the shortage of sitcoms - a fact that puts Charisma's gamble on getting a good half-hour show (and her turndown of hour-length dramas) in perspective for the high-risk gamble that it is. Here's the link, although it works only if you subscribe: http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB1...ml?mod=COMPANY

Since it may be a good guess that not everyone here subscribes to the WSJ Online, here are key passages:

Quote:
The current drought of hit situation comedies, already a problem at the broadcast networks, is hitting even harder downstream, at the local television stations that depend on comedy reruns.

. . . as networks rely more on reality shows and cancel poorly performing scripted shows like comedies, this model is being threatened. Dick Robertson, president of Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution, recently studied comedy production over the past 13 years. Of the 436 comedies launched during that time, only 54 lasted at least four years, the prerequisite for a rerun sale. Of those, only nine, or 2%, became big hits in reruns. "Even Pete Rose wouldn't bet on this," says Mr. Robertson.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:36 AM   #58
racingjunkie

Jake - thanks for posting.

I gotta hope that the "reality" show thing is just a fad. I considered myself a tv addict (I'm my father's daughter) and I am just not watching tv much anymore - believe me - that's sayin somthin!

the world is going to heck in a handbasket I tell ya!

give me back the good ole days
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Three's Company (a good solid Tuesday night lineup)

damnit I am old!

racingjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:45 AM   #59
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I keep saying that whole reality TV thing is a passing fad yet each season/mid-season there's more and more reality programming.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:54 AM   #60
Jake

It's in large part financial. The audience level will decline over time, but the very low comparative cost of production will not and that will prolong the life of reality TV well beyond what it would otherwise have been. It is also the higher cost of production that leads scripted shows to be cancelled so quickly, often before they even have a chance. Whether Cheers would have survived its opening season today is highly doubtful. I personally can't stand reality TV and watch none of it. And that means I watch less TV - and devote more time to ST and the like.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote