Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2004, 12:33 AM   #31
Helena
Paolo Maldini

Lovely interview!! She trully is the heart

What Platy said!!

Thanks for posting the link!!
Charisma's bitch #378,Team Cordy ?

"It was great to have her back," says David, breaking into a rare smile.
"The show started with Cordy and Angel and it´s been hard not having
Charisma on set this season. We missed her presence, her energy."
(Cult Times #105, 2004)
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:59 AM   #32
arkady

Fantastic interview with well thought out questions. I admire CC more and more especially in regards to her comments or lack thereof about JW. She's one classy lady. I have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed in the hopes that she lands a half hour show.
arkady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:00 AM   #33
onlyann

What everyone said- CC seems to be a very lovely person, as well as beautiful and a wonderful actress.

My only problem in the interview - was in the 'not dwelling on it' question....

I'm not quoting but CC says something along the lines that- sometimes God makes a decision for you that you couldn't make for yourself...

I have no problem with what she said or what she obviously meant, but I do have a problem with how someone like Joss may interpert it...

see, see, I (Joss) didn't do anything wrong. I helped her, I made the decision for her (CC)....I AM God.

As for the 100th - I'll trust CC and watch.

anne
________
Teen pregnancy advice

Last edited by onlyann; 02-21-2011 at 01:59 AM.
onlyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:35 AM   #34
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Interesting read, as always. It's nice to hear she's working on yet another Miss Match, mostly because she seems to have attracted the attention of Darren Star. I do hope if Star approaches her about working on the SATC sequel, she considers that filming 13 episodes of a one hour show for HBO isn't the same as filming 13 episodes of a one hour show for broadcast TV. It's particularly satisfying to read that she realizes that none but the severely Joss-whipped sycophants thought the EvilCordy story last season was any good.

I do have to say this though. Whatever Charisma might say about it, if the synopsis of episode 12 that was out is accurate, there's still zero interest from this Charisma/Cordelia fan in watching the travesty unfold. I'm pleased she's not leaning towards coming back to Angel; she's outgrown that silliness.

Last edited by SamIAm; 01-14-2004 at 08:51 AM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:47 AM   #35
racingjunkie

The interview was perfect and I feel great relief. Charisma seems to be in a better place about this than me, but this helped bunches. I feeeeeeeeel the closure coming. All these months of anger, voodoo dolls, hexes can finally end (yes, it's all about me).

As many here have said, Charisma is truly classy.

I look forward to the 100th ep. My torment can finally end knowing she's better than ok.

I am a sad, sad pathetic person....wait,star obessession counts as a hobby right?
racingjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:55 AM   #36
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
I do have to say this though. Whatever Charisma might say about it, if the synopsis of episode 12 that was out is accurate, there's still zero interest from this Charisma/Cordelia fan in watching the travesty unfold.
I am holding on to some hope that the spoiler synopsis may differ a bit from the final shooting script. Usually the spoiler sources get their hands on an early-ish script - it was penned by Fury, but may have received rewrites by Joss. It may be futile hope, but I guess we'll know when the wildfeed comes out.

Quote:
It's particularly satisfying to read that she realizes that none but the severely Joss-whipped sycophants thought the EvilCordy story last season was any good.
That was my favorite part! After all this time, the one thing I remain absolutely certain about is that Season 4 sucked.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #37
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
...it was penned by Fury, but may have received rewrites by Joss. It may be futile hope, but I guess we'll know when the wildfeed comes out.
Penned by Fury, rewritten by Joss. And the hope, futile or otherwise, comes from...?

Seriously, yeah, I'll check out the wildfeed. If it sounds different from the synopsis, I'll record the episode. I won't watch it 'til y'all here give your imprimatur though. "Y'all" in this case being a subset that doesn't include you know who.

Quote:
That was my favorite part! After all this time, the one thing I remain absolutely certain about is that Season 4 sucked.
I especially like that it flies in the face of Joss' inane claim that Cordelia had a wonderful story last season. The dip doesn't even get that it wasn't Cordelia in the first place.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:20 AM   #38
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
Penned by Fury, rewritten by Joss. And the hope, futile or otherwise, comes from...?
Not so much by the "penned by Fury" part, although I have enjoyed Fury's writing in the past. I thought "The Price" was one of the better late season 3 episodes, and was, in fact, pretty much the only ep I liked post-Lullaby.

But, as much as I think Joss is an immature and egocentric individual with, I think, limited storytelling ability when it comes to the "big picture" and a narrative theme (which is why he so desperately needs to partner with someone like Greenwalt), when he puts his mind to something he does have the ability to churn out a decent script. He clearly has not put his mind to it in recent years (and "Chosen" is a good example of that), but once upon a time he was able to come up with pretty satisfying "goods" for the characters.

So there is some small sliver of hope that if he tore himself away from writing his precious Firefly fanfic long enough to really, truly attempt to give Cordelia some sort of ending that may be far far far far far less than she deserves, but yet still might (if you close your eyes and pinch your nose so that you can't smell the lingering odor of Season 4 and just pretend it never happened) at least be an entertaining 42 minutes for a Cordelia fan.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 10:51 AM   #39
Annie

What a great interview! Thanks for posting the link!

She seems to be so lovely and genuinen person! And I'm so glad that she's happy. I hope she gets that half-hour comedy. She SO deserve that!
She even made me want to watch 100th ep.

What a classy lady.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:36 AM   #40
angelslady

Very classy lady, charisma is a true star, what a fantastic
interview i so can,t wait to watch the 100th episode, thanks
again for posting the link
angelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:07 PM   #41
rolandro

A necessary interview for the CC hardcores. I could parse this thing all day (and I may, as it's a sick day for me).

My basic take: This is one centered and empowered young woman. Her priorities are lined up, neat and tidy. There's no doubt here that Cordy's strength and willpower grew from Charisma's strength and willpower - from performer to the performance and into the writing - in that general direction.

Holding out for half-hour comedy didn't surprise me at all (echoing back to some CC quotes from last year). Especially coming from a lifetime of 8 day, primarily nighttime shoots, and with family being the priority. That shows me that she's really learned how to survive in that business. On the other hand, although I was and am confident that she is a very marketable performer, I was sort of surprised that she's been turning down offers already. Pleasantly surprised. She's in a good space right now; the right project will find her, no worries. And maybe not. Again, she demonstrated her mettle by letting go of the fear of making a wrong decision and letting TPTB, (the real version) take care of things. That's a strong, intelligent and mature step. Go, Charisma!

Yeah, Joss-bash all you want (I do). But not here. He's a coward, but what came through clearly was that firing CC *was* a very difficult decision for him to make. He is, after all, a coward and doesn't like messes like this. Oh, that was bashing. Give me a break, I'm sick. Anyway, it was oddly refreshing to hear from her that they do have a relationship - he was grateful for her return - and that was enough for her. Although this relationship is permanently broken, it served its usefulness (more for CC than for JW, who probably wishes that Charisma didn't grow up *quite* so completely from the adversity he threw her way) and doesn't need fixing. Also clear and sadly enough, it's probably goodbye Cordy after Epi #100. With the Frog holding out the offer for more S5 Cordys, any resistance to anything more is coming from CC. Color her done, unless Miss Match dries up before the end of the year and CC decides to get her 2003-2004 diaper money by going back with the FGs. We're onto Charisma Carpenter, Acting Career Phase Two, and Motherhood, Phase Two.

Last edited by rolandro; 01-14-2004 at 12:10 PM.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:47 PM   #42
KarKar

She really does come across very well. Even her criticisms and complaints aren’t unprofessional, at lease the ones she’s willing to discuss.

I loved her surprise at talking about SJD and MM rather than just Cordelia stuff. She still seems genuinely surprised that people are Charisma fans, not just Cordelia fans who are only interested in the characterization by committee she had to pull off.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:50 PM   #43
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
She is such a sweetheart. That was a great interview.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:30 PM   #44
PassionBTVS

Along with everyone else here, I have to agree I love her more and more after every interview, tv appearance and just seeing her smile.
That is probably the best interview I've read, and the best CC has had.

And a big YEA!! to another, the fourth eppy of MM.
I really didnt plan on watching the 100th ep, but now I just may have to take a looksy.
damn her and her winning personality...I had hoped to never watch that stink fest ever again.
Cordy's Team #162
Illyria: We cling to what is gone. Is there anything in this life but grief?.
Gunn:Come on, Sparky, let’s go: this heart ain’t gonna cut itself out.

thanks Psychofilly for the avie!!
PassionBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:38 PM   #45
brahmsviolin

I can't add much. Platy summed it up perfectly.

ETA: I'm very excited about a fourth Miss Match. If she got a half-hour on NBC, then she could still appear once in awhile as Serena.

As for AtS, I planned on watching the ep anyway, but I hope that her assessment is accurate and the ep is more than the spoilers indicate.
(Personally, I'd love for the sex reference to be Angel and Cordy, but I highly doubt it.)
Team Cordy #172

Last edited by brahmsviolin; 01-14-2004 at 01:54 PM.
brahmsviolin is offline   Reply With Quote