Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2004, 10:18 AM   #1
Bertha Blue

Update on the Joey spin-off...

Guys, I know that everybody was hoping that CC would be cast as Joey's love interest or potential love interest, but unfortunately the word is that Elle McPherson who made a brief guest appearance as Joey's roomate has been cast as his new love interest.

I wouldn't worry though. CC's incredibly talented. I am sure that the networks will be throwing offers out left right and center. And maybe she might still make guest appearances - like she is doing on Miss Match?
Old 01-08-2004, 10:34 AM   #2
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Well, I never watched Friends, so I would've had to make it a real point to watch a spinoff. If I'm going to make a real point to watch a show, I'd rather it be one of CC's own.

Thanks, BB!
Old 01-08-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
CordyFan4Life

I'm glad, because I doubt this Joey spin-off will last more than 1 season. You can't break up Friends, and right now, this season of Friends sucks.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:49 AM   #4
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

They're bringing Elle McPherson back to play the same character? The girl that Joey dumped b/c she didn't like his friends? Uh, huh.

I haven't really watched Friends since Monica and Chandlier's wedding, and before that it wasn't really Must See TV, so it's no big deal that CC isn't going to be on it.

I'd rather she joined a show I already love, like T70sS (she so could be Jackie's relative) or TWW, or even better get a show of her own.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:10 AM   #5
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

I find this odd that they would cast Elle again, which I like her so it's cool, but the fact that she hated Joey's friends and they basically made her out to be a major bitch and now she's bring brought in to be his potential love interest? I hope she's not playing a different character cause I hate when they re-use actors but as completely original characters, it's just dumb and cheap and I'm sure with this spin off they are hoping for magic and will do anything money wise to forward it.

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 01:49 AM   #6
argel
beloved cordelia

As much as it would be cool for her to get such high-profile work, I'm actually kinda glad that she will be staying far away from the Friends franchise. The phrase "beating a dead horse" would certainly apply here in reference to a Joey spin-off, and I don't think Charisma would approve of animal cruelty, even post-mortem animal cruelty. Basically, she needs her own show.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 02:20 AM   #7
Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by cordy_n_angel
I find this odd that they would cast Elle again, which I like her so it's cool, but the fact that she hated Joey's friends and they basically made her out to be a major bitch and now she's bring brought in to be his potential love interest? I hope she's not playing a different character cause I hate when they re-use actors but as completely original characters, it's just dumb and cheap and I'm sure with this spin off they are hoping for magic and will do anything money wise to forward it.
I can sorta understand why they want to use that kind of character because Joey will be without his friends next year; so it would be an interesting dynamic for him to deal with someone who hates his friends. I'm just surprise that they are bringing Elle back because her character wasn't really popular with the fans at the time.

You know who they should bring back? Janice, Chandler's annoying ex everyone hates, especially Joey. But then, Janice is the kind of character that is funny in small doses...I can't imagine hearing that laugh week after week.

Anyway, I think CC would be better in a "Sex and the City" type of show because she is such a versatile actress and she'd probably be given more creative freedom.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:55 AM   #8
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kit

Anyway, I think CC would be better in a "Sex and the City" type of show because she is such a versatile actress and she'd probably be given more creative freedom.
Weren't they planning a "Sex And The City" spinoff? About the designer or something who was consistently looking for the right man? I'm sure I wrote in to someone about that cos CC would suit it perfectly, what with having done something as similar and as recent as See Jane Date.

I don't see Elle Mcphereson going down well. Don't get me wrong, I think she's fab but her character on Friends left much to be desired.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 01:23 PM   #9
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriella
Weren't they planning a "Sex And The City" spinoff?
"Trading Up", and it's still in negotiation with ABC. But the main character is a blonde ala Carrie Bradshaw (and Candace Bushnell ), so I guess that's out.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 04:55 PM   #10
SpuffyNCAShippergal
100% Cordylicious!

thanks for the info I'm actually glad that CC wont be on Joey b/c I don't see it lasting for long, Friends is such a major hit with the audiences and to break it up and just show one "Friend" might not go to well. I love Friends but I would rather watch a show centering on Rachel raising Emma as a single mother or something. JMO though

I would much rather see CC land her own show, now that would be awesome....
TEAM CORDY #191
CHARISMA FAN, FIRST, LAST AND ALWAYS!
C/A & S/B FOREVER!
SpuffyNCAShippergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:46 PM   #11
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
"Trading Up", and it's still in negotiation with ABC. But the main character is a blonde ala Carrie Bradshaw (and Candace Bushnell ), so I guess that's out.
Yeah, but the character could change. It wouldn't be the first time that a character's appearance was changed based on the actress whom they ended up casting to play her!

I actually think that CC would play off Matt LeBlanc well, though I'd agree that she'd be better served by a vehicle that would showcase her . But I wouldn't discount "Joey". You never know, with the right people behind the scenes it could be really good. Just look at "Frasier"... people were skeptical that the character of Frasier could carry a whole series, but they took his character and expanded it (not to mention surrounding him with fantastic supporting characters... which is where I have to question Elle McPherson's character as a choice here), and it's turned into a classic TV comedy!

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 04:55 PM   #12
ccangelfan

Re

Elle is not going to be invovled at all. Casting for the spin-off hasn't even started yet. And Elle got a chilly reception when she was on Friends as a guest, and she was written out as a mean character anyways. There isn't a chance she is coming back, it's just spotty rumors. Just like that Posh Spice was supposed to guest-star in a Friends episode last year.

I think CC could be fantastic on Friends or Joey. She's already said she's looking for half-hour work, and normally that means sitcom. Joey would be a HUGE score for her. Sure it could be bad, but it has as much chance of it as any other new project she signs on for. Actually it has less chance because it has so many quality people behind it. It could be a giant hit, and if it were, like Frasier, she could totally score. It would certainly attrach attention at the Emmys if it were any good, and how awesome would it be to see her get nominated for supporting actress, when those damn Mutant Enemy people have always struggled to even get noticed?

I would most definitely support her if she got on Joey. Even if it failed, she would have had TONS of coverage, more than Angel would ever get her.
ccangelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #13
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I would love to see CC play a character somewhat similar to Jane from SJD, somewhat of a comedic performance, but with drama. I wish HBO would pick up a SatC related show and have CC as the lead, I mean it would be a drama/comedy within thirty minutes so it would all work for the best, plus HBO could do wonders for CC's publicity, just look at SJP and other SatC gals, most where unknowns before the show.

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote