Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #31
Helena
Paolo Maldini

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindseys_girl
whoa 591! Congrats
Wait, wait, it is now 600

If you havn´t signed yet, please do!
Charisma's bitch #378,Team Cordy ?

"It was great to have her back," says David, breaking into a rare smile.
"The show started with Cordy and Angel and it´s been hard not having
Charisma on set this season. We missed her presence, her energy."
(Cult Times #105, 2004)
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:44 AM   #32
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

The whole petiononline server was down yesterday, not just ours, so dont worry. All i can say, is if you know someone who hasnt signed it, then get them to sign it!

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:47 AM   #33
Helena
Paolo Maldini

Bump.

When will JW&ME get the Petition??

Have you signed yet?? Please do

(Cult Times #105, 2004)
Old 11-21-2003, 02:15 PM   #34
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

I'm getting ready to send it all off now. If you haven't signed please do. And if you have a parent, sibling or pet that hasnt signed it, get them on it.

PLEASE, give me a very big postage bill when i send it off.

Old 11-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #35
califi

Bert: did you get a reply, re: offensive posts on the petition? There are some really childish people out there, aren't they? They remind me of those thugs that go to football matches JUST to fight and cause trouble.

GoTeam C/A
califi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 01:31 PM   #36
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

No, i never did get a reply... BUT! So it saves my ink, i'm transferring all the signatures into excel, so i can print off more signatures to each page!

I will delete the offensive ones, but i won't change the numbering. So in my covering letter, i will write something like

PS, if you would like to see what type of people agree with you please visit the website and read number whatever and number so-and-so. By thinking Charisma should have been fired, you join the ranks of these offensive bastards.

although, i will probably leave out the swearing...

If anyone has any ideas what to write in the covering letter, drop me a line by the end of next week...

Old 11-22-2003, 01:53 PM   #37
califi

"Some comments have been omitted due to the highly offensive content ." and then adding, as you said: these omissions can be viewed onsite if you wish to verify.

Or something like that, anyhoo. You can't do more than that, and if they DO decide to check it out [in a knee-jerk case of "Don't look over there, but.."], they will see exactly why they were left off the printed petition.

GoTeam C/A
califi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:12 PM   #38
*twofangs*
*i'll never forget*

I just signed ... number 730.

And this is what I wrote:

Charisma Carpenter has been an integral part of both "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" and "Angel."

The character of Cordelia was much maligned in "Angel" season four, please bring the 'real' Cordy back for season five.

Ms. Carpenter has been misused by "Mutant Enemy" and I hope this error will be corrected both quickly and compassionately.

fading back into yesterday before tomorrow comes,

Randi

*i'm never gonna know you now
but i'm gonna love you anyhow*
~ elliott smith (i miss you pitseleh, xo)
*twofangs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 01:02 AM   #39
Helena
Paolo Maldini

734 have signed

When is the final day/date to sign the petition?

(Cult Times #105, 2004)
Old 11-24-2003, 01:33 PM   #40
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Charismas Day - ooops, i mean Christmas day... It just sounded right to me... Besides even if they do take the time to read the letter, i doubt they'll go surfing to see what some pathetic idiots wrote about her...

Old 11-24-2003, 02:17 PM   #41
Jake

Bert, this a great thing you've done and are doing. Thanks.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 10:43 PM   #42
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Thanks, I shall pass this baby along! I signed, 749 Total Signatures, amazing what three people with multiple personalities, can do, right?

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan

Last edited by Bullocks; 11-24-2003 at 10:57 PM.
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 01:00 PM   #43
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Ok, just so you know, i'm sending the petition off tomorrow! Here is a copy of the covering letter i am sending with it.

Special Thanks to the Rolandro for giving me some ideas, epecially the last line before i sign off. And Thanks to everyone who signed it!!!

Dear Mr Whedon,
I am writing to you about a matter that many people in the Angel community feel very strongly about. This issue is one I am sure you are very aware of at the moment with the 100th episode of Angel approaching and her name is Charisma Carpenter.
First of all, I would like to congratulate you on reaching the fifth season of Angel, as I feel that it is one of the best shows on television at the moment, and at times it has been better than it’s sibling, Buffy. But, while I understand there is a reason behind your decision to leave Cordelia in her coma for the beginning part of this year, many ‘Angel’ fans feel confused and betrayed by this decision.
The reason for our confusion is you have gone on record as saying that the storylines for Cordelia had dried up, but I, and many others, feel that this isn’t the case. While I don’t want to suggest any storylines to you – because, as I understand it, you wouldn’t use it in case I sued – this is a young woman who receives visions regarding people in danger and hasn’t been the same since she returned from her stint as one of The Powers That Be and went on a murderous rampage. There’s a lot of guilt and issues to work through, especially now with Angel and the others working at Wolfram & Hart, she could be just the thing to pull them out of this evil law firm.
It was upon hearing various rumours regarding the reasons behind Carpenter’s departure that I decided to create the following petition, on the 17th of October. Now, just over a month into it and with a month to go – it closes on Christmas Day – I have amassed over 700 petitions, not just from Charisma Carpenter fan sites such as www.Charisma-Carpenter.com or www.stranger-things.net but over Angel fan sites and newsgroups as well.
I have decided to send off this petition earlier than I originally intended because of the recent announcement of Charisma’s return to the show for the 100th episode. Rather than ask for her return, which you have already given us, we ask for more episodes, more storylines and a return to regular status for any further seasons. And in return, these 750 fans will return to watching the show they used to love. Because of my current geographical status, I am unable to watch Angel’s fifth season and will not be able to until it comes out on VHS next year, when the entire season has been finished. I will have the benefit of being able to review the entire season before deciding whether to watch, but many of my friends on the online community have stopped watching, not just because of the absence of Cordelia Chase, or the addition of Spike and Harmony, but because they feel the show has lost it’s theme of family.
Cordelia will be able to return this sense to the show and hopefully it will be the better for it. I understand that you’re a very busy man and so I appreciate that you will not be able to read the entire petition, but I would ask you, or someone in your offices to look through it and pay attention to what some of the fans are saying. Many refer to Cordelia being the heart of the show, and this has been proven to many of us over the past few months. After putting the stake through Cordelia, ‘Angel: the series’ is slowly crumbling to dust.
I would like to congratulate you on the wonderful decision to invite Charisma back and can only hope that if it is only for one episode, it is not in flashback form, or dream form and that she doesn’t die at the end of the episode. What would be nice is for her to disown Angel and the gang for working at Wolfram & Hart and set out on her own, giving her the opportunity to come back into the series at any time. I urge you to visit the aforementioned websites to see what people are thinking of the show at the moment, while they are Charisma fans, they do have some very varying views, all want her back, but some do continue to watch the show as they still feel it is good. I also ask you to visit the website of the petition (www.petitiononline.com/ccats85/petition.html) we get new signatures everyday from people all over the world and this is just a small sample of the show’s fans, there are many more who feel the same way, especially with over 3,500 members on the two Charisma Carpenter websites alone.
Earlier, I said that Charisma fans felts a sense of betrayal and this is because during the fourth season, the character of Cordelia went through a lot of unpopular changes as did most of the season, but we held onto hope and we petitioned for the return of Angel in the following year. While I do not know how effective our efforts were in the renewal of Angel, I do know that hundreds, if not thousands of letters, emails and faxes landed at the WB to try and persuade them to renew it. If the current betrayal of Cordelia and the fans continues, when Angel comes up for renewal next year (and the inevitable threat of cancellation looms) don't assume you can count on this particular viewer demographic for help in renewing it.

Yours Sincerely,

Alex James Call, on behalf of the Angel fan community.

Old 12-02-2003, 02:43 PM   #44
CordyFan4Life

Love it Alex!
Old 12-02-2003, 02:55 PM   #45
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Thank you! You are now one of my favourite peeps, i was expecting everybody to say 'you've totally missed the point' or something, but as long as one person likes it, YAY!