Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2003, 10:57 AM   #61
landrews1

Go, Penny!

Laurie

"The powers that be what?" - Angel, City Of

Thanks Psychofilly and Mistress Mab for the only avatars I own!!
landrews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:41 PM   #62
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Okay, I've been really really remiss in keeping this updated, for various reasons, not the least of which is that we have various ways to get this done when we want it -- but here's the angle I have on copy so far:
Quote:
SEE CHARISMA SHINE!

We tuned in to See Jane Date...
there's no way we'd miss Match...
and we can't wait to see what's next.

Congratulations!

"[Charisma Carpenter's] true gift as an actress is that she is so utterly believable on screen ... she has a delightful knack for comic timing." -- Amy (TV Gal) Amatangelo, Zap2It.com
And for the record, our current total at PayPal is

$727.08

You guys help me remind people! And let's set a firm date...maybe October 10, the day of CC's (first?) MM appearance?
Old 10-02-2003, 07:37 PM   #63
Trillian
Too orangey for crows

How's our total coming along Pen? Are we still going for the 10 Oct or later now?
Old 10-02-2003, 08:21 PM   #64
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

We're not going to be able to make October 10, but that might be a good thing. It's probably a good idea to tie the next ad in with some important news; I'm thinking that if we sit tight and just keep preparing for a couple or three weeks, we might have some.

And I still need to get that ding-dang SJD photo in a size usable for a print ad!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:30 PM   #65
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

*bink*

Our latest total:

$872.43

Not bad for the quiet phase. Nearly up to four digits, and I think we'll do quite well going forward if we can tie this to the next major announcement.

(Keeping you posted -- for the future!)
Old 11-01-2003, 03:53 AM   #66
Helena
Paolo Maldini

*bump*

Is it time for a new/the Ad??

Edit post/ Helena.
Charisma's bitch #378,Team Cordy ?

"It was great to have her back," says David, breaking into a rare smile.
"The show started with Cordy and Angel and it´s been hard not having
Charisma on set this season. We missed her presence, her energy."
(Cult Times #105, 2004)
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 01:37 PM   #67
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Current total:

$881.84

Now that CC is confirmed for the 100th episode of AtS, I think we have our target date for completing this ad. Let's get it out there the week before her appearance. I'll make an effort to update this thread every day so we know where we are.

Posse up!
Old 11-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #68
Platypus
The Pointy End

Penny, how much do we need and what is our target date? Do we have copy for the ad? Clearance for the picture we want to use? Is there anything I can do to help?

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 02:03 PM   #69
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
Penny, how much do we need and what is our target date? Do we have copy for the ad? Clearance for the picture we want to use? Is there anything I can do to help?
We're raising about $2,000 by...let's say January 15, for a publication the week before the ep airs (presumably during February sweeps). I'm going to write to NBC about using the Miss Match promo shot. First-draft copy is in the HR ad thread, but I'll tweak that a bit. Spreading the word would be a big help indeed.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:08 PM   #70
Darla
I'm just visiting...

Lovely idea... something that would make me look forward to that episode.

As soon as there's a draft of the actual ad, I could make an entry in AI's new section again to let some Germans know about it. I'm sure Michy (the webmistress) would gladly also put up a note in our newsletter once again...

BTW, she told me to give everyone here a shout out and that the Strangers are doin' a lovely job at supporting Charisma.
Darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 03:31 PM   #71
Jake

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
Current total:

$881.84

Now that CC is confirmed for the 100th episode of AtS, I think we have our target date for completing this ad. Let's get it out there the week before her appearance. I'll make an effort to update this thread every day so we know where we are.

Posse up!
Posted over at CC.com: http://www.charisma-carpenter.com/fo...c=1&PHPSESSID=

ETA: Can someone competent (i.e., not me) post the banner/button for the Campaign over there? And let's port this to other boards as well.

Last edited by Jake; 11-15-2003 at 07:28 PM.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 05:07 PM   #72
askew

Sounds good Penny. Are we planning on using your great idea you had posted previously? Even though the ad is appearing before CC's AtS appearance, it would be nice if we could highlight her other work.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 09:16 AM   #73
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by askew
Sounds good Penny. Are we planning on using your great idea you had posted previously? Even though the ad is appearing before CC's AtS appearance, it would be nice if we could highlight her other work.
I'm planning to use that copy with only minor tweaks/additions. I've composed a note to NBC for permission to use the Miss Match promo photo that appeared in TV Guide (and to ask for a high-res copy).

And is this an opportune time to announce our new total?...

$1,544.87

Whoa. I mean, I knew we had a lot of people visiting last night just for this thread, but...whoa.

More than halfway there!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:25 AM   #74
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Count me in, I'll have something donated before the end of the day.

Thanks to everyone who has worked on this project. If nothing else, I hope it gives support lets her know people have her back.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:27 AM   #75
Jake

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
. . . our new total?...

$1,544.87

Whoa. I mean, I knew we had a lot of people visiting last night just for this thread, but...whoa. More than halfway there!
Fantastic. Let's keep spreading the word. Maybe we'll take over the whole issue.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote