Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
eric_rhapsody04

New role for CC ??

Happy April Fools' Day, Aware One. As a regular reader of Your Friendly Neighborhood TV Critic, you can't fall prey to something sneaky creeping on you, can you? No, you were born alert and have been growing more savvy ever since.

So I dare you, right out, to play a fair and square game of Pilot Error.

That's right, as loyal readers well know, April 1 falls in the midst of what's called "pilot season" in the TV industry, when the major networks are developing new shows for their fall prime-time schedules, to be released in about six weeks. Which makes today's holiday suitable for my purposes as I take 10 ideas for new shows and mix them with 10 of my own devising and challenge you to tell the difference.

Now, the 100 days' war that was the Hollywood writers' strike has shortened and altered pilot season this year. The networks haven't had time to develop as many of the usual loony, loopy ideas they tend to come up with. In fact, they've gone straight ahead and committed to many shows without even shooting a pilot episode. No doubt you'll have already read about some of the shows I'm about to describe.

But that's all right. I'll spot you that advantage this year. Because, as ever, Your Friendly Neighborhood TV Critic believes he can come up with better shows than your average TV executive.

So I double dog dare ya: Separate the real shows from the fakes in the 20 below. The answers are at the end. But use a pen or pencil. I know all about that trick of peeking at the next answer while checking, and like I said I want this to be on the up and up. So let the game begin.

5) "Madame X": Charisma Carpenter heads a Manhattan call-girl ring trying to stay one step ahead of investigators Bill Nun and Dominic West, who has a soft spot for hookers himself, in a new drama for ABC.

Source : http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=163405

eric_rhapsody04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:46 AM   #2
Bryan

This is an April Fools joke of course - but the idea of Dominic West and Charisma
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Yeah, the CC show is an April Fool's joke. Meanwhile, people actually keep giving Jenna Elfman work. Aieegh.