Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2004, 05:25 PM   #16
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

I decided to just order it online. YAY! It'll arrive Monday, i'm so excited.

But since Amazon didnt have a picture for the book, i Googled it (*drone voice* Google it your friend *drone voice* *droll*) and went to a KT sight and saw the cover, is the red one the newer one? If so, it's sort of bland....Maybe it's just me, who cares.

I've got the book and am thoroughly excited to see some educated, mature opinions not only on CC/Charisma, but on Season Four.
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:40 PM   #17
Emmangel
Administrator

Yeah, red is the new one.

Maybe cos it's unofficial they were ristricted on image useage? Dunno.

Cool book though.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:03 PM   #18
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i just got it today, i ordered it from my used bookstore. i'll put up some quotes later.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:22 PM   #19
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

ok here's a quote from Keith Topping,for his "orpheus" critique
"is it just this author's opinion, or does it seem like Charisma is on autopilot throughout this episode and indeed several others during this period? nevertheless, despite being for so long the best single reason to watch angel, her character's presence in the series now seems to be an awkward compromise, clashing madly with other storylines. (having Cordy hardly appear at all in the season's first three episodes, and in a coma during it's last five, suggests two lots of hasty rewriting to fit in with various real-world events like Charisma's pregnancy)it's a real shame that the actress whom, for many, defines why this show is so good, should have been sidelined to such an extent."
for "billy"
"this is very much CordeliaS episode, a beautiful parable about male aggression and the terrors of being trapped in a cycle of abuse. charisma gets most of the best scenes, particularly her confrontations first with lilah and then with billy, in the latter, she gets to taser him in the gonads. you go, girl. her reply when fred asks her how she can contemplate facing billy alone "how can i not"is the episode's message in a nutshell"

for "birthday"
heading: The Charisma Show: "yes, it literally is. and it's about time everybody realised it"
for "double or nothing"
"thank goodness Charisma"s back. cordelia is now blonde(though no one seems to have noticed) her scenes with angel, discussing loss and recovery, are some of the best of the season"
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote