Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #31
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Loathe as I am to admit it, I love The Apprentice - don't like Trump particularly but the show is always entertaining and I'd LOVE to see CC in a celeb version. My only fear is that she's a wonderful person offscreen and only fantastic at playing a bitch in onscreen roles so I hope they just let her be herself instead of suggesting she play the 'diva' of the group because of her acting ability and what not.

Other than that, I'm all for it! Thanks for the news!

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #32
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
My only fear is that she's a wonderful person offscreen and only fantastic at playing a bitch in onscreen roles so I hope they just let her be herself instead of suggesting she play the 'diva' of the group because of her acting ability and what not.

Other than that, I'm all for it! Thanks for the news!
That was my exact thought (and fear) when I read this part of the article:

"Charisma is ready to make like Alexis Carrington and bring out the claws if need be," an insider tells me. "It should be very interesting."

It sounds like that's exactly what they have planned and, while it could make for a fun show, the idiots in this fandom won't be able to distinguish between the act and the real person. As always. *sigh*
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #33
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
It sounds like that's exactly what they have planned and, while it could make for a fun show, the idiots in this fandom won't be able to distinguish between the act and the real person. As always. *sigh*
Well, I'll mention only that if CC ends up doing this show, she's looking at a potential fandom that will leave in very deep shade the 4.5 million that seem to be the maximum audience for any Whedon project, anywhere. I'm just sayin'. NBC is the serious big time, baby. It may be time to think in terms of a much bigger pond.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #34
tojoson

Although I know it would be an act, I would love to see,

Charisma give Omarosa a 'Glare' like she gave Lyle Gorch in BTVS 'Homecoming',
and/or
Have Paris make a stupid suggestion and get the (I can't just... torture her. ) face from 'You're Welcome'
and/or
(And this would make my heart go pitty-pat), She gives 'The Donald' a Pffft.

This would make her a hero to millions
Old 09-16-2007, 05:53 AM   #35
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Well, I'll mention only that if CC ends up doing this show, she's looking at a potential fandom that will leave in very deep shade the 4.5 million that seem to be the maximum audience for any Whedon project, anywhere. I'm just sayin'. NBC is the serious big time, baby. It may be time to think in terms of a much bigger pond.
Are you saying we're gonna have to expand? Recruit an eighth person? Restock the bar?

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:28 AM   #36
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Are you saying we're gonna have to expand? Recruit an eighth person? Restock the bar?
Dude, it's always time to restock the bar. There may be only 15 of us, but we all have hollow legs.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #37
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

My first reaction was to cringe, cause celebrities and reality tv don't match. At least from the ones I've seen. AND most importantly I cannot stand Trump.

Still, I'm gonna tune in to support CC. I shouldn't be that worried. After all, she is a wonderful person and that charecterisitc is sure to be seen. Plus, I haven't seen her on tv in a while I need my CC fix.

And look at her starmeter climb.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:54 AM   #38
Bryan

Lucy Lawless did that singing show (Singing with the stars??), and Charisma is in much the same position - i.e. mostly famous for a now defunct "genre" show. It certainly did not seem to do LL any harm so I'm happy. Charisma also appears to be in the happy position of being popular with most of the TV reviewers.

I wonder whether we in the U.K will get to see it?
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #39
HPAngelFan
Pretty girl

So, I'm thinking this show is like an American celeb version of the show we have over here called The Apprentice with Sir Alan Sugar and his famous "You're fired!" line at the helm. It's basically all about ordinary folks competing in enterprising tasks to win a lucrative employment position in Sugar's massive empire. This show is like that but with celebs, yes? Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Now normally I find celebrity versions of reality shows even more putrid that the original show which spawned them (Celeb Big Brother 5 UK anyone? Way to advertise Britain to the world and make us all look like bigoted, racist morons!) but this one sounds rather more passable (a) because it's for charity and (b) because Charisma will be on it. I think she could do very well and it may just be the exposure she needs.

my livejournal
HPAngelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #40
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Sort of, we have the same show over here with Donald Trump, right down to the "Your Fired" line. So, this is a Celeb version of that show.

Now, I wonder which came first the Brit or US version?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:40 AM   #41
Emmangel
Administrator

The US. It started in 2004, with the UK following in 2005.

I haven't watched must but personally I think I prefer the US version. Alan Sugar really, really annoys me.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #42
Platypus
The Pointy End

My first thought - "Oh no."

My second thought - "Well, of course I'll watch. Haven't seen the show since the second season, but I'll watch for as long as CC is on."

My third thought - "Oh no."

With that out of the way, I'm going to hope for the best. Best case scenario is that she makes it far (final 4 or so), and the suits at NBC are so impressed with her winning personality that they decide to put her in a high profile pilot in the Spring, thereby ensuring she's acting on our television screens in the Fall of '08.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #43
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i'm no fan of "reality tv", actually never wathed them but i'm already watching DWTS for jennie garth so i will be watching "the donald" for CC, heck i watched "charmed"
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote