Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
tojoson

interesting blog

I never thought in these terms, but it makes sense

http://seraphcelene.livejournal.com/122574.html

nice analysis
Old 04-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

I think most of us had realised that the Buffy characters seemed wholly adolescent when compared to the Angel characters, but it was a thoughtfully written piece and it raised some points that I'd never considered or noticed before.

Especially the whole family vs lineage point. Buffy always seemed to be fighting for the present, whereas Angel always seemed to be fighting for the future, this is especially evident in the first two seasons when there was no season long arc for the Big Bad. (In fact the only character that could be seen as a Big Bad through the eyes of BtVS was Holtz, and even he had... layers.)

One person neglected from the whole mother-figures-doomed-in-Jossverse was Jenny Calendar. Even before, Joyce, Jenny was the obvious candidate for mother figure to the Scoobies. Joyce didn't really step up to the role in my eyes until Season 3.

Overall, it was nice to read some fresh analysis of the two series. After all this time, it's hard to find an insightful, meaningful observation that hasn't been spouted out by fifteen hundred other fans before.

A nice read.

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
Dusted
just... smile

I disagree that Holtz was the first big bad. Looking back, Darla framed many of the storylines for Angel and although she wasn't really a threat as a human, her intention was to mess with Angel's head (which worked) and ultimately Darla caused the demise of Angel Investigations and his relationships with his friends.
Season One was definately about setting up relationships and characters so the blogger has a valid point there because even in the first season of Buffy, the threat of the Master was apparent in episodes throughout.
Going back to Angel, the ultimate Angel vs. Scary was Wolfram and hart. A lot of the storylines came from them and Lindsay was a big feature...even returning in season 5...and then Angel went to work for them...fool!
Thanks for posting the link.
i do try not to abbreviate- honest
Dusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:57 AM   #4
Luna
The heart never dies

IŽd say when Wolfram & Hart was the Big Bad, Angel didnŽt fight it anymore in season 5 but he worked for it. So the whole sense of the mission was gone.