Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Dexter

Anyone checking this out? Cordy's Bitch mentioned it, so I sought it out and they had a sneak peek on the web. It officially starts tomorrow, so I won't mention any specifics, but I liked it. The premise was intriguing and Michael C. Hall was great, as was Julie Benz (I am putting this in the Class Reunion because of her, so sorry mods if I misplaced this thread and needs moving). I even plan on having my mom record it and send it to the UK.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantinera
Anyone checking this out?
I'm TOTALLY all over this - it premieres Monday here in Canada. I adore Michael C. Hall and I think he's a fabulous actor, so I'm really looking forward to seeing him in this kind of conflicted role. And I do like Julie Benz - I always kind of liked Darla, in a strange way.

So yeah, this is the show I'm most excited for this year. And it's getting excellent reviews, so that makes me happy.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
tojoson

I just saw about an 8 minute promo for it on shiowtime, it looks very interesting.

I'll be watching
Old 10-01-2006, 07:30 AM   #4
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
I'm TOTALLY all over this - it premieres Monday here in Canada. I adore Michael C. Hall and I think he's a fabulous actor, so I'm really looking forward to seeing him in this kind of conflicted role. And I do like Julie Benz - I always kind of liked Darla, in a strange way.

So yeah, this is the show I'm most excited for this year. And it's getting excellent reviews, so that makes me happy.
I really enjoyed the pilot and look forward to where the show ends up. I will wait till those who just didn't watch the website sneak peek to discuss it (mainly since I will be talking to myself about it which is no fun). I hope people do get into it since I hate getting attached to shows bound to be cancelled!

Oh, I liked Darla as well. There were a few of us on this site.

(On a side note I've seen a few shows do official pre-air releases on the website -- it's marketing I like!)

Old 10-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #5
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I wanted to watch, just have to find out when it's on. It looks really good and I like the lead actor.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:05 AM   #6
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

So did anyone catch this yet? I'm pretty sure it aired in the US and Canada now.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Just watched the first two eps at www.sho.com . Pretty interesting so far. Very refreshing to see Julie Benz as something other than a man-eating whore.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:31 AM   #8
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Second ep as well? My mother is recording it for me, but patience was never a virture of mine...

Old 10-19-2006, 07:29 AM   #9
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Okay, replying after myself, but hey.

My DVD of Dexter arrived and I'm really enjoying it. I'm engrossed in the mysteries and already liking the characters. I really like Dexter. It's really interesting that you have a certain empathy for him, yet the character openly admits to not being able to feel any empathy. I like that he represents revenge and vigilante justice, yet these aren't his motivations for what he does. He's a serial killer who's motive happens to be in the form of vigilante work and is a cop. I know that it's debatable, but so far that's what I am getting from Dexter. And I still like him. Not just him though, I really like Julie Benz as the girlfriend and his sister.

I'm only on the second episode so I don't know where it goes, but I wonder just how much his foster father has guided him. Did he draw out Dexter's bloodlust or did he just guide it?

My flatmate believes the other serial killer taunting Dexter is blood relation. It's a hunch she has because of Dexter's lack of memories about what happened before he was taken in my his foster family.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #10
Christine

I also watched the first two episodes on showtime, and now I'm hooked. I really liked Six Feet Under, and am really impressed with M.C. H. in this part. Julie Benz is also doing a great job. She must have a good agent because she gets some really good rolls. My problem now is I can't see anymore episodes because I don't have Show Time, I already have HBO. Oh, well I guess I'll have to wait for DVD.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #11
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Showtime has renewed Dexter.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:47 PM   #12
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Okay, just so I can gauge where I am on the Clue scale, when did everyone else figure out the doctor was the ice truck killer? For me, it was when he told Dex's sister he'd studied the human form as an artist.

This is shaping up nicely, I think.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #13
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Okay, just so I can gauge where I am on the Clue scale, when did everyone else figure out the doctor was the ice truck killer? For me, it was when he told Dex's sister he'd studied the human form as an artist.

This is shaping up nicely, I think.
I did a catch-up while visiting my parents, so I watched a bunch of episodes in a row. I can't pinpoint exactly when I figured it out, but it was, at the latest, some point in the episode before it was revealed. Maybe even one before that. He just gave me the creeps.

I absolutely adore this show. I just love the way Michael C. Hall portrays Dexter and his relationships, lack of humanity, his need to kill and how he acts according to the Code of Harry.

I leave to go back to England on Saturday, so I won't get this Sunday's episode, but with the preview I will have to try so hard to NOT read spoilers until my parents can ship me the DVDR.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #14
Platypus
The Pointy End

I've fallen way behind on this show because it airs opposite "Heroes" in Canada (Monday nights at 9 pm). I do have all the episodes available to me "On Demand", and keep meaning to do a catch-up marathon. Hopefully next weekend, so that I can get back on track before the finale. I do know that it's already been renewed by Showtime for a second season, and is getting really good buzz.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:34 AM   #15
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Excellent finale and a nice set up for the next season. Looking forward to it.