Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2004, 08:42 PM   #286
Angelia

Quote:
Originally posted by Dannyblue
I can't believe they skipped "Billy". What? Why?
I was half way through watching 'Offspring' when I realized this. I was pretty sure they had aired 'Fredless' the day before and thought maybe I'd missed a day without realizing it. Then for a few seconds I was trying to remember if 'Billy' came before or after 'Offspring' but then I remembered it happened before Darla showed up preggers.

Maybe they didn't show it because they thought it was too violent. I know they showed it the last time they went through S3 so it doesn't really make sense that they wouldn't show it this time. Maybe they got complaints or something. I'm hoping it was a mistake and they'll show it next time around.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #287
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

When you think about it, a show considered too violent to be shown before 9 pm on the WB (and would probably be shown at 10 pm on another network) is now showing at 5 in the afternoon. For whatever reason, that always strikes me as kind of funny. I mean, remember the uproar from some parents when season 6 of Buffy was airing at 8, which some considered too early for all that sex and violence.

I thought "Billy" was brilliant, but I know people who were highly offended by the things he and Wesley said. Which was kind of the point. It was supposed to be disturbing, especially when you consider some men really think that way.

Oh, well. Let's hope they skipped it by mistake. (Although, since it was also skipped in the TV listings, that probably isn't likely.)
Old 03-31-2004, 04:06 PM   #288
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue
I thought "Billy" was brilliant, but I know people who were highly offended by the things he and Wesley said. Which was kind of the point. It was supposed to be disturbing, especially when you consider some men really think that way.
Agreed. "Billy" is one of my favorite episodes. It goes to dark places, but maintains a levity; as a viewer you get pushed and pulled every scene. So many people are given a chance to shine - Cordy, Lilah, Fred, Wesley...

Ugh. It's amazing.
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #289
ImNotACryBuffy

"Billy" is freaking amazing. I'm surprised of all the episodes they would skip that one. Hopefully, the next viewing it will be there.
ImNotACryBuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:04 PM   #290
tojoson

tnt starts running season 4, daily, next monday the 12th

that may be why they skipped billy, to make the new season start on a monday (of course, that was a bad epidose to skip)
Old 04-06-2004, 08:18 PM   #291
rousedower
cancelled

How dare they skip "Billy" for crappy S4. Although I like "Deep Down" and "Slouching..." and "Spin the Bottle" a little, but that's about it.

Ugh. S4 makes me physically ill. I can't believe that it turned out to be the beginning of the end for the series. Sorry, but I can't stress enough how much I hated it and how disappointed I am in it.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:27 PM   #292
LaLa247
Wooo!

What happened with "Billy", exactly? Was there a sports game on or something?

Maybe they re-aired it later on that day/night?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:13 PM   #293
tojoson

no they just jumped right over it.

the day that 'billy' shoulld have aired, they had 'offspring'' and then just continued on wuth the rest of the season
Old 04-09-2004, 04:33 PM   #294
QueenC
All.About.Her...

OK... I can't help it... I really enjoy "tomorrow". But at the same time, it's making me angry all over again to watch the great C/A chemistry and the potential that was ultimately wasted.

But... my question is this. Since I don't really want to rewatch any of season 4 just to find the answer (and I can't remember!)..... how does Connor find out that Angel didn't kill Holtz. I'm sure we found out in Season 4, but since I haven't rewatched any of season 4 since it originally aired, I'm a little fuzzy. Any help?

Thanks!

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:12 PM   #295
DamnSkippy

From what I remember, Lori, Angel tells him that Justine did it and why and the look in Connor's eyes says he finally believes him. That's all there was. He never, as far as I know, confronted Justine about it.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:19 PM   #296
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Thanks!

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:00 PM   #297
tojoson

to those who are not watching because it's season 4, and for those who are--a reminder

spin the bottle is on this monday
Old 04-19-2004, 04:48 PM   #298
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

RE: Spin the Bottle

Okay. The bottle smashing thing. I've completely forgotten the consensus on that one. She smashed it because : a) She thought it was going crazy, and she was trying to save everyone b) She was Jasmine, and that spell could have had serious raminfications if it had worked c) The spell allowed Jasmine to be awakened, and then she slammed it for...some...reason

What was the deal?
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #299
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samluvsharrison
RE: Spin the Bottle

What was the deal?
My take on it, and it doesn't fit with your theory that you have maintained is that Cordy broke the bottle, because in that moment she (Cordy not Jasmine)remembered what was happening and knew that if the spell was completed, Jasmine would awaken. She smashed the bottle but it was too late.

However knowing that Cordy was *supposed to be* the evil one, when the season started, I think at the time of the episode she had been using the amnesia as a cover and if that storyline had been kept, we'd realize the spell was never supposed to "work" but it did in an unexpected way, so she smashed it because she realized it was disorienting her, and she needed to be in control lest she slip something she shouldn't.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:39 PM   #300
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
My take on it, and it doesn't fit with your theory that you have maintained is that Cordy broke the bottle, because in that moment she (Cordy not Jasmine)remembered what was happening and knew that if the spell was completed, Jasmine would awaken. She smashed the bottle but it was too late.
And it also fits in with the way she yelled "NO!" right before the smash.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote