Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > General
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #46
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Excellent post. Makes me want to go buy something from the CafePress shop since we are so awesome.

Penny, others, is that shop still open?
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #47
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone View Post
Excellent post. Makes me want to go buy something from the CafePress shop since we are so awesome.

Yes indeed - although I have yet to upload the design for the black shirt. ::fail::

It's linked from the masthead and from right here.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:18 AM   #48
argel
beloved cordelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
Just for the record, I think I've figured out who the actress was as well. Not to get nitpick-y, but she was the one who pointed me at ST from ASSB as well.
Okay, now I know who the Actress is. She also guided me here from ASSB.

And I too remember when the board was green, and Aya was in charge, and Cordy's Bitch was Love's Bitch, and restraining myself from reading the wildfeed...

Who else remembers Peaches, Argent, and Elektra?

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #49
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone View Post

aww thankcies. *gushes* praise from an original ST member. My life's goal is complete.

I can see a few things here and there that I'd love to buy from the store.

ETA: for better rephrasing. I distinctly remember seing the site when it was pink, but I was not around when it was green.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel

Last edited by Shadow4Corangela; 09-02-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #50
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

I don't think I posted my board member history on the thread, so here goes.

In the fall of 1999, I wanted to watch Angel. I even had WB network. I'd never seen Buffy but I still wanted to see Angel anyway. And I missed the entire first season because I'd forgotten and because that TV season Sci-Fi network was showing Xena marathons on Tuesday nights. As a big Xena fan, I was taping all the episodes so I could have them. So... I managed to miss all of the first season in first run.

It wasn't until summer reruns that I managed to catch the episodes, and my hunch that I'd like the show were proven right. I went to find boards to post on and people of like mind, and I came to ST. That was when it was Aya's board, and I forget what server it was on... but it was a proboards type thing. I was in place for sure by season 2.

I was there for the great board migration, and yes, I remember the green board. On the interim board between this one now and the board Aya had, I managed to get a high number of posts. And they're all gone now. I think that it's rather funny that for being one of the "old" members, I sure haven't posted much. I don't think I give the impression of having been here the whole time, even if I was.

I never used other show boards, so I don't know how others act. I believe fellow members' stories about how close-minded others have been to C/A and the character of Cordelia. Not having had the Buffy history, I only know that when I saw "To Shanshu in LA", Charisma's acting of Cordelia's suffering just blew the doors off. There's absolutely no one who can tell me that Cordelia wasn't a good character or that Charisma didn't have masterful acting chops.

Anyhow... something else I want to say about Stranger Things is that I love the ethic of this board, so much so that to me it's just how "things are done." Since becoming a Stranger (9 years ago, people!), I've been involved with other fandoms, and there's always bickering and backbiting. It's not nice, but it is very human. One of the best things is how whatever mess goes on somewhere else stays somewhere else. Don't bring your drama to ST.

When I find in other fandoms people who love dragging their drama and wank across different boards, there is first a hint of surprise and then the realization that those people are definitely not Strangers.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote