Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2008, 08:29 AM   #31
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Oh cool, glad I'm not alone in picking up the Sophie/Nate vibe.

On the whole I'm enjoying this show, it's already been added to the DVR list so I don't miss an episode. However, I wasn't too thrilled with the CK/horse farm episode. The background information is always nice to get but I actually wish they waited until I knew the character better before they sprung the ex-girlfriend on us.

BTW - I loved seeing Romo Lampkin (Jim Sterling) on this show.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #32
Impress

Location: Uh not sure. But if you happen to find me would you please let me know.
I find my self liking this show more and more with each ep. CK is good to see. I like the Sophie/Nate vibes and the Parker/Hardison ones as well.

And can I just say its nice to see a computer genius of color?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #33
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Anyone else get Eliot/Sophie vibes? I finally watched the pilot episode on TNT on Demand and there were two scenes where Eliot/Sophie kind of sparked.

1 - They're sitting on the couch talking about some place in Vietnam and Sophie identifies where it is. Then there's a look between them like they're re-evaluating each other.

2 - Towards the end, Sophie comments that there's something wrong with Parker and Eliot kind of sidles up to Sophie, saying "that's what I said".

I’m just wondering if they’re angling for a bit of a triangle between Eliot/Sophie/Nate? I hope not b/c I hate triangles but it could be interesting and build up some tension. It’s obvious that there’s some history and attraction between Nate/Sophie so to have Eliot come between them might prove interesting (in the short run).

Impress - I agree, I fall more in love with this show every episode.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #34
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
1 - They're sitting on the couch talking about some place in Vietnam and Sophie identifies where it is. Then there's a look between them like they're re-evaluating each other.

2 - Towards the end, Sophie comments that there's something wrong with Parker and Eliot kind of sidles up to Sophie, saying "that's what I said".
Which ep was this, Morrigan? The pilot? I need to rewatch b/c I missed that. I love their chemistry, especially in the Kentucky horse ep, when they're walking together through the arena stands. She's lecturing him about getting emotionally involved with someone from the past and he says, "You and Nate don't get to serve me that meal, Sophie." She goes, "Ouch." LOL The look on her face was wonderful. And I love how he isn't afraid to push her back.

I also get tickled at the way he reacts to Parker. My favorite line so far is from him during the pilot: That's 20 pounds of crazy in a 5-pound bag.

It's my new phrase of the day, along with "long pig" from Supes, which I'm finally catching up on. LOL
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #35
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
Which ep was this, Morrigan? The pilot? I need to rewatch b/c I missed that.
Yeah it was in the pilot. Now I have to go watch the horse episode to see the stable scene, LOL

Quote:
I also get tickled at the way he reacts to Parker. My favorite line so far is from him during the pilot: That's 20 pounds of crazy in a 5-pound bag.
That cracked me up, there's some great lines in this show but that is my favorite so far and it totally fits.

Quote:
It's my new phrase of the day, along with "long pig" from Supes, which I'm finally catching up on. LOL
OMG, "long pig"! The best part of that episode, is the sheer joy Dean took in working that phase into every conversation.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #36
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
OMG, "long pig"! The best part of that episode, is the sheer joy Dean took in working that phase into every conversation.
Yes! I still haven't seen the ep where he *got* back -- I was moving to the new house and didn't have my DVR hooked up when it aired. Gotta go download that and watch. ANYWAY, that boy didn't come back right. It's like his edges are sharper and he does everything a little more intensely than before, including saying "long pig" every chance he got.

I also watched the B&W ep where he decided his trip to hell had caused him to be re-hymenized. OMG. I thought I was gonna bust a gut.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #37
stormy
Hopeless Romantic

I was so shocked last night when Sophie broke their cover!! But I loved that Parker and Hardison handled it and lol at the FBI agents thinking they had caught the meth dealers!!

So many things to love about this show...

www.denimday.com
stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #38
ophelia

This show makes me laugh more than any sitcom I've seen in awhile. Favorite line from this week? "You- stay here...we need to talk about Hall and Oates."
Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #39
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophelia View Post
This show makes me laugh more than any sitcom I've seen in awhile. Favorite line from this week? "You- stay here...we need to talk about Hall and Oates."
That was hilarious! Hardison is such an awesome BS'er. I can't believe he made them order all those pizzas.

This is definitely a show to kick back and enjoy -- a nice respite from the shows that demand serious viewing.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #40
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
That was hilarious! Hardison is such an awesome BS'er. I can't believe he made them order all those pizzas.
LOL, my personal favorites (other than the fit he threw about "the book") was the Hall and Oats comments and the 10 pizzas "1 cheese, i ham and pinapple, 1 meat lovers...who's writing this down"
Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #41
ophelia

Didn't enjoy this week as much as previous eps. I don't get why Parker was suddenly stupid on how to be "undercover" at the beginning when she was little Miss FBI last week.

I do enjoy me some Hardison/Parker vibeyness, though.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #42
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophelia View Post
Didn't enjoy this week as much as previous eps. I don't get why Parker was suddenly stupid on how to be "undercover" at the beginning when she was little Miss FBI last week.

I do enjoy me some Hardison/Parker vibeyness, though.
Well, someone at TWOP pointed out that the episodes are being aired out of order, "The Bank Job" was 1.8, "The Stork Job" could in fact be an earlier episode.

Another thought is that this one hit closer to home for Parker, we learned from the flashback in the pilot episode and her comments in this one that she was an orphan, and didn't seem to have had the most stable and loving of foster parents.

Or it could have just been an attempt by the writers to paint Parker as bat!shit crazy as opposed to quirky. They do seem to go back and forth on that one. In the pilot episode she seemed nuts and very dangerous; in "The Miracle Job" she was more quirky and childish.

I do agree though, I liked last week's episode better but the shipper in me really enjoyed the Nate/Sophie scenes and of course Hardison was great as usual.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #43
ophelia

Quote:
Well, someone at TWOP pointed out that the episodes are being aired out of order, "The Bank Job" was 1.8, "The Stork Job" could in fact be an earlier episode.

Ah. Well, that would make a little more sense. Why on earth are they airing them out of order?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #44
starlet2367
glitterati

Did you guys see the trailer for the next ep? Oy. Talk about your Nate/Sophie. Nate should know by now not to ask a question unless he *really* wants the answer.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #45
ophelia

Line of the week:

"I'm the coffee, you're the cream."