Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #121
Bertha Blue

Okay, I just really loved last night's episode. It was way too freaking cute, without it falling into cheesy (as alot of 'Christmas' themed episdoes on television are nowadays), even if the 'kiss' was a bit of a cheat (although, completely hilarious, the DA wanting them to kiss because she was feeling peekish was hysterical). I would love to know where they found the kid that plays Booth's son, because that kid is a complete natural as his interaction with DB. But by far my favourite part of the show is how respectful all the relationships are on this show, especially between Booth and Bones. Yes, they tease each other and spare with one another, but you can always sense that they respect each other so much. This show never fails to entertain me.

And, as a completely selfish note, even though DB is starting to look his age (just a bit mind you), he looks SO good in any outfit that they put him in.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #122
DamnSkippy

I have to disagree, BB, because I thought the episode was Cheese Central as far as Christmas eps go. I enjoyed it because it made me laugh a lot, but the whole thing, from beginning Santa to end Santa, was one big round of Brie.

Of course, I guess it depends on how you define cheese, but this episode fit mine precisely. Silly costumes? Check. Christmas miracles? Check. Children separated from parents reunited at the last possible moment? Check. Mistletoe kissing for couple not normally a couple and not normally kissing? Check. The Scrooge of the group becoming soft and actually opening up and becoming overcome with the holiday spirit (maybe a stretch in Brennan's case, but she fits it to a degree)? Check.

It was a fanfic Christmas on Bones and while that's not bad, I don't think it makes for an all-time, quality TV moment as some fans are touting it. It was entertaining and that's good enough for me for a holiday ep.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #123
tojoson

I LIKE cheesy, feel-good shows at this time of year.

I liked that Bones decided to give up, or postpone her trip to attend the gathering.

I liked that Booth found a way to give them a tree.

I liked the lawyer forcing them to kiss, in the hopes that they'll realize what we already know--ie they belong together.

But what I really liked was after that semi-forced kiss, Booth wound up with the gum in HIS mouth
Old 11-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #124
rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
But what I really liked was after that semi-forced kiss, Booth wound up with the gum in HIS mouth
Yup, that one had me smiling.

My favorite? That the kiss had to last at least "Five Steamboats."
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #125
starlet2367
glitterati

I gotta say, lighting the tree off the car battery? Booth rocks.

I'm still giggling over the gum. And no matter how many times I've seen it, "I'm all ears" makes me hee haw.

Yeah, it was cheesy, but it executed some classic moments pitch perfectly, I thought. Well played, Bones, well played.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #126
tojoson

A PG-13 rated version of the kiss is

here
Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #127
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha Blue View Post
And, as a completely selfish note, even though DB is starting to look his age (just a bit mind you), he looks SO good in any outfit that they put him in.

Careful Bertha!! DB only recently started admitting his age!! Don't scare the poor man back into fibbing.....lol

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #128
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFireHorse View Post
Careful Bertha!! DB only recently started admitting his age!! Don't scare the poor man back into fibbing.....lol
LFH! Where the heck have you been?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #129
ryanelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFireHorse View Post
How old is he?
ryanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #130
rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanelli View Post
How old is he?
39 in May.
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #131
tootyfnfruity

u know i have tried to like bones but i just don't. i mean i am not gonna lie and say i don't watch to look at db but i just do not like ed's character. And my son hates when i try to watch it (he thinks angel is better and a lot of that is because he has a little crush on cc, he even told be he thought bones would be better if she were on it)

tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #132
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootyfnfruity View Post
u know i have tried to like bones but i just don't. i mean i am not gonna lie and say i don't watch to look at db but i just do not like ed's character. And my son hates when i try to watch it (he thinks angel is better and a lot of that is because he has a little crush on cc, he even told be he thought bones would be better if she were on it)
Awwww. Yeah, I, mostly, watch Bones for David. Although, this third season is not sitting well with me. I won't go into details. I'm just too tired to even talk about season 3, anymore. It's lost it's dynamic. I'm utterly bored with the show, now. I don't even think David is incentive enough, anymore. We'll see, when the last 3 new eps return. Maybe, they'll suprise me.

If you want to get into 'Bones', I recommend you watch seasons 1 and 2. Those were good seasons. It had the right mix of comedy, drama, and science. I know what you mean by Brennan. I still don't really like her. I've been re-watching season 1, and I'm slowly warming up to her. But, I don't like her this season, at all. I know people change, but damn. I rather see old Brennan.

As for DB looking his age, yeah I see it, a little, but come on, he's still gorgeous, as we all know ! He looks damn good for his age. *dreamy sighs*

(sorry, my grammatical errors are all over the place. I'm sure commas are places they aren't supposed to be, etc. lol I have a huge migraine )

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community

Last edited by nikkiwawa; 12-06-2007 at 10:42 PM. Reason: add
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:15 AM   #133
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Bones is in S3 already? Wow, that was fast.

Last edited by Morrigan; 12-07-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #134
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Bones is in S3 already? Wow, that was fast.

No, you're just a lot slower.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #135
tojoson

Sigh, no NEW Bones till late February.

here

Last edited by tojoson; 12-13-2007 at 10:00 AM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote