Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2007, 12:11 PM   #136
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
Sigh, no NEW Bones till late February.

here
The doesn't make much sense to miss practically all of Feb. sweeps unless they've got reality programming planned for that slot in February. It can't be because they're retooling New Amsterdam and hence holding it back since no rewrites can happen with the strike. *is flummoxed*
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #137
tojoson

Since when have the network programmers shown ANY sense

The futon Critic lists an episode on Bones Friday at 8:00 every week till Feb 22, so no reality shows in that time slot. Of course that's their schedule NOW, who knows what will happen

here
Old 12-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #138
Bertha Blue

You know it must be incredibly frustrating for a show to continue to get the shaft whenever the network feels like it, whether it be because AI is on, or some new show that will probably last all of week needs to be debuted or to be always changing the time slots. For a show that proves it can decent ratings despite all this, the network should be giving them a lot more respect. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon (if at all). I don't want to see ANOTHER show about an immortal, it is bad enough that there is one bad one on the air already. Besides, IJMHO, the best show to do that is no longer on the air.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #139
tojoson

from The Futon Critic

Quote:

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- "Bones" fans will finally see new episodes of the series... in April.

FOX has issued an addendum to yesterday's midseason schedule announcement (read the story) which puts new episodes of "Bones" on Mondays at 8:00/7:00c starting April 28.

The four week run, featuring the remaining completed episodes of the series, will serve as a lead in to newcomer "Canterbury's Law" at 9:00/8:00c on said dates - April 28, May 5, May 12 and May 19.

Until then, repeats of "Bones" will fill the 8:00/7:00c hour on Friday nights beginning tomorrow (with a shift to 9:00/8:00c starting March 14).
Old 01-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #140
starlet2367
glitterati

Here's Ausiello's take on it. Hey, at least it's moving to Monday and not Friday! That's good news.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #141
ophelia

Yay for Mondays. Boo for May!
Old 01-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #142
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

At least the move makes sense, trying to get sweeps ratings from a known show. I guess at this point the season is dead? No changes on the strike front?
Old 01-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #143
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
No changes on the strike front?
As I understand it, they're at a 'we want-we won't give' impasse.

Last edited by SamIAm; 01-05-2008 at 04:34 PM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #144
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

That sucks. I wonder how long it will last? I can just imagine the 2008-2009 season filled with nothing but Reality TV
Old 01-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #145
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
That sucks. I wonder how long it will last? I can just imagine the 2008-2009 season filled with nothing but Reality TV
I've read more than a few op-ed pieces forseeing it lasting into 2009. The director's guild contract expires next month, and even if that gets wrapped up before the writer's guild is taken care of, the SAG contract expires in June, and the SAG has already said they won't even talk until the writers are taken care of. We could end up with all three guilds out by summer, or some staggering in resolution that leaves the SAG out by itself for some period after the other two are finally taken care of.

Long story short, embrace Survivor: Hoboken and Parcheesi with the Stars.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #146
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
Here's Ausiello's take on it. Hey, at least it's moving to Monday and not Friday! That's good news.
I'm sure the FC and TVG are right, but Zap2it reported on 1/2/08 that "House" would be the lead-in for Canterbury's Law on Mondays at 8:00. Fox changes things hourly, so I'm sure it could have said "House" on Wednesday and "Bones" on Thursday. I'm just so tired of all the switching!

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-fo...p-tv-headlines

As far as the strikes go, I don't see the government allowing the strike to go on for an entire year or longer. The economy of LA and California would be seriously effected by the shutdown of their major industry for that long. There's only so many reality shows they can put on the air to keep networks running. I think eventually the governor would step in to force arbitration.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #147
ophelia

I'm wondering at what point they will start bringing in some shows from overseas (from the BBC for example)-- they're already starting up with the "cleaned up" Cable show versions.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #148
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I was just thinking the same thing. I expect we'll see an explosion of TV shows from around the world. real soon.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:47 PM   #149
Clarice

I hope for you not italian shows :°D
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #150
starlet2367
glitterati

I've been catching up on DVDs rather than watch reality TV, which just doesn't appeal to me. As I was watching NCIS 1 and 2 (Kate! Noooo!), I wished there was a thread here so I could chat with other fans about them. Maybe we should start threads for all the series we're catching up on to amuse ourselves until the strike is resolved. Or we could even start the anti-TV thread! What are you doing if you're not watching reruns? (Knitting? Cooking? Reading to your kids?)

And...what DamnSkippy said about the government stepping in.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote