Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #1
Misha

Bones

Anyone else gaining a BONES obsession? Boreanaz looks like he trimed down a bit.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:17 PM   #2
v120176

There's a thread at the TV Reunion Class (sub-forum of TV)

and, while I think you'll find fans of DB's new work here, the show...., well, go to the thread
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:14 AM   #3
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
There's a thread at the TV Reunion Class (sub-forum of TV)

and, while I think you'll find fans of DB's new work here, the show...., well, go to the thread
Oh there are fans of the show on the board, fans of DB and Fans of Emily Deshaniel, but there are a lot of not-fans too. I happen to be a fan, V a not-fan. The show needs to tweak itself a bit, I think, find it's feet and work on either being more realistic, or ditching the proceedural premise and go straight sci-fi with cool gadgets and such. But on a whole, I like the show in a fun eye-candy sort of way.

DB is back in top shape and his acting has become such a joy to watch. If this show tanks, I don't forsee any problem with him finding work.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:48 AM   #4
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
Oh there are fans of the show on the board, fans of DB and Fans of Emily Deshaniel, but there are a lot of not-fans too. I happen to be a fan, V a not-fan.
Yup, I'm a fan, too! Like Psychofilly said, it's definitely fun--I see it as a lollipop: eye candy with a thin stick of plot. LOL Come join us, whichever side of the field you fall on, fans or not-fans. The more the merrier!
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #5
v120176

Oh, I'm a BIG fan of DB's work here, a definitive non-fan of Deschanel as Brennan and the character itself, wich left me in a weird possition for the show, because I do have some understanding in medicine, I'm used to watch real (not CSI, Crossing Jordan, etc) forensic shows (with the real procedures, watching the real autopsy, the real crime scene) I know people that is studing forensic medicine in my country, and also I read/watch a lot about anthropology and reconstruction of faces based in squeletons and mummies, so.... the almost non-existant real forensic science, and the Star-trek thingy plus the unbelievable performance of ED and the bad characterization in terms of written the Brennan leads me to be a 85% "I don't like this show", giving only 15% for Db's work.

I hope it gets better, I'm not against the show, but if the spoilers I read are true (until now they were) and plus, this week episode? was the second to be aired not the third, so they changed (my opinion) because of the three that was the best to go against the premiere of NCSI, I really had not to much hope for this week episode. But still for DB's sake I hope it improves (and if Booth goes and snips Brennan and that let's him and the lead of the show, I'd be happy)

ETA: wich I really don't understand is Bones being FOX's most strong hope of this season. I mean they expended a lot of money in not good books, a not good direction or editing and not a good cast in general. To the point of putting Bones after AI in January to give it a big hit on numbers... With House, I could understand it, with BOnes, I don't.

Last edited by v120176; 09-26-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
DB is back in top shape and his acting has become such a joy to watch. If this show tanks, I don't forsee any problem with him finding work.
That's for sure. Now if we could only get him in The Hatch with JAR.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:51 AM   #7
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne
That's for sure. Now if we could only get him in The Hatch with JAR.

You are trying to explode my brain again aren't you?

I saw some good spoilery pictures of Sawyer at Lost-Media. Sadly, he had his shirt on.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:12 PM   #8
v120176

With the shirt on?
Why??????!!!!!!! Not Fair!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #9
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
With the shirt on?
Why??????!!!!!!! Not Fair!!!!!!!
I am holding out hope that his shirt gets ripped off his body and the Sawyer persecuting boar will come back and take it away and pee on it so he can never wear it again, and then Kate will burn what is left of his clothes because she is angry that he never said goodbye so then he will have to go shirtless for the rest of the show.

Nekkid Sawyer 4 evah! Because nekkid is the whole point!
Old 09-26-2005, 08:38 PM   #10
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
Quote:
You are trying to explode my brain again aren't you?

I saw some good spoilery pictures of Sawyer at Lost-Media. Sadly, he had his shirt on.
And so they were good how? Other than his pretty dimples.

And I understand salt water rots cotton. So the shirt is toast. And as for his jeans...

As for Bones, I mostly like it, have no problem with ED and think DB is great fun. But they gotta stop using real DC and labeling it wrong!

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:07 AM   #11
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...le=mine#cutid1

Interesting article in the Bones community on el-jay. It's mostly about These Girls with just a bit about Bones. I lol'ed at his Buffy comment at the end.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:54 AM   #12
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
http://www.livejournal.com/community...le=mine#cutid1

Interesting article in the Bones community on el-jay. It's mostly about These Girls with just a bit about Bones. I lol'ed at his Buffy comment at the end.
I'm still lol at Angel being called a "cult-classic space-channel sitcom." Bwah! Also? I thought the tattoos came *after* he and Jaime met, not before. Yeesh. Fact check?!

Thanks, Bex! This was faboo!
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #13
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
I love Bones. I think I love DB more though. LOL.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:21 PM   #14
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367
I'm still lol at Angel being called a "cult-classic space-channel sitcom." Bwah! Also? I thought the tattoos came *after* he and Jaime met, not before. Yeesh. Fact check?!

Thanks, Bex! This was faboo!
Sit-com? I've been watching the wrong show! It seems to me that DB said in an interview that he and Jaime got Chinese symbols on the insides of their wrists so that the symbols would touch when they held hands. This strike a cord with anyone or is my imagination on overdrive?

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #15
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That*clown
Sit-com? I've been watching the wrong show! It seems to me that DB said in an interview that he and Jaime got Chinese symbols on the insides of their wrists so that the symbols would touch when they held hands. This strike a cord with anyone or is my imagination on overdrive?
That's the story I remember hearing. Is is possible that one had the Tats already and when they hooked up the partner got a matching set?