Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 01:15 AM   #61
Cordy Chase
At last...

Yay, Charisma! I know we talked about her maybe doing Charmed sometime last year. I love the show, so I'm glad she's doing it, but I can see a lot of you aren't into it.

Holly Marie Combs rocks, she keeps me going with it when no one else can.

Here is an episode guide starting at season 4, post-Prue. Catching up on three seasons of short summaries will probably be easier. But you can poke around that site for more if you want, and there are always reruns on TNT if anyone really wants to get into it.

Chris is Leo and Piper's son. They drove me crazy being apart last season, but they finally, if briefly, *ahem* reunited, and Chris was the product of that.

I don't like the sounds of Leo going nuts, but it's always something with that show.

It debuts Sunday, September 12 at 8 p.m. eastern/7 central. So now you know the date and time, you have no excuse to miss it.

Cassie

"Maybe he just needs to get out of the house, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting home thinking, 'If I could only find a man like Aragorn', he picked me." - Lorelai
Cordy Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:02 AM   #62
Wravyn
Pseudo-Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
Evil Seer? Is anyone else getting a little acid reflux? I hear evil seer and S4 of Ats flashes before my eyes. ---> And after reading those scenes I can't say I'm thrilled with the character and what will be happening to her.<--- I guess with all the bad reactions to Evil!Cordy, I'm afraid this will only bring out similar reactions and remarks comparing this to S4. I really don't want all that dredged up again.
I agree. The fact that they're essentially recycling a fairly unpopular type of character she played in another WB show is a little dubious.

But, hey, although I find Charmed a tad too cheesy to watch regularly, I'm not opposed to seeing Charisma on TV again.
A little bit thicker, a little bit harmful for me

ring a ding ding: art...and the like.
Wravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 06:56 AM   #63
motivational speaker

Well of course, nice she got a guest spot, but did it have to be Charmed? And um, I guess this is an example of Hollywood lack of imagination and type casting in action.
motivational speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:16 AM   #64
DamnSkippy

Sorry, Penny. I didn't think I was giving anything away that "evil seer" didn't already allude to. I'll try to be more careful.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #65
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

higlight for comments, maybe spoilery.

-->As an ATS viewer I think there is obvious room for comparison but at the same time this is a role I don't think CC has ever played. She's never really been the seductress. Even in S4 ATS she wasn't really a seductress, no matter that they put her in an outfit that Stevie Nicks would have thrown out.<--

Last edited by Morrigan; 08-15-2004 at 08:44 AM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 09:18 AM   #66
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
higlight for comments, maybe spoilery.

-->As an ATS viewer I think there is obvious room for comparison but at the same time this is a role I don't think CC has ever played. She's never really been the seductress. Even in S4 ATS she wasn't really a seductress, no matter that they put her in an outfit that Stevie Nicks would have thrown out.<--
And this time there's not any would-be "clever" confusion about who and what her character is intended to be (which really just masks the fact that the writers don't know what they're doing and are making it up week to week). If anything, it'll give CC a chance to shake the "can't play evil" rap in some people's minds.

Truthfully, I see this in much the same light as her stint as a newly revived coma patient on The Division, which may be the best acting she's ever done. It's her going back and showing 'em how it's done. Kind of the ultimate do-over. It's all good.

(Plus, I seem to remember that playing an evil character on Charmed can be considered a good career move....)
Old 08-15-2004, 09:27 AM   #67
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Truthfully, I see this in much the same light as her stint as a coma patient on The Division, which may be the best acting she's ever done. It's her going back and showing 'em how it's done. Kind of the ultimate do-over. It's all good.
I was just thinking about that. I remember all the comments from S4 that CC couldn't do drama, she was good at comedy but obviously not a dramatic actress. Then low and behold she takes on a very dramatic role and totally blows it out of the water. One of the best performances she's ever given.

I'm beginning to wonder if her choice in jobs isn't some sort of rejoinder to all of the online critism. You say I can't do drama well take a look at this. You said I couldn't play evil well try this one for size. I think YW shut up all those complaints about how she couldn't do action/fight scenes.

The more I think about it the more I like her post ATS choices.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:43 AM   #68
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
The more I think about it the more I like her post ATS choices.
Plus on Charmed she's working with friends (not the least of whom is her old friend Aaron Spelling, who discovered her and who still wields a Zeus-like power in the television industry). She has a multi-episode commitment on a show that still has a sizeable cult following, and no doubt her run will be promoted at least as heavily as the WB promotes Charmed any other week -- which should mean she'll be all over both the trailers and the Web site. Again with the good!
Old 08-15-2004, 09:56 AM   #69
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if her choice in jobs isn't some sort of rejoinder to all of the online critism. You say I can't do drama well take a look at this. You said I couldn't play evil well try this one for size.
I'd even put the Playboy shoot in there after some of the more *snarf* worthy commentary that she was "fat and dumpy" during and after pregnancy.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #70
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
Evil Seer? Is anyone else getting a little acid reflux? I hear evil seer and S4 of Ats flashes before my eyes. ---> And after reading those scenes I can't say I'm thrilled with the character and what will be happening to her.<--- I guess with all the bad reactions to Evil!Cordy, I'm afraid this will only bring out similar reactions and remarks comparing this to S4. I really don't want all that dredged up again.

On the positive thought side, she could get rave reviews saying this is how E!Cordy should have been handled. I'm just not that optimistic to believe that will happen though.

I'm glad she's working, I just wish it had been something else.

ETA: Remember, folks, editorial spoilers are still spoilers. I know it's been a while, but be careful. -- P.C.

My first thought at seeing the words Seer and Evil, did make me go there too... however: The type of Seer Cordelia was... not even close to how Charmed does Seers. Second Charmed is more clear cut on their good vs evil thing than AtS ever was, and they aren't goingto degrading or cutting down a character that has been on the air for years like AtS ended up doing with Cordy.

I am thinking that Charisma is finishing some unfinished business... the roles she's choosing on some level seem to be roles that are giving her the grittier, and more in depth play of what she wanted or should have been able to do on Angel. Play the pain of coming out of a coma... get to play someone evil that is fun (spoiler font just in case) because knowing Charmed, this Evil Seer is going to be one hell of a fun baddie to play

I personally haven't gone in search of any more spoilers than I'm going to find in this thread -- no hitting links for me. But though it initially gave me that S4 Ick feeling, I'm thinking that overall given that Charmed is such a different type of show and the character isn't Cordelia that it's going to be fun.

Though, I will admit a part of me would rather see her playing a more long-term grayer character that mixes it up with the Charmed sisters, or maybe some other Halliwell witch from the Future that Chris came from. But oh well.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:59 AM   #71
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if her choice in jobs isn't some sort of rejoinder to all of the online critism. You say I can't do drama well take a look at this. You said I couldn't play evil well try this one for size. I think YW shut up all those complaints about how she couldn't do action/fight scenes.
I don't know if this was intentional on her part, but damn she's been blowing her performances out of the water since AtS. I think some of it can be chalked up to what she said herself after leaving AtS. Its easy to get comfortable and complacent in a role, she needed new challenges. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's a little "In your face buddy" going on too.

Having recently watched season 4 again (I know what was I thinking?) I was shocked at how bad her dialogue was...the writers just checked out on her character. With the right material I know CC will keep shining.

Personally I hope the Charmed stint stays short, I just don't like the show enough to want her back with any regularity. I'd rather see in some thing new (come on Cats and Dogs).
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 12:40 PM   #72
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

OMG! I predicted this! I've been on holiday for 12 days but I predicted this!!!

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 02:04 PM   #73
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Personally, I'd like to start a "Stay 10,000 Maniacs The Hell Away From Other People's Classic Tunes" movement. First the Smiths, then Roxy Music. The horror. The horror....
I quite like the Roxy Music covers on the Velvet Goldmine soundtrack, and it goes beyond the obvious reasons. Shame about the film, though.

However, I openly admit I like covers if well-done, even if they are classics. I don't think that Smiths cover for the theme to Charmed is well done. And I don't get how it fits the show.

Uh, so Charisma is on Charmed. I will probably tune since I do occasionally. My main problem with the show is the resolution to all the build-up through the episode is a let down for me.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 02:07 PM   #74
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantinera
I don't think that Smiths cover for the theme to Charmed is well done. And I don't get how it fits the show.
Maybe they saw it used in The Craft and thought it worked for one film about witches so it'd work for the show?
Old 08-15-2004, 02:24 PM   #75
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Ooooh finally CC on TV

Sometimes while I'm surfing through different channels I come across Charmed and watch it for 5 or 10 min.s then change the channel. I neither liked nor disliked the series. I do like the current theme song of Charmed though...

Quote:
PennyC
I liked it when the Smiths did it.
Who are the Smiths?

Just like Gabriella, for some reason I had a feeling that she'd be on Charmed. CC on Charmed is awesome; FINALLY watching her on air is kick ass. Just seeing her on the big screen once again, Rockz! Never really was interested in Charmed like many others here, but it’s CC, so I’ll definitely watch. And well CC playing an evil seer (although I did get THAT weird feeling it disappeared after a while cause), in my opinion the Evil Seer she plays here will be completely different from the character she played on ATS. And well she never really played an "evil seductress" in ATS. I personally think she’d make an awesome Evil Seer...

Now we'll just have to wait for the good news on Cats and Dogs....
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote