Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2003, 10:11 PM   #151
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Almost to 2,700...!

Come on, Cordy fans. You, too, fans of Jane Grant. And those of you who think Serena Lockner is an interesting character, you're needed, as well.

Charisma now has 2,698 votes as the hottest Buffy babe.

And we should be greedy. That's not enough. Lets push her over 2,700 and get her to 2,750 sometime today.

'Cause the great Gellar no-juggernaut is still out there. And voting.

So don't let the anti-C/Aers out there mess with out actress. Vote Charisma today.

Cast your vote for Charisma HERE.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:32 PM   #152
Andromeda7_4

Re: Almost to 2,700...!

Quote:
Originally posted by mef2101
Come on, Cordy fans. You, too, fans of Jane Grant. And those of you who think Serena Lockner is an interesting character, you're needed, as well.

Charisma now has 2,698 votes as the hottest Buffy babe.

And we should be greedy. That's not enough. Lets push her over 2,700 and get her to 2,750 sometime today.

'Cause the great Gellar no-juggernaut is still out there. And voting.

So don't let the anti-C/Aers out there mess with out actress. Vote Charisma today.

Cast your vote for Charisma HERE.
But why?
The site allows multiple voting!
That means any results anyone gets are phony.

What is the point of "winning" one of these polls?
All it takes is one fanatic voting a zillion times!

(And nobody even gets bragging rights if people know the vote's been rigged.)
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:51 PM   #153
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Re: Re: Almost to 2,700...!

Quote:
Originally posted by Andromeda7_4
But why?
News to me. It's only ever let me vote once. Not that I don't think fan polls are ultimately kinda hollow, but I'm just sayin'.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:53 PM   #154
MrPresident

Andromeda you said this over at ASSB but you are wrong, it won't allow you to vote multiple times. I have only been allowed to vote once, even though I tried to vote for Charisma Carpenter a million times.
MrPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:11 PM   #155
califi

I only got to vote once, too.

btw: Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) (1569) 21 %

Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia) (2726) 36 %

GoTeam C/A
califi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:13 PM   #156
angelslady

Same here, everytime i have gone back to the site it tells
me i already voted the once and won,t let me do it anymore
no matter how much i try and keep voting, i don,t know how
people are managing to vote more than once if it won,t let
me do so.
angelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:46 PM   #157
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPresident
Andromeda you said this over at ASSB but you are wrong, it won't allow you to vote multiple times. I have only been allowed to vote once, even though I tried to vote for Charisma Carpenter a million times.

I said this after it let me vote twice.
Then I tried agin- I voted three times just to test it out- and it let me!
So I figured if I can do it, then anybody can- and some people will!

(OK- I just went back again and voted and it let me!
Then I tried again- and it said I already voted.

But- it did let me vote earlier today. so maybe it has to do with timing?
Btw- apologies all- I have now voted 4 times total which is unfair).

Last edited by Andromeda7_4; 12-30-2003 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:32 PM   #158
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Re: Re: Almost to 2,700...!

Quote:
Originally posted by Andromeda7_4
But why?
That means any results anyone gets are phony.

What is the point of "winning" one of these polls?
All it takes is one fanatic voting a zillion times!

(And nobody even gets bragging rights if people know the vote's been rigged.)
I suppose that's one way to help explain these results: we've got the six to ten or so Charisma zealots who have no common sense and can't understand that Joss is a god, and these loons are spending their days sitting at the computer clicking back and forth, just running up the totals....

It's one way to explain 'em.

But it's the wrong way.

A quick look at the S-T board, and over at CC.com, and you can find enough fans to vote for Charisma, without rigging any results, thank you.

Ahh, but if a few of you zealots HAVE figured out a way to vote multiple times.... Hmmm.

Not that I'd EVER advocate stuffing the ballot box. No sir. Not me. Nope.

'Course, now that we have an admission from an SMG zealot that SHE'S been stuffing the ballot box, maybe I just might have to turn my back and not monitor the polling place so carefully.

Have at it fans.

The results as of a moment ago:

Charisma Carpenter: 2,732
Sarah Michelle Gellar: 1,571

That's a lead of 1,161 votes.

(BTW, if we can improve CC's vote totals to 2,803, than we'll have found TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED fans to vote for her since tojoson started this thread back in October...)

Or perhaps I've been sitting ay my computer, nonstop, clicking on this web poll, votin', votin', votin'....

Damn, if I could run these totals up like that by myself, you wouldn't see me pestering y'all almost every day.

So go out and find new voters, folks. Do not ignore the challenge.

Last edited by mef2101; 12-30-2003 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:58 PM   #159
ruken

internet polls

I'm a lurker but this is too funny I'll come out of lurkdom to share my experience.

I have voted about 15/20 times. If I had more time I would vote more often. How to cheat? easy: sign on to the internet with your internet provider and then go over to Internet Explorer. Sign on to the site using IE and vote. You can vote everytime you sign up to the internet.

PS I thought it was understood that internet polls are always hacked. Everyone...and I meant EVERYONE does it. As far as I have been able to see Spike fans have the best organization (Master's Monsters) but we all do it. It's fun and it proves whose fans are more dedicated.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:10 PM   #160
tojoson

then again, it depends on your internet provider, some will give you a new IP address every tome you log on, others won't. apparently mine won't

i have 2 versions of netscape, IE, comcast, and opera, and i could still only vote once, and i have been trying to vote again since about 2 months before i started THIS thread, (i did start another back around august or september, but i neglected to put CC's name in the title, so no one paid any attention to it).
Old 12-31-2003, 12:25 AM   #161
ruken

Go to your local library.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:52 AM   #162
Andromeda7_4

Re: internet polls

Quote:
Originally posted by ruken

PS I thought it was understood that internet polls are always hacked. Everyone...and I meant EVERYONE does it. As far as I have been able to see Spike fans have the best organization (Master's Monsters) but we all do it. It's fun and it proves whose fans are more dedicated.

That may be so; but...wouldn't it be nice to be able to TRUST the results of an online poll, instead of just shrugging that everybody rigs it? Why can't everybody just vote once, and abide by the results?

Often, I feel I'd really like to KNOW how things work out, who is most popular ot best episode or whatever...but I never will because the poll results are unreliable.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:53 AM   #163
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Re: internet polls

Quote:
Originally posted by ruken
As far as I have been able to see Spike fans have the best organization (Master's Monsters) but we all do it. It's fun and it proves whose fans are more dedicated.
Yeah, if the 25 or 30 Christian Bale fans who rigged every Internet actors' poll in the mid-90s had their way, he'd be like, the greatest, sexiest, Most Bankable Actor EVAR!!!!!111111!!!!

Or, well, not.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:07 PM   #164
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Updated results, no matter how "questionable..."

Despite the simmering controversy over the validity of this internet poll, or perhaps BECAUSE of it, we've seen an increase in voting activity for both CC and SMG.

The results, as of a moment ago:

Charisma Carpenter: 2,750 (36%)
Sarah Michelle Gellar: 1,588 (21%)

The lead is still holding at 1,162 votes. We won't meet tojoson's challenge of 3,000 total votes by the end of this year, but we DID get 2750.

However controversial, it IS an indication of the affection the fans have for Charisma. And if Andromeda is right, it is also an indication of just how loyal and determined those fans can be.

Where to next, tojoson? What's our next target?
Old 12-31-2003, 03:30 PM   #165
tojoson

i don't know, i like your idea of 2803 by midnight, (doesn't look good for that though) and i don't know when this poll will end, but how about 3303 by jan 11, that would be a 3000 vote total for 3 months, 1000 votes per month average.

we would have to average about 50 votes per day (unrealistic, i know but what the hell, it's something to shoot for)