Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Livvie
nutcase

"House of Bones": New CC Sci-Fi Channel Movie

Has anyone heard anything about this? When I checked imdb.com it said it was in production but there was no cast list.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/ch...rs-house-bones

From that site:

I've never been much of a fan of all those ghost hunting shows but if more ghost hunters looked like Charisma Carpenter I might start tuning in. Until that day arrives I'll have to settle for House of Bones, in which the former "Buffy"/"Angel"/"Charmed"/"Veronica Mars" starlet will play a ghost hunter getting more than she bargained for.

Corin Nemec (Mansquito, SS Doomtrooper) co-stars alongside Carpenter as TV ghost hunters that enter a reportedly haunted house that may prove to be the death of them. Produced by Leigh Scott (Transmorphers), Griff Furst (100 Million BC), and Ken Badish (Showdown at Area 51) under the Louisiana-based Bullet Films banner, directing duties for this paranormal scarefest fall to Jeffrey Lando, he of Decoys 2 and Insecticidal fame.

Look for House of Bones to premiere on the Sci-Fi Channel sometime in 2009.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
tojoson

I hope it's true, she could use the work. Ten minutes of airtime on one series just won't cut it.

Even though it sounds like a low budget movie, what the hell, it's exposure. I'm sure she'll shine in the part.

I'll watch.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Well, that's cool I guess. The bad thing with Sci-Fi is that they produce amazing mini-series (IMO) Tin Man; Dune even Battle Star Gallactica but when it comes to TV Movies they're usually pretty cheap.

The movie does sound pretty cool though, and I've adored Corin Nemec sice the old Parker Lewis Can't Lose days; even if I did hate Jonas Quinn on SG-1.

Thanks for the news.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Sweet!! This is exciting news. Can't wait to see her. It's been a while.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Bryan

I don't have Sci-Fi Channel - do these films go to DVD?
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
nodakskip

Did a search and found this.

Horror movie being filmed at Holland home
By Howell Dennis
NEWS EDITOR

CROWLEY – “We really love shooting here in Crowley,” said Bullet Films production coordinator Laura Hill. “The old homes in your historic district make for wonderful movie sets.”

The landmark home of Dr. Michael Holland, which is currently under construction, is being used as the set for a movie tentatively titled “House of Bones”, which is about a haunted house. The film will air on the Sci-Fi channel once it is complete.

This is the second film Bullet Films production to be filmed in Crowley during the past year. The Grand Opera House of the South was used for the production of a werewolf movie that is currently having the finishing touches put on it before it is aired.

“The Holland’s are currently staying at another home and they were nice enough to let us use theirs,” said Diana McCormick, also a production coordinator. “This home is just a perfect setting for a haunted house.”

The movie is being directed by Jefferey Lando who also wrote the film along with Leigh Scott and Griff Furst. Shooting on the film is expected to continue until December 20.

Bullet Films is based in Lafayette.

http://www.crowleytoday.com/node/17092
Old 12-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/ch...rs-house-bones

From that site:

Corin Nemec (Mansquito, SS Doomtrooper) co-stars alongside Carpenter as TV ghost hunters that enter a reportedly haunted house that may prove to be the death of them.
It can't be fun as an actor to have your name followed in print by "(Mansquito, SS Doomtrooper)"

At any rate, these kinds of films can sometimes be fun, so I'll keep an eye out for it.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #8
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
It can't be fun as an actor to have your name followed in print by "(Mansquito, SS Doomtrooper)"
Probably better than them having to go all the way back to Parker Lewis Can't Lose though.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #9
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
At any rate, these kinds of films can sometimes be fun
Definitely. I myself am a long-time fan of the types of movies that often attract scorn and ridicule (while many an Oscar winner has put me to sleep). So I'm probably looking forward to this a little more than some.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #10
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

I'm really looking forward to this movie. CC's getting work! She's the lead! I know some Sci-Fi Channel movies are low budget and all, but this is CC and Corin(he will always be my Parker Lewis I loved that show!). So, I think it will do good ratings because of CC, alone. Hey, work is work. The plot sounds pretty cool.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
samsmom

I probably read this at the wrong time. We had just watched Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight last weekend on SCI-FI, and it was beyond painful.

But I forebear. Jada Pinkett Smith and Thomas Hayden Church were in it and they went on to movies that made money.

I just think that CC is so incredibly talented on top of being incredibly beautiful that I'm at a loss to understand why she doesn't have her own sitcom or been part of an ensemble by now. Is Hollywood really that blind?

But I'll take a page from Nikki and try to be optimistic.

But I'd sure love it if one TV critic/reviewer would mention her without mentioning how good she'd look sans clothes. *sigh*
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #12
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
I probably read this at the wrong time. We had just watched Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight last weekend on SCI-FI, and it was beyond painful.
Hey, I like that movie. (Which wasn't a Sci-Fi Channel original, by the way, but a theatrical release.) And not in a "so bad it's good" way, either. I think it's pretty good. However, when it's shown on commercial television, they like to chop it up and leave out a lot of the good parts.

Now the other Tales from the Crypt movie, with Dennis Miller and the vampires, that one sucked. (No pun intended. )

As for Sci Fi Channel's originals, they've actually done some good, even thought-provoking flicks...although maybe not lately.