Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > The 2006 Fan Fundraiser
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2004, 02:14 PM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

The DB Food Bank Drive: It's Alive!

All right, my little Thunderbird puppets, the DB ad is paid for. It's done. It's a deal. Give it a lily. But it still has our Paypal account rented out for the next five weeks or so. Whatever shall one do?

Why not kick in a little jack for the L.A. Regional Food Bank? It can join the ad overage already there, to the tune of

$28.82

G'waaaaan. You know you wanna.

And just because this button still cracks me up, here it is again:

Old 04-23-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
G'waaaaan. You know you wanna.
You really are the little enabler, aren't ya? :Smirk:

thanks for the new thread!
Old 04-27-2004, 01:11 PM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

What with all the other excitement, I've neglected this thread! We're still holding at the current total:

$28.82

If you know anybody who was too late to contribute to the ad but wouldn't mind doing a little something for the L.A. Regional Food Bank, let 'em know, uhkay?
Old 04-27-2004, 01:25 PM   #4
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
What with all the other excitement, I've neglected this thread! We're still holding at the current total:

$28.82

If you know anybody who was too late to contribute to the ad but wouldn't mind doing a little something for the L.A. Regional Food Bank, let 'em know, uhkay?
We do have a few more folks coming forward to volunteer their talents for the auction. I hope to have a firm list of goodies up in the next few days.

Come on peeps! Lets show our heart! Don't make me get out the pom poms. Becky and pom poms are a scary mix.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:24 PM   #5
Little Heaven

I've finished making my auction item

Come on everyone, either donate your talents, or save up to bid for something! I'm going to buy Kel... (and we all know what I'm going to make her write LOL)

Little Heaven's Fanfiction
Journaly Goodness
Little Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:38 AM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

w00t!

Today's total at Paypal:

$43.08

In other news, I've received some asks to set up a system whereby people can donate directly to the L.A. Regional Food Bank in either DB's or CC's name. This sounds like a fine idea to me, and I'll post links to those interfaces sometime today.

This might be a good time to mention that many companies have matching-gifts programs in which they will as much as double your contribution to an eligible nonprofit or charity. You may have only to fill out a simple form to make this happen. Check with your human resources department to find out if your firm supports this.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:14 AM   #7
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Now at Paypal:

$62.00

Not bad!

New ways to donate coming directly!
Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 AM   #8
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Whoot! I'm also still working on the auction. I know it's been pretty quiet but RL has been a bitch. I have a page for the donations ready to go, but am waiting for final word/submissions from some volunteers so that I can put them up for viewing.

Penny, what's the word on doing an e-bay account for the auction?
Old 05-04-2004, 03:05 PM   #9
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Setting up the eBay account today -- the good news is that people will be able to use our existing Paypal account to make their auction purchases. Yay...?

And for those who've expressed an interest in making food bank donations in CC's name...ta da!

It's a brand-new oversize button! Sweeeet, huh?
Old 05-06-2004, 07:49 AM   #10
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Those that have volunteered to donate, remember the deadline is tommorrow. I need all avatars, drawings, and whatever else so that I can get them up on the site to be previewed this weekend.

Please send any contributions to rr1013@ev1.net or contact me there if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2004, 11:45 AM   #11
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

New total at Paypal:

$76.11

Dude!

Don't forget, as detailed above, that we've now launched the option of donating to the Food Bank in Charisma Carpenter's name, too. Let's see can we ootch it up into the triple-digit range.

The eBay account for the art and fanfic auction is ready, as well. Look for be-an-angel to bid on items once they've been confirmed. (w00t)
Old 05-10-2004, 07:00 PM   #12
DamnSkippy

Can someone (Becky or Penny maybe?) give us an update on what's happening with the auction. I've got some money burning a hole in my already threadbare pocket and I really, really, really want Becky's drawing of DB. When is it starting and how's it being handled? And thanks for all the work happening behind the scenes to get this going.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 07:55 PM   #13
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
Can someone (Becky or Penny maybe?) give us an update on what's happening with the auction. I've got some money burning a hole in my already threadbare pocket and I really, really, really want Becky's drawing of DB. When is it starting and how's it being handled? And thanks for all the work happening behind the scenes to get this going.
Penny has the location to where all the different icons and stuff are. She is going to try and have some stuff started by Wed. I'm not sure when the DB drawing will go up though.

However, I am pleased to announce that Prima, who drew the beautiful pic of CC for the HR ad is also donating a picture of SMG that is going to blow you guys away... If Mab doesn't claw everyone to death as she scrambles to be the one to buy it.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:35 PM   #14
DamnSkippy

Thanks for the info. Ooo, a Prima drawing, too. Life is good (even though I lost a VCR player and my DSL modem to lightening today ). I can't wait!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 10:14 PM   #15
Little Heaven

Oh, that must have been scary! *eyes surge protector nervously*

I have made a Cordy, all Cordy and nothing but Cordy LJ Mood theme for the auction. I made a seperate icon for all 132 (?) moods. And I will host them for hotlinking if the successful bidder doesn't have a site on which to put them. You do need a paid LJ account, though.

Little Heaven's Fanfiction
Journaly Goodness
Little Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote