Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
kyle

Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman

this was already brought up in The Cordyverse under TV Guide's online CC interview, but i think it deserves it's own spot over here as it is mainly to do with Charisma, and i'm very curious to see what other people think; how she might be best suited for the role as Wonder Woman, or if perhaps there is another candidate that outshines (impossible, right?) the wonderful miss Charisma.

i've also posted this topic in the Internet Movie Database forum to see how they react, and after glancing at things they've said of other possible choices.. i do feel Chrisma has a great shot at accomplishing her mission.

the interview - http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/040205a.asp

the imdb - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074074/board/nest/2464948

Wonder Woman - http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/117...arter,%20Lynda

Charisma - http://www.charisma-carpenter.com/cgi-bin/show/show.cgi?696

and hello to everyone, i'm new here.. won't have time to post much, just wanted to bring that together and express my appreciation for her; the lovely and talented Charisma Carpenter.

congratulations on the Hollywood Reporter ad,

-kyle
kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:10 PM   #2
LittleAngel

Quote:
I agree the new wonder woman should be an Unknown, sweet, beautiful, with charisma.
Who has more charisma than Charisma herself?

I can see why everyone would want Catherine Zeta-Jones but I believe an unknown would be better for the role.

ETA-Welcome to the board kyle.
Charisma's Bitch #16

Fred Fanatic #16

Would You Just Stand Still
LittleAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:13 PM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Welcome to the board, Kyle!

And thanks for the links. Many of us submitted CC's name to the WW site as possible casting, but now is a good time to start spreading the word again. It's especially good to know that Charisma is interested in pursuing this role; I think she'd be ideal.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:55 AM   #4
shar

smg for wonder woman?

i was watching sky news today and they said how two buffy babes are competeing for the wonder woman role.
according to them smg is the top contender but they have a quote from an insider saing that cc has a good chance and is just as sexy.
i really hope cc gets it i think she would be great.
shar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:21 AM   #5
kyle

yeah i've seen that elsewhere, about Sarah Michelle Gellar being interested in the role.. or has been mentioned for it, but i don't think she looks the part at all.. and might not be able to act it completely either.

Penny Century, what's this WW site for casting? got a url?

also, i wanted to let everyone know that i've added another remark in favor of Charisma on IMDB. hopefully some others on that site will say what they think.. and maybe it would be good to point other sites to there + this thread on here? to give the Charisma vote some attention.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074074/board/nest/2464948

if the movie is done exceptionally well, this would be great for Charisma, and the fans. if the movie script looks too flashy and full of non-sense, hopefully Charisma turns it down if she feels it doesnt portray the character + her in a good way.

let's hope Hollywood does good with this one.

-kyle
kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:27 AM   #6
arkady

SMG?! No freakin' way she's too short. Plus she doesn't have the physical attributes to be WW. Jesus! She's an Amazon! Not a goddamn midget.

You know I was talking about this with a few of the guys at work today and none of them could accept that CC is the perfect WW. They all suggested Jennifer Connelly. Go figure?! I put her in the same boat as SMG. I mean she's got the hair, eyes and stature but not the rest. And while she's a wonderful actress I personally just can't see her in the role. CC on the other hand I can totally see as WW. She can pull off that whole ice queen persona but with a heart underneath.
arkady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:22 AM   #7
Emmangel
Administrator

Re: smg for wonder woman?

Quote:
Originally posted by shar
i was watching sky news today and they said how two buffy babes are competeing for the wonder woman role.
according to them smg is the top contender but they have a quote from an insider saing that cc has a good chance and is just as sexy.
i really hope cc gets it i think she would be great.
Really? That's intresting news, thanks for sharing.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:57 AM   #8
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I so can't see SMg or even Jennifer Connly as WW, they're too petite. LL would ahve been the best choice or if you really want to go with some of the artwork, Chyna from WWE would fit her physically.

However the mvies don't really stick to the comics. If they did Cyclops would have been as old or older then Jean Grey and Wovlerine would have been about as tall as SMG.

I think CC could pull off the physical aspects as well as the emotion and humor that comes with Diana.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #9
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan
I think CC could pull off the physical aspects as well as the emotion and humor that comes with Diana.
Exactly. There are other actresses who fit the bill physically, but I can't think of another who could pull off both the humor and poignancy of Diana's shelteredness, her weird innocence of the culture in which she finds herself. I've hoped CC would get a chance to read for this part for several months, but now I'm practically pinning my hopes on her getting it.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #10
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan
\LL would ahve been the best choice or if you really want to go with some of the artwork, [...]
Since LL already gave a big yet polite "NO" to the idea, Charisma's chances just went up.

I think the fact that there has been a lot of press around that one quote from Charisma is telling. Hopefully someone is paying attention...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:31 AM   #11
tojoson

you should at least physically resemble the character you are playing, and SMG does not.

it's like having talisa soto as vampirella, to me it just didn't work.
compared to the character, talisa was sort of flat chested.

wonder woman is buxom, SMG is not, and neuther is sandra bullock, (who was associated with the part for a while.

as far as her height, they don't really need a tall actress, just have the men take the lifts out of their shoes, and build her's up some.

i think CC would be a very good choice

incidentally, on a slightly related subject, the latest dreamwatch magesine says that natalie portman is in talks to play lois lane.

and earlier this week, over at C-C.com someone posted a list of possible fall shows and one struck me as good for CC, about a recent law school graduate who becomes a judge in a small town--a comedy. can you imagine what CC could do with that
Old 02-07-2004, 05:55 PM   #12
brahmsviolin

Just the fact that CC herself would like to play the role has increased my hopes. Let's face it, we've all got ideas on what we'd like to see her do, including WW. Now that she's expressed an interest, I'm anxious for her to have a shot. I'll be really surprised if she isn't even considered, and with LL out of the running, I think she's got a very good shot at getting it.
Team Cordy #172
brahmsviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #13
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Here's a small brurb on the Wonder Woman movie...

Buffy Stars Catfight Over Wonder Woman Role

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:30 PM   #14
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Freakface
Here's a small brurb on the Wonder Woman movie...

Buffy Stars Catfight Over Wonder Woman Role

ETA: I got it!

And while I like SMG, she is in no way Wonder Woman. She does NOT scream Wonder Woman.

But the sad thing is that SMG would probably get it because she's more known than Charisma.

ETA2: I'm not sure who would do better in a campy film, though. Charisma could pull it off, but I would be afraid SMG would play it too seriously. I'm shutting up now.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 02-07-2004 at 11:47 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:07 AM   #15
v120176

I wonder if the Play-Boy photos could have something to do with Wonder woman role? Maybe her manager told her that she will catch more attention (yes, I agree with Lala, SMG is more known than Charisma, and maybe some photos and a Play Boy Cover could help her on this) and shows how well she is after her pregnancy.

I agree, SMG will play somekind of anorexic WW. I never liked SMG as an actress (my opinion). I never knew why they choose her as Buffy (even if they didn't gave the part to CC). But also I said the same with DB on BTVS, the only two "bad performances" of the show, and now he's a great actor (since ATS season 2 specially). SMG has no angel : Cruel Intentions, I'm still recovering of that & that romantic comedy where she played a cheff.... no words.., for terror movies, Ok, but for any others, at least from what I saw, included her SNL performance, were horrible.

V.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote