Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > General
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008, 02:53 AM   #16
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoirse View Post
I know what you mean. It was worse when these B/Aers discovered that I used to be a B/Aer; it was like I'd gone over to the dark side or something when it was something as simple as being able to see the characters moving on to healthier relationships.
I know, right? They hounded me like a cult, and it felt like they attempting to perform a fandom-exorcism :P

Quote:
When I came to ST I was like what? SANE people in fandom? What the... It really was this huge surprise to me. I just assumed all pairing boards were just as bad as The Bronze and this other unnamed board of unspeakable evil.
I was half-expecting the same thing. At that time, I thought that it was impossible to be both a shipper and sane, so when I found everyone here acting normal and non-hysterical, I thought I had dropped into Bizzaro World.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #17
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
ST was my introduction to fandom. The concept that there was a board out there for people with like interests (such as a favorite TV or couple). I still consider this my home, even though most of the people have moved on to other fandoms.

It is a great place to call home and totally spoiled me, I was not prepared for discussions at other boards that involved "chat speak"

Me too. I had no idea these places even existed until I got here.

And Penny, just incase you're listening, I have to tell you that you do an AWESOME job of keeping things in check around here. I've had the oportunity to become one of the admins of a group of folks myself, and I do my best to be just like you; Fun, Fair yet Firm when necessary. In fact, my Moderator Mantra is WWPD?

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:00 AM   #18
Florrie
I want it all for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
The WB board... the posts would be "OMG u rock1!!!!!" it was just odd.
Oh yes, the raids on the WB board.

Yesterday...

Old 04-25-2008, 02:52 AM   #19
Emmangel
Administrator

FLORRIE!

*drops dead*
Old 04-25-2008, 02:59 AM   #20
Florrie
I want it all for me...

Nah, nah, nah. Come on, Em. You missed your line.

All my troubles seemed so far away...
Old 04-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #21
Emmangel
Administrator

Sorry, it was a tad early! Fear not though, the song is now playing on my iPod. LOL
Old 04-25-2008, 06:45 AM   #22
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Wow. Now it's a party.

Don't forget to tell these whippersnappers all about how we trudged 10 miles in the snow each way for subtext.

(And I should probably follow up with a line about how one doesn't deserve much credit for moderating, you know, ADULTS. Which is another nice thing about this board.)
Old 04-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #23
Emmangel
Administrator

Oh I don't know, I seem to recall one or two trying individuals in the early days!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #24
Florrie
I want it all for me...

Snow, yes, but the joy (oh joy) of the purple renovations and the cardboard box extension when the family grew from 15 to 23!

Or something.

Break out the turps and squashed apple punch.

Now it looks as though they're here to stay...
Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #25
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florrie View Post
Oh yes, the raids on the WB board.

Yesterday...

OMG!

Drops Dead next to Emma

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #26
Florrie
I want it all for me...

There'll only be fifteen of us again soon at this rate.

I thought Cordy fans were indestructible?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #27
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florrie View Post
There'll only be fifteen of us again soon at this rate.

I thought Cordy fans were indestructible?
Yeah but since we're all just copies of a handful of people 2 people drop dead and it's like losing 25 Cordy/C/A fans

Hi Florrie! You've been missed.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #28
jerry

ST wasn't my introduction to fandom, or even to BtVS/AtS fandom. But I always found it one of the friendlier, more civilized, and generally more thoughtful places to discusss it. And one with a decidedly better sense of humor
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #29
argel
beloved cordelia

Stranger Things wasn't just the first place where people didn't look at me like I was braindead for liking C/A. It was the first fandom board I had ever been to where people used full sentences, and they even knew how to spell and punctuate properly. It was my first fandom board that was populated with mature, intelligent people who actually knew how to respect different opinions and agree to disagree without being rude, hurtful, or childish (or insane). Stranger Things was the first board that treated me like my views mattered. I still refer to ST as "the last bastion of fandom support for Cordy, Charisma, and C/A."

Stranger Things is more than fandom to me, too. When I first joined the board about eight years ago (holy crap, has it been that long?!), I was in bad shape emotionally, and things were generally rough. Coming to Stranger Things every day and talking to all these people who cared about me and what I had to say, even if it was mostly just about AtS and BtVS, made me feel okay to be me. The people I've met here over the years have helped me in ways they probably don't even know about, and I found lifelong friends through Stranger Things.

I love this purple board, and even if there are only 15 or 23 or 4 of us, I will always come back here because it's home. Like, literally. It's my home page on my web browser. I love Stranger Things, and I love you guys.

Ellen
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #30
cerian
I'm a hugaholic

FLORRIE!

ST was my introduction to the civilised side of the web and it was my first port of call every day for years. Logging in was like calling round at my best friend's for a prolonged chat full of humour, spice and engaging debate. Prior to ST I scoffed at the notion that it was possible to make real friends on-line, but I'm happy to admit I was wrong.

Even now, when I mostly lurk, I still check in at least once a week and I'd like to add my thanks to the mods, especially Penny, for keeping this little haven on the web going.
Team Cordy #444

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
cerian is offline   Reply With Quote