Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #61
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I haven't really followed the development of Dollhouse. Who are the other producers/writers attached. Because if it's just Whedon behind the wheel, I don't think I can be convinced to watch just because it's ED in the lead. Does he have his old buddy Minear with him?
According to IMDB Minear has writing, directing and producing credits on this show. Which of course (for me) means its all kinds of bad...sir yes sir

Eh I'm waiting to see if Jerry (or was it Sam?) is right with his 7 and out prediction or Penny with her never making it to the TV?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #62
Liam
It's French, Bitch.

Yea, I know lots of folks around here don't like Minear, but he's on the show, I'll watch. Because I think he's written some great television, particularly in the Whedon-verse. While he couldn't write Cordelia worth shit, I can't begrudge him. I like his writing style.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #63
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I've always thought the idea for this show would work great as a movie, but would have a harder time flying in an ongoing series. So it makes sense to me that someone at FOX would be having problems with the "fundamental underpinnings of the show." Still, they knew what those fundamental underpinnings were when they okayed the series. But I guess they thought the idea could maybe work if done right, but are having second-thoughts now that they've actually seen the idea in action.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #64
Childe of Blade

Seems as though Dollhouse is having trouble getting off the ground from what recent reports are showing, and the fact that it's on Fox indicates that it may not have much of a future anyway.

I have conflicting issues here...

On one hand, it would be upsetting to see yet another Dushku project end before it's time, but at the same time I can't help but be overjoyed at the prospect of another Joss project biting the dust.

Any thoughts?
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #65
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Terminator: The Sara Conner Chronicles is on the brink of cancellation. It's getting the same kinds of ratings Drive was getting...and we know what happened with that show. FOX hasn't officially canceled TSCC yet, but no new episodes have been ordered. So the minute they finish filming the last episode that's been written so far, production will shut down.

In the meantime, Dollhouse has been penciled in to start in TSCC's timeslot in January. Which I guess means things could change between now and then, but that's how things stand at the moment. But I wonder if the folks at FOX are still having reservations about the show.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #66
chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
Terminator: The Sara Conner Chronicles is on the brink of cancellation. It's getting the same kinds of ratings Drive was getting...and we know what happened with that show. FOX hasn't officially canceled TSCC yet, but no new episodes have been ordered. So the minute they finish filming the last episode that's been written so far, production will shut down.
Man, I'm bummed about that. I didn't expect to enjoy T:SCC as much as I have, but it's totally won me over and I think it's steadily improving.

I don't know if FOX is doing themselves any favors by replacing it with Dollhouse. It seems like another overpacked show with too much going on and this vague plot concept. The ads I saw for it weren't really inspiring. It just seems like I'd have to work at watching it, and any show I have to actually work to understand just seems to slip off my tivo these days. And Joss? With his history? I bet FOX gives it five episodes before the big ax.
chatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #67
tojoson

More changes to Dollhoise.

here
Old 10-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #68
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post

here
I couldn't even get all the wade through that steaming pile that was the entry on Whedonesque that they reposted. I'm surprised the man's head can even fit through doors anymore. I love how it's all, "oh well, I sold the network on this show but they were expecting this other show." With him, it's always the network's fault
Old 10-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #69
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
I'd watch a show called Dollhoise.

Edit: If you're wondering where DeKnight's going, Starz is making another series based on a movie.

Last edited by SamIAm; 10-28-2008 at 03:03 PM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #70
ophelia

Wow. I don't know about anyone else-- but I don't particularly find it reassuring that they must be having to create flow charts to keep track of who has met and who hasn't and what has happened and what hasn't since it has changed so many times.

Maybe they can pull something resembling sanity out--- but yeesh.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #71
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

A new Dollhouse promo on YouTube.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #72
chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
A new Dollhouse promo on YouTube.
Okay, that promo actually looked pretty cool. It actually looked interesting and not like a giant convoluted headachy mess. I'm still a little leery, but I may have to check out the pilot. (version 3?)
chatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 AM   #73
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Apparently, Fox is determined to kill both Dollhouse and T:TSCC.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #74
tojoson

another blog that thinks Dollhouse is in trounle

here
Old 12-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #75
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I really wish people would stop blaming FOX for all of Dollshouse issues. Some of it has to reside with Whedon and his prodcution staff.

As well as ED who, let's face it, pretty much plays the same character in just about all her movies/shows.