Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Queen Of Tact
Because she's our Cordy!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie *possible spoilers*

So I just got home from seeing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I'm still not sure what i think of it yet.... As a movie alone it was very good. As an adaptation from the book not so good.... IMO this movie is better seen when you haven't read the book or not a really big fan of the book...

1) To many things that happened in the book not in the movie
2) To many things in the movie that never happened in the book
3) Loved Luna!
4) Not enough Tonks

I'm only going to give this movie 2 1/2 stars 3 if i really want to push it...

CC
Breathe your beauty into me

By Tara Maclean

Charisma's Bitche #5
Team Cordy #190
Queen Of Tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:56 AM   #2
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

I really enjoyed it. After all, there's only so much you can do in 2 hours and I had no problem with how they chose to do it. Some characters were obviously combinations of each other in order to avoid cast bloat, and I'm sure it was a lot easier to add a scene that never existed in the book in order to avoid a half hour of dialogue, but overall I think they served the book well.

Good job.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
stormy
Hopeless Romantic

I cannot believe some of the stuff they changed!! Grimmauld Place does NOT appear like that! UGHHH!

And the stuff they left out was just unbelievable. I know why they left out all the quidditch and stuff like that. Fine. But OOtP was where we found out something hugely important about Snape!! and they left it out!!

On a more positive note, loved the girl that played Luna, but I missed Hermione. She didn't have enought screen time for me. I also loved Fred and George throughout the whole movie. Also Neville. Was it just me or did Ron totally not have hardly any lines?

The effects were brilliant.

www.denimday.com
stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I have to admit I'm kind of blah on the movie. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. The movie failed to capitalize on it's potential, I thought the opening scene of Harry and Dudley with the Dementors was fantastic. Sadly it was the last scene to actually envoke an emotion. I think the only character to actually get to me was Umbridge.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I laughed like a madman when the goat showed up in the Hog's Head. That was the high point of the movie though.

That said, I'd watch this every day for the rest of my life if it meant I could forget PoA.