Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #61
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Man, poor Karen Allen isn't even an after thought for the "reporters" is she? If I didn't see her in the trailer I'd swear Marion was a figment of my imagination

Terry - Thanks for the link
Old 05-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #62
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Only four more days...

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:30 AM   #63
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne View Post
Only four more days...
Already have my ticket for the Wednesday (Thursday) midnight show....
Old 05-19-2008, 09:10 AM   #64
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Already have my ticket for the Wednesday (Thursday) midnight show....
Good for you. We'll be slogging it out with everybody else on Thursday. Hubby has the day off though, so we'll most likely be able to beat the crowds. Although with all of the 10 + screen theaters these days, crowds aren't what they used to be, are they? I kind of miss those days.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #65
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I have school on Thursday and a wedding on Friday. I don't think I'll get to see Indy IV until Saturday or Sunday

I should probably buy my tickets now, just to make sure I get to see it this weekend.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #66
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

...So, anybody else see one of the midnight shows?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #67
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
...So, anybody else see one of the midnight shows?

I did.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #68
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch View Post
I did.
Yeah, this is an Indy movie, all right. Soup to nuts. I don't want to spoil anyone, seeing as how it doesn't really open until today, but I can say that much.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #69
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

I had an "eh" reaction. I suppose because I was 16 when the last one came out, and I'm now 35. Big perspective difference there. Plus, I missed the middle eastern/Biblical/Nazi aspect. The Mayan/Peruvian thing was nice as a change, but I didn't dig it as much.

Plus, I have to admit, I thought the story was kind of fanficcy in its impetus and resolution.

But that's just me.

What I did like? All the rocking of the bow ties. Much bow tie love in this movie.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #70
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Well, I admit I loved it, but that's probably as much as anything because Harrison Ford just really can do no wrong in the role. One reviewer even pointed out that he's so natural as Indy that his costars often look like they're faking it by comparison.

Plus I loved the geeky professorial bits, which a few people have pointed out as their least favorite parts. The academic exposition may slow down the action a little, but for me that's what makes Indy unique in all the world among action heroes, and the more the better.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #71
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I can't wait to see this movie. I really hope it lives up to my expectations. Stupid Friday wedding, ruining my fun.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #72
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

We just got back from seeing it and we really enjoyed it! Like you've already said Penny, it's an Indy movie, from soup to nuts. What I've always loved about Indy movies was there, and even what I haven't always loved about Indy movies was there.

I won't spoil it for anyone of course, but I know a lot of the fears I had about it were totally unfounded. And I had quite a few. Probably because I was 100% unspoiled for any of it. Other than that one pic of HF in the Indy gear that came out quite a few months back, I avoided the mere mention of the film like the plague and I'm glad I did.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #73
DamnSkippy

I loved Indy one and three but despised Temple of Doom. I hated Kate Capshaw, hated the bad guys, hated the gross eyeball soup, etc., etc. How would you say this one compares to ToD in feel? Since I'm just finding out it's not Nazi related, I'm afraid it will be more along the ToD spectrum.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #74
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I loved Indy one and three but despised Temple of Doom. I hated Kate Capshaw, hated the bad guys, hated the gross eyeball soup, etc., etc. How would you say this one compares to ToD in feel?
Totally different animal. In some ways, it's not like any of them, which actually is kind of good.

I'm one of the deviates who actually liked ToD and some of the themes it broached, but could've done without some of the gratuitous gross-out stuff. Nothing to worry about in that regard.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #75
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
I'm one of the deviates who actually liked ToD and some of the themes it broached, but could've done without some of the gratuitous gross-out stuff. Nothing to worry about in that regard.
I am with you. ToD is actually my fave of the three. As much as Raiders is the "classic", that is the one I like the least and almost never rewatch.

I am just hoping my husband can hold out until Sunday to see it. I wouldn't be surprised if he called off his shift tonight and went to a midnight showing. LOL