Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2007, 02:07 AM   #1
misbegotten3

Talking THE DARK KNIGHT teaser.

The teaser for THE DARK KNIGHT is at the front of THE SIMPSON'S movie. It's minimal, but effective: The Bat symbol highlighted and burned away by flashes of light, while Alfred and Bruce discuss a certain Clown Prince of crime. Alfred's descripion is especially noteworthy:

"You crossed the line first, sir. You hammered them. And in their desperation they turned to a man they didn't fully understand. Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just wanna watch the world burn."

Then just as the Bat symbol is almost completely burned away you hear the Joker promise to kill a bunch of people and than laugh maniacally. It finishes on a Joker card flying towards the screen.

Be on the look out.

Unfortunately if you see THE SIMPSON'S you'll probably also see the preview for ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS; which will make you want to break things.
misbegotten3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Childe of Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by misbegotten3 View Post
Unfortunately if you see THE SIMPSON'S you'll probably also see the preview for ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS; which will make you want to break things.
I dread the Smurf trailer that will be appearing soon.
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childe of Blade View Post
I dread the Smurf trailer that will be appearing soon.
On the other hand, we should be seeing trailers for the Wachowski Brothers' Speed Racer before long. That might be worth a trip all by itself.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misbegotten3 View Post
Oh, I don't know. As long as there are absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever in Alvin & the Chipmunks, it should be great. If they remix that Christmas song for the movie, it'll be The Best Movie Ever!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
stormy
Hopeless Romantic

Why or why do they keep remaking my childhood? Are there no new ideas out there?

www.denimday.com
stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
misbegotten3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Why or why do they keep remaking my childhood? Are there no new ideas out there?
Because 95 % of what Hollywood produces is material that has already been distributed in a different medium, i.e. comic books, novels or saturday morning cartoons. A producer who spoke at a class of mine explained that the prevailing theory is if someone has already put money into it something, than it must have some market worth. No matter how suspect the source material may be.

Which is why when something truly original-truly exceptional does come along its worth noting--like last years THE FOUNTAIN or the one-shot Russian wonder THE RUSSIAN ARK.

Now, certainly THE DARK KNIGHT isn't exactly the most original thing to come along, but BATMAN BEGINS was an exceptional work. Christopher Nolan's vision of the caped crusader produced not only one of the top comic book movies ever made but just a great film in general. And all the news coming out about THE DARK KNIGHT has done little to dampen my excitement. The latest out of WizardWorld in Chicago last week is no exception.

At the DARK KNIGHT panel Christopher Nolan screened a few minutes of footage, which included: Bruce Wayne meeting Harvey Dent for the first time; footage of the Batman's new motor cycle; Batman and the Joker fighting it out in an interrogation room; the Joker walking across a burning city street merciously firing a machine gun and a shot that all but confirms there will be at least an appearance by Two-Face ("Dent! I thought you were dead!" "Half.").

Sorry if I'm coming off too much like a shrill for the Bats and the Chipmunk still makes me feel nothing but hate. I fear what will happen when they make the RAINBOW BRIGHT movie.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #7
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Why or why do they keep remaking my childhood?
Why? Because apparently The Wiz wasn't bad enough.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
misbegotten3

Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #9
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

wow, that looks interesting. thanks for sharing.