Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
Syn
insane clown girl

True Blood's Back For Another Bite!

So...True Blood starts up again on June 13th! Anyone else as stoked as I am? I've rewatched seasons one and two so many times I can quote them in my sleep. I need new episodes! NOW!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'm cautiously optimistic. The promo looks really good but I'm still bitter from the crapfest that was the Maryanne storyline.

It's back on the DVR and I'll watch it but as of right now it is not Must See TV.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
DamnSkippy

I'm kinda with you, Morrigan. I really hated the Maryanne story and the majority of S2 with the cast separated into different cities with little interaction among them was a turn off as well. So S2 didn't really leave me anxious for S3. However, I'm hoping S3 has got to be better so I'm willing to wait and see.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
Syn
insane clown girl

I must be in the minority, because I loved how effed up season two was. Anyway, the third season premiere was tonight. Anyone watch it? You know I did!

So....any thoughts? Good stuff? Bad stuff?

I was surprised about who had Bill. I've read the books and I was expecting something else entirely. I wasn't disappointed though. And I liked seeing Sophie-Ann again. And don't get me started on Eric. Sam's storyline is interesting...especially the bits with Bill! Phrowr!

I can't wait to see what happens with Jessica. And Tara! Oh! I'm seriously geeking out over here. *dies*
Old 06-14-2010, 12:35 AM   #5
Pythia

I remembered from the books, Alcide's girlfriend was involved in torturing Bill; So I think perhaps the wolves/shifters would be the main culprits in the show with Lorena taking advantage of the situation. It looks like Tara's vampires get merged for the show and I wonder if she might meet him through Lafayette and his work for Eric. Speaking of Eric, Sophie-Anne seems to be pulling the rug out from under him already!
Pythia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

I liked last season too, Syn. Weirdness and all.

We just watched it this morning and I thought it was pretty good.

I figured all of the Eric fans would be having the vapors over his scenes, but as usual he does nothing for me. But neither does Bill, so it's not because of that. LOL!

What surprised me the most though was my total disconnect from Tara. She had previously been a favorite, but I almost hope she does OD. I'm tired of her for some reason.

Lafayette though? I will never tire of him. LOL!

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Livvie
nutcase

I'm a Pam Fan so it was nice to see her in so many scenes last night. That scene with her and Lafayette in the walk-in cooler...oh man...Made of so much win.

Also love Jessica so I'm happy to see they are exploring more with her. I really hope she and Hoyt can get back together.

The Bill and Sam sequence made me laugh so hard. I knew what it was from the get go and it was so over the top. I bet those two had so much fun doing it. It looked like they were going to crack up any second.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
I'm a Pam Fan so it was nice to see her in so many scenes last night. That scene with her and Lafayette in the walk-in cooler...oh man...Made of so much win.

Also love Jessica so I'm happy to see they are exploring more with her. I really hope she and Hoyt can get back together.

The Bill and Sam sequence made me laugh so hard. I knew what it was from the get go and it was so over the top. I bet those two had so much fun doing it. It looked like they were going to crack up any second.

I love Jessica too, so that was a lot of fun. Bless her heart; she just doesn't have this whole vampire thing down yet, does she? LOL.

The Bill/Sam stuff had us in stitches. Bill was so...and Sam was all... Hysterical indeed.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
Livvie
nutcase

I have to admit that I feel like such a weirdo because I could give two shits about the Bill/Sookie/Eric stuff. I would rather watch an hour of the supporting cast. LOL

I'm seriously so excited. I can't wait for next Sunday!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #10
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
I have to admit that I feel like such a weirdo because I could give two shits about the Bill/Sookie/Eric stuff. I would rather watch an hour of the supporting cast. LOL

LOL. No, you're not a weirdo because that would mean I am too. I prefer the other residents of Bon Temps as well.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 AM   #11
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne View Post
LOL. No, you're not a weirdo because that would mean I am too. I prefer the other residents of Bon Temps as well.
I knew I loved ST for a reason. LOL
Old 06-15-2010, 06:13 AM   #12
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:

Haven't watched the new episodes but I still say this show would be 10x better if they spent 20 min/episode focusing on Lafayette and Pam on the hunt for the perfect pair of shoes.

I like Eric but hate Eric/Sookie/Bill, I'd rather see Jessica, Pam, Lafayette, I find them extremely entertaining.

Haven't watched the new episode yet, just don't have the desire...not a good sign.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

So what did you all think of last night's episode? Alfre Woodard as Lafayette's mom? Loved it! She was the highlight for sure.

Tara wasn't quite as annoying, but I'm still ready for her to go. I wonder how long it will be until Jason becomes a cop? I really liked the Vampire King's palace and the excessive blood dishes on the menu cracked me up. Cruelty free. LMAO. Like free range chickens. Poor Jessica! I wonder what happened to her dead guy? And I'm not sure why, but I'm starting to get a horrible feeling that Terry might not last the season.

Looking forward to next week!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #14
Syn
insane clown girl

I absolutely loved last night's episode! There was a lot to love.

First off, poor freakin' Jessica. She loves Hoyt, but she's terrified she'll hurt him, and she's ashamed of what she did. I love that moment where he kicks the door. He's blaming himself for her turning away from him.

I loved seeing Godric again, even if he didn't do much. I honestly thought Eric and he were Nazis for a moment. (and it reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4C9Vh22z7Q). Eric was struggling with his emotions in this one, and I think we saw why. Godric taught him that to feel is to be weak, which is why he comes off as cold all of the time. With Sookie, his mask cracks.

I feel bad for Tara....but I'm really liking the new vampire, Franklin Mott. He's got bad news written all over him, and I can't wait for more. The parts with Lafayette, especially with his mother, really touched me. Now we know why he works all of those jobs. Alfre Woodard is just amazing.

The whole Russell Edgington thing...meh. They were clearly hawking the Blood-Orange Tru Blood drinks though. I kind of rolled my eyes at that one. I can't wait to see where this goes... And did anyone else see all of that hidden information that Bill has on Sookie? It's like a creepy dossier. I wonder what the family tree was about? (although I think I know)

Jason's "Santa?" is the second best line of the episode. It was so hopeful! Hotshot seems interesting so far...and I can't wait to see where Jason's storyline takes him.

The best line of the episode goes to Sookie and her impression of Bill. That killed me! Though not as much as Snoop Dogg's "Oh Sookie" video! Hah! The dancing Sookie's! "I get more p**sy than yo' brothah!" BAHWAHAHA!

Man, I love this show.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #15
Syn
insane clown girl

This episode was a complete WTF moment from start to finish....especially the finish! That scene between Lorena and Bill is just not fitting into my head. And I have a high WTF tolerance.

Other than that part, this episode was pretty great.'

Bud's meltdown killed me. Jason's stupidity...god bless his heart. Pam and the dancer. HA! Eric and Lafayette...very funny. Eric's got a great sense of humor. It's twisted, but I dig it.

The bits with Franklin and Tara have me wondering what that's about. Franklin is not a good guy...but I'm digging him like a grave. At least Tara and Sookie made up. I hate it when they fight.

This episode can be summed up in one word: ALCIDE. Hot burly werewolf? Sign me up! Someone in casting loves me because that man is so my type. Phrowr! I want!

What did everyone else think? WTF, mate? Right?