Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Syn
insane clown girl

The Walking Dead

Anyone else watching this show? Personally, zombies are one of my favorite things ever, so a whole show about a zombie apocalypse is like my kind of crack!

I loved premiere, even though it had a lot in common with 28 Days Later. The zombies are a lot scarier than I thought they'd be for TV. There were some geniunely scary moments.

So? Anyone?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #2
I Heart Dirt
Fluorescent Adolescent

I loved it too!

I've actually been reading the comics and its such a great interpretation both visually and in plot. The first episode was an expansion of a 30 page issue that was fleshes out.

My only problem with it so far is the actor that plays Shane just reminds me of the character he played on the show the Class which is like the typical dumb pot head-y sounding guy, and the actor that plays Rick is quite clearly British, but none of it mattered to me after 10 mins of the episode.

I LOVED IT.

http://www.grrlinformme.blogspot.com
I Heart Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

It's on my DVR will watch it when I get home, at first I thought it was a movie for halloween but now that I know it's a series I'm kind of excited for it.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Syn
insane clown girl

That zombie that was crawling in the park....that was seriously the best, scariest zombie ever. The bone legs! Ugh! It just got me! I was so creeped out!

Then there was that moment where he rounded the corner and all the zombies---or is it walkers on this show?---were all massed up in a group... I actually squeaked and drew my legs up, which is a sure sign that I'm actually scared.

Any show that can do that to me gets my seal of approval! I can't wait for more!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Dathan
Buttkicking for goodness

delurks

Ok, so I've been reading the comics since the beginning and am a huge fan of the zombie apocalypse genre (and was so a long time before the current fad was born) and I have to say the show is amazing.

If they keep up the production quality, the emotional impact, AND the intensity of the plot even for a few episodes, I'm going to go ahead and say this may be the best representation of the zombie genre since the original Night of Living Dead. Zombies don't have to spew goo on half naked starlets or be olympic level sprinters in order to be scary, and yes, when he rounded the corner and saw the massed walkers standing there...definitely an "oh crap" moment.

I don't want to talk too much because people haven't seen it yet, but even if you don't like zombies per se, treat yourself to a great example of building tension and building horror and watch the episode.

/delurks

RIP Gary Gygax, 1938-2008
RIP Michael Turner, 1971-2008
RIP Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
--This year sucks
Dathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
That zombie that was crawling in the park....that was seriously the best, scariest zombie ever. The bone legs! Ugh! It just got me! I was so creeped out!
My exact words when that part came on: "Oh my god! Gross! (beat) This is awesome!"

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Late to the party, but I finished the pilot, finally. Usually I couldn't care less about zombies (more a vampire guy), but this one worked. I mean, anytime you can feel sorry for a half-person crawling across the park, well... That's some kind of writing.

For anyone who did get through the final scene without FF'ing, that was a voice over the radio in the tank, right? So it's probably not a stretch to assume the military, such as it is, is running their own game in Atlanta?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

That was awesome and it had excellent ratings to boot, 5.34 million viewers.

The beginning did seem a bit like 28 Days Later but I was OK with it. I really like most of the characters and look forward to the eventual Lori/Rick/Shane reunion.

I have to admit that I had to watch that final scene in Atlanta near the tank on FF and will go to the end saying the horsey ran away.

I do wonder if they'll be able to sustain a Zombie series in the long run, just not sure if it'll work but as of right now I am hooked for the duration.