Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
brownsbros3

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Post Show Opinion Survey

As many of you know, I've done two previous Angel surveys for the site. Since I had so much fun with those, I decided to come up with a Buffy opinion survey. There will be 25 questions. Some of these are my own, and some are based off of different posts that I've read on various websites. There are no right or wrong answers. Answers may be posted here, sent to me by private message, or e-mailed to me at brownsbros3@yahoo.com. I'll give everyone that wishes to participate two weeks from tonight to send it in. On to the questions:

1.) Given the limited usage of Cordelia should she have been a recurring cast member like Angel in BTVS season one?
2.) Did the writers get Angel and Buffy together too quickly?
3.) After seeing what Darla was capable of on Angel, do you feel that they killed her off too soon on BTVS?
4.) In BTVS seasons 2-3, did they overdo it on the melodrama between Buffy and Angel?
5.) After seeing Eliza Dushku's scene stealing performances was there too much Faith in season three? Not enough? Just right?
6.) Did the writers break up Xander and Cordelia too soon in season three?
7.) Even after getting his own series, Angel still crossed back over to Buffy for two appearances in season 4, two in season 5, and the two-part finale. Do you feel these appearances were necessary or unnecessary?
8.) With all of the Buffy characters that crossed over to Angel, would you have liked for some of the Angel characters to cross over to Buffy?
9.) Because of Seth Green leaving the series something had to be done about Oz and Willow. Did you like the idea of them breaking up in season four because of his side fling, or should they have maybe had him go on tour with his band and he and Willow have some sort of long distance relationship?
10.) Which female sidekick did you prefer for evil Spike, Harmony or Drusilla?
11.) In the first episode of season five, Buffy faced off with "The King of All Vampires" Count Dracula. Should the episode have been darker and scarier than what it was?
12.) Were Buffy and Riley broken up too soon?
13.) Should BTVS have ended with the season five finale "the Gift"?
14.) Buffy's interaction with Spike in season six; sexy, creepy, or a little of both?
15.) Do you see Buffy and Spike as having their own relationship, or as a rehash of Buffy/Angel?
16.) Nicholas Brendon and Sarah Michelle Gellar pitched to the producers a Buffy/Xander ship for season seven, would this have been something that you think they should have tried?
17.) Did you prefer Spike as a hero or a villain?
18.) Despite all the shenanigans he pulled, Andrew wound up a member of the Scooby Gang in season seven. Was this a good idea or a bad idea on the writers' part?
19.) Did Willow get together with Kennedy too soon after Tara's death?
20.) Were there too many characters in season seven?
21.) Should former regular cast members Charisma Carpenter, Marc Blucas, and Seth Green been invited back for the finale? (Note from BB3: Had Tara not been deceased I would have included Amber Benson in this question as well.)
22.) Had they taken BTVS as far as it could go, or do you think they could have done a season 8?
23.) Over the show's seven seasons, did they have too many characters comeback from the dead?
24.) Which of the good guys on the show had the most memorable death? Buffy (either one), Jenny, Angel, Joyce, Tara, Anya, or Spike?
25.) Who is your favorite Buffy Big Bad? The Master (Season 1), Angelus (Season 2), The Mayor (Season 3), Adam (Season 4), Glory (Season 5), Evil Willow (Season 6), or Caleb(Season 7)?
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
rousedower
cancelled

1.) Given the limited usage of Cordelia should she have been a recurring cast member like Angel in BTVS season one? Probably.
2.) Did the writers get Angel and Buffy together too quickly? Kinda of. You knew from their very first scene together that they were gonna hook up though.
3.) After seeing what Darla was capable of on Angel, do you feel that they killed her off too soon on BTVS? No, but the ATS writers should have taken that into consideration.
4.) In BTVS seasons 2-3, did they overdo it on the melodrama between Buffy and Angel? Yes.
5.) After seeing Eliza Dushku's scene stealing performances was there too much Faith in season three? Not enough? Just right? Too much.
6.) Did the writers break up Xander and Cordelia too soon in season three? No.
7.) Even after getting his own series, Angel still crossed back over to Buffy for two appearances in season 4, two in season 5, and the two-part finale. Do you feel these appearances were necessary or unnecessary? A combo of both.
8.) With all of the Buffy characters that crossed over to Angel, would you have liked for some of the Angel characters to cross over to Buffy? No.
9.) Because of Seth Green leaving the series something had to be done about Oz and Willow. Did you like the idea of them breaking up in season four because of his side fling, or should they have maybe had him go on tour with his band and he and Willow have some sort of long distance relationship? Didn't care.
10.) Which female sidekick did you prefer for evil Spike, Harmony or Drusilla? Dru.
11.) In the first episode of season five, Buffy faced off with "The King of All Vampires" Count Dracula. Should the episode have been darker and scarier than what it was? Don't know.
12.) Were Buffy and Riley broken up too soon? No.
13.) Should BTVS have ended with the season five finale "the Gift"? Yes.
14.) Buffy's interaction with Spike in season six; sexy, creepy, or a little of both? Creepy.
15.) Do you see Buffy and Spike as having their own relationship, or as a rehash of Buffy/Angel? Everything on BTVS is about B/A.
16.) Nicholas Brendon and Sarah Michelle Gellar pitched to the producers a Buffy/Xander ship for season seven, would this have been something that you think they should have tried? Yes.
17.) Did you prefer Spike as a hero or a villain? Villain.
18.) Despite all the shenanigans he pulled, Andrew wound up a member of the Scooby Gang in season seven. Was this a good idea or a bad idea on the writers' part? Bad idea.
19.) Did Willow get together with Kennedy too soon after Tara's death? Didn't care.
20.) Were there too many characters in season seven? Didn't watch.
21.) Should former regular cast members Charisma Carpenter, Marc Blucas, and Seth Green been invited back for the finale? (Note from BB3: Had Tara not been deceased I would have included Amber Benson in this question as well.) Sure.
22.) Had they taken BTVS as far as it could go, or do you think they could have done a season 8? It was done after S5.
23.) Over the show's seven seasons, did they have too many characters comeback from the dead? Yes.
24.) Which of the good guys on the show had the most memorable death? Buffy (either one), Jenny, Angel, Joyce, Tara, Anya, or Spike? Hate to say it but, Angel.
25.) Who is your favorite Buffy Big Bad? The Master (Season 1), Angelus (Season 2), The Mayor (Season 3), Adam (Season 4), Glory (Season 5), Evil Willow (Season 6), or Caleb(Season 7)? I guess the Mayor. I would say Angelus if he hadn't been all about Buffy.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:42 PM   #3
LaLa247
Wooo!

1.) Given the limited usage of Cordelia should she have been a recurring cast member like Angel in BTVS season one?
Nah. I think even from early on, it was clear that Cordy wasn't your regular bitchy rich girl. Her eps in S1 and early S2 were highlights.

Episode two? Hell yes.

3.) After seeing what Darla was capable of on Angel, do you feel that they killed her off too soon on BTVS?
Yep. After what we saw on AtS, what happened on BtVS didn't really fit.

4.) In BTVS seasons 2-3, did they overdo it on the melodrama between Buffy and Angel?
"When you kiss me, I want to die", "my lovah"...'nuff said.

5.) After seeing Eliza Dushku's scene stealing performances was there too much Faith in season three? Not enough? Just right?
I was never big on Faith, I thought she was better as the villian, then in small doses. In S3, she was just right.

No, because it had to happen- Cordy was going to LA. However, I wish they would've broken them up differently because it just pissed me off. Picking Willow over Cordy...really, now...

7.) Even after getting his own series, Angel still crossed back over to Buffy for two appearances in season 4, two in season 5, and the two-part finale. Do you feel these appearances were necessary or unnecessary?
Completely uncessary. None of them were needed, especially when he went to apologize to Buffy for her error. Unbelievable.

8.) With all of the Buffy characters that crossed over to Angel, would you have liked for some of the Angel characters to cross over to Buffy?
Only Gunn, so he could scoff at the silly white people. Seriously, no. The shows should've been kept completely separate.

9.) Because of Seth Green leaving the series something had to be done about Oz and Willow. Did you like the idea of them breaking up in season four because of his side fling, or should they have maybe had him go on tour with his band and he and Willow have some sort of long distance relationship?
Oh, I didn't care either way.

Drusilla. Harmony annoyed the shit out of me.

11.) In the first episode of season five, Buffy faced off with "The King of All Vampires" Count Dracula. Should the episode have been darker and scarier than what it was?
With the exception of Brainwashed!Xander, the episode was a waste. Even if it was darker and scarier, it would've been silly.

Nah. Buffy's luck had run out with Riley, and he left at the right time.

Hell to the yes.

14.) Buffy's interaction with Spike in season six; sexy, creepy, or a little of both?
Sexy. Then again, stuff like that is hot to me. But...the crap with the stealing her panties was creepy. So, both.

15.) Do you see Buffy and Spike as having their own relationship, or as a rehash of Buffy/Angel?
They had their own. I think Spike was definitely more tender with Buffy, and he treated her as a person, and they seemed to connect far more than B/A. Angel and Buffy just seemed always distant with each other.

16.) Nicholas Brendon and Sarah Michelle Gellar pitched to the producers a Buffy/Xander ship for season seven, would this have been something that you think they should have tried?
Most def. The signs were there, dammit.

Both. I can't choose- even when he was a hero he was bad. LOL

18.) Despite all the shenanigans he pulled, Andrew wound up a member of the Scooby Gang in season seven. Was this a good idea or a bad idea on the writers' part?
Very, very bad. Seriously bad. One of the reasons I gave up on BtVS in its final season.

They shouldn't have gotten together at all.

Nah, all forty-seven of them worked out.

21.) Should former regular cast members Charisma Carpenter, Marc Blucas, and Seth Green been invited back for the finale? (Note from BB3: Had Tara not been deceased I would have included Amber Benson in this question as well.)
My theory was, if you were gonna invite Angel, you had to invite Cordy.

22.) Had they taken BTVS as far as it could go, or do you think they could have done a season 8?
It was taken as far as it could go by S5. Everything after was a lot of filler.

23.) Over the show's seven seasons, did they have too many characters comeback from the dead?
How many came back from the dead?

24.) Which of the good guys on the show had the most memorable death? Buffy (either one), Jenny, Angel, Joyce, Tara, Anya, or Spike?
Jenny- just for the suspense of it; and Joyce, because it was actually real. No demons, no supernatural stuff...she died of natural causes.

25.) Who is your favorite Buffy Big Bad? The Master (Season 1), Angelus (Season 2), The Mayor (Season 3), Adam (Season 4), Glory (Season 5), Evil Willow (Season 6), or Caleb(Season 7)?
Angelus.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:10 AM   #4
k8316

sure

too soon, not at all...who's to say.

no

uh, yeah. waay to much. most miserable people i ever saw that needed to be together but were miserable together. but they lurved each other... blech.

i thougth it ws just fine, but i would never object to more eliza

yeah, i thought it could have went somewhere.

7.) Even after getting his own series, Angel still crossed back over to Buffy for two appearances in season 4, two in season 5, and the two-part finale.
Do you feel these appearances were necessary or unnecessary?
pretty unnecessary i think. a phone call would have sufficed for me.

i think that could have been interesting. gunn could have went over there and regulated.

well, tv wise i dont think the long distance thing would have worked out at all, but also being the willow/tara lover that i am, i have to say the breakup was right.

Dru all the way

It should have been better. lol. it was just so blah.

no. i had enough of them.

i think it would have better an awesome ending but i dont think it should have ended there (well, that's a hard one b.c it all goes to shit after season 5...but i think i would have been bummed if B died--it would be like xena all over again)

a little of both until he tried to rape her, then i was just not having any of that

i didnt see it as a rehash, but i didnt like it too much better either.

yeah absolutely. anything would have been better than what we got for season 7. was xander even in s7?? i think i saw him run in and out of my screen once or twice...and then he lost an eye. hmmm

villiain

i thought andrew was the shining spot of season 7, not saying a whole lot, but still

yes.

yes.

i still am waiting for tara to come back to life, and although she is not included in this question she is the only one i would have liked to see come back. So Tara.

no, i think it died a season and a half ago.

isnt that what they do? its never too many. now, they shouldnt have killed so many. *cries *TARA*cries*

i have to go with Joyce. it was just a stellar episode. one of my faves.

the mayor was great, then glory becasue you gotta love a big bad that has as many hair products as i suspect she has.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:46 AM   #5
Childe of Blade

No, she was good for comic relief and the occasional indepth storyline.

Absolutely.

Definately, it just didn't make sense to kill her off so quickly on one show and make her a focal point for one and a half seasons on another.

Uh..DUR!!! Seriously, Ross and Rachel and their most melodramatic(TOW The Morning After) were infinately more stomachable.

I think there was just enough. The first half of the season was just laying in the groundwork and the second half showed some great character development.

No, and they definately should have made Xander pay more. What I wouldn't give to see a crossover where Wes and/or Gunn pound the crap out of the little snot for making a crack about Cordy.

Pangs: Phone call would have sufficed.
Yoko Factor: Horrible, unnecessary crossover, this served no purpose than to make Angel look like Buffy's lapdog even moreso.
Fool for love: This was a good one, it tied Spike history in with Angel's and actually connected well with Darla from the other series.
Forever: Not necessary, why not have Angel still be beige and insult Buffy about it, it would have made for more interesting storylines.
Two part season finale: Worst ever, the character of Angel regressed four years and made him look like a vapid asshole sonsidering the recent developments with Cordelia.

Sure, tit for tat, maybe Cordelia could have crossed over at the same times Angel did, that way when Buffy went for one of her patented insults Angel could snap at her.

HArd to say, I like Oz, but I also like Tara.

Dru, hands down, Harmony was cute but too annoying.

No, I think it was meant to be a bit of a spoof.

Nah, right time.

Some say yes, and considering the way some characters were treated, maybe it should have, but on the other hand it would have left too many other characters with loose ends. Plus, the sixth season contains my favorite episode, OMWF.

Bit of both.

Their own, they didn't use melodrama to talk, instead they treated each other like people, not a shakespearian tragedy.

Both.

Never really been a big Andrew fan, so I'll go with "Don't care".

No.

Yup, way too many.

Charisma, definately.
Seth, yup.
MArc, no, his story was pretty well wrapped in "As We Were"

Far as it could go.

Technically, there was only two, Angel(FH&T) and Buffy(Bargaining), so no.

Tara or Joyce, they were the most shocking.

Angelus.
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
Does it matter now?

Quote:
Um. Never thought about it and now that I'm trying to, I find I don't care. LOL.

Quote:
No. That was an actual good character beat for Angel -- pretty much the only one he ever got on BtVS.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
I enjoyed Faith, especially Faith and THe Mayor's evil version of the father/daughter vibe.

Quote:
Not for me. I was never a C/X fan. Didn't hate them but wasn't invested either.
Quote:
Every single one was unnecessary.

Quote:
Crossovers were stupid.

Quote:
I always felt they broke up more because of a) They never really dealt with Willow's fling with Xander and b) Oz felt he had to learn to control the wolf better. And I was fine with how it happened.

Quote:
Drusilla is not a sidekick. Harmony is. So sidekick wise Harmony. But I actually preferred Spike being Dru's paramour.

Quote:
I don't know. Don't really care. But it was definitely not one of the better episodes. Though as a fan of Geller's since her All My Children days I got a kick out of seeing her with the guy who played Dracula. They were hot on AMC. LOL. And that guy, he's played Dracula a time to many in his career.

Quote:
Since I'm an actual Riley/Buffy fan, I think they mishandled Riley completely in Season Five and that yes they broke up way too soon.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
To me neither, it didn't make much of an impression on me either way. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

Quote:
Their own.

Quote:
Yes. It truly think it would have been the correct move considering the beginning of the series with Xander's crush and Buffy's foray to Supernatural men to have her grow up and realize that Xander was worthy and right for her. A full circle kind of thing.

Quote:
Villian.

Quote:
Idiotic.

Quote:
Hell yeah.

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Since i believe it should have ended Season Five, my answer here should be obvious.

Quote:
Only Buffy's many resurrections were overdone.

Quote:
None of the above really. But I guess Joyce since it was the only realistic death.

Quote:
The Mayor.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

1.) Given the limited usage of Cordelia should she have been a recurring cast member like Angel in BTVS season one? No, Cordelia though limited, was a VERY important part of Season 1.

2.) Did the writers get Angel and Buffy together too quickly? It felt right. They did take too long in splitting them up. He should have left at the beginning of season 3.

3.) After seeing what Darla was capable of on Angel, do you feel that they killed her off too soon on BTVS? Darla's ressurrection was fine, they played it just right.

4.) In BTVS seasons 2-3, did they overdo it on the melodrama between Buffy and Angel? 30 seconds of melodrama free Buffy worked just fine.

5.) After seeing Eliza Dushku's scene stealing performances was there too much Faith in season three? Not enough? Just right? A little too much around the middle. Wanted more of Xander, Oz and Cordelia.

6.) Did the writers break up Xander and Cordelia too soon in season three? No.

7.) Even after getting his own series, Angel still crossed back over to Buffy for two appearances in season 4, two in season 5, and the two-part finale. Do you feel these appearances were necessary or unnecessary? A little of both. I think the only justified ones were the two in season 5. One in a flashback and one to comfort Buffy.

8.) With all of the Buffy characters that crossed over to Angel, would you have liked for some of the Angel characters to cross over to Buffy? Not too bothered.

9.) Because of Seth Green leaving the series something had to be done about Oz and Willow. Did you like the idea of them breaking up in season four because of his side fling, or should they have maybe had him go on tour with his band and he and Willow have some sort of long distance relationship? It was fine how it was.

10.) Which female sidekick did you prefer for evil Spike, Harmony or Drusilla? Spike was the better sidekick for Drusilla.

11.) In the first episode of season five, Buffy faced off with "The King of All Vampires" Count Dracula. Should the episode have been darker and scarier than what it was?I actually liked the episode.

12.) Were Buffy and Riley broken up too soon? No. They broke up at the right time, but I don't like they did it over three or four Riley heavy episodes.

13.) Should BTVS have ended with the season five finale "the Gift"? A world of yes.

14.) Buffy's interaction with Spike in season six; sexy, creepy, or a little of both? A little of both.

15.) Do you see Buffy and Spike as having their own relationship, or as a rehash of Buffy/Angel? Totally different

16.) Nicholas Brendon and Sarah Michelle Gellar pitched to the producers a Buffy/Xander ship for season seven, would this have been something that you think they should have tried? Season 7 was supposedly about going back to the beginning, it would have been a nice mirror had Buffy found herself having feelings for Xander.

17.) Did you prefer Spike as a hero or a villain? As a villain.

18.) Despite all the shenanigans he pulled, Andrew wound up a member of the Scooby Gang in season seven. Was this a good idea or a bad idea on the writers' part? He was an amusing character, but they had too many. Many of his lines could have gone to Anya.

19.) Did Willow get together with Kennedy too soon after Tara's death? I think so.

20.) Were there too many characters in season seven? Yes. Anya, Xander, Dawn and for once even Willow were underused toward the end.

21.) Should former regular cast members Charisma Carpenter, Marc Blucas, and Seth Green been invited back for the finale? (Note from BB3: Had Tara not been deceased I would have included Amber Benson in this question as well.) It would have been nice to have Cordelia back in some form or another. But the one who I felt would have actually worked the most in that episode was Amber Benson. When Willow was at the end doing the big old spell with the glowing white light, I thought the First might have tried to stop her, appearing to her in the form of Tara. What would have been nice, is if on the other side, as Willow was struggling to hold on, and First!Tara was being evil to her, if Ghost!Tara had appeared and helped Willow through it.

22.) Had they taken BTVS as far as it could go, or do you think they could have done a season 8? No more.

23.) Over the show's seven seasons, did they have too many characters comeback from the dead? The only one I didn't like was Buffy's second.

24.) Which of the good guys on the show had the most memorable death? Buffy (either one), Jenny, Angel, Joyce, Tara, Anya, or Spike? I still maintain Angel was never killed!! He is a vampire he can not be killed by being impaled on a sword. He was sent to hell, which was established was like the demon dimension Buffy visited in Anne. She certainly wasn't dead. Jenny's was the most memorabel simply because it was the first. Anya's and Tara's are up there on gore.

25.) Who is your favorite Buffy Big Bad? The Master (Season 1), Angelus (Season 2), The Mayor (Season 3), Adam (Season 4), Glory (Season 5), Evil Willow (Season 6), or Caleb(Season 7)? Hmm, Glory. I liked Glory.

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #8
Delenn
C/A - 5 yrs. & counting.

Yes

No, I think they handled it pretty well. I think they pushed the relationship more in Season Three.

I think they really did not have a good place for her on BTVS...they had too many other baddies and characters to go through. I was happy to have Darla be part of AtS, as it gave the new spin-off some continuity, and yet new ways to parlay that character.

Yep.

I thought just about right.

Yes. I also feel that after the break up, they made Cordelia turn totally bitchy way too much and too quickly.

Yes. They were good for the new spin-off and actually gave it some legs. HOWEVER, any more crossovers were unnecessary (ie. Season 5--ANDREW????)

yes.

Prefer how it worked out.

Dru all the way.

Yes. This episode was SO weak. I liked servant Xander tho.

I really did not get the Buffy/Riley pairing and would have rather had her be single for a while. So, I had no problem with the break up, and actually thought they had some interesting points with Riley showing that he understood that he loved her, but she could not seem to love enough for a relationship.

YES YES YES (baring "Once More with Feeling", which was awesome).

Creepy. Stupid. Annoying.

It was about an abusive affair and I really think its pushing it to say it was a relationship.

Sure. Anything but Spuffy.

Villain, although I liked the "grey" Spike with the chip who wanted to be paid to fight demons.

Bad. idea.

I think it was another time when the writers were trying to show "hey, we wrote a gay character, SEE!" It was forced and annoying and not really necessary. On the other hand, I did not think it was too soon after Tara's death (although I felt that the show did not acknowledge the death very well), and I did like to see Willow trying to get back to life and living.

Season seven? There was no stink' season seven.

Sure, why not.

Should have ended at Season 5.

I am unsure if that many did come back from the dead.

I initially said Tara, but that was memorable as to how they botched a death and its aftermath (and although it was memorable in that way...)

I think the most memorable to me was Joyce, in that it was set aside as a more "normal" death and for this show where people die so violently, it was handled very very well.

Angelus.
Then the Mayor.
(I liked Evil Willow, it just wasn't enough of her)
Shiny Happy Person #1225
Wesley's Reading Wenches #1225

Slaying, Blogging, Whatever

Last edited by Delenn; 07-30-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Delenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #9
evil_toady

1) Cordy should've been listed as a recurring cast member during BtVS s1.

2) B/A didn't get together too quickly, but they did shove the 'ship down the audience's throats far too often.

3) Angel needed to kill Darla at the time he did to further develop as a character, but I would've love to've seen the Fanged Four altogether in s2.

4) Yes, the B/A melodrama was far too overwrought.

5) There was just enough Faith in s3.

6) You know, I actually think they shouldn't've done X/C at all. Cordelia giving up her popularity so she could help the Scoobies would've meant so much more had there not been any romance involved. And, while I certainly like Tara, Oz, and Anya, I always thought Xander and Willow should've gotten to be happy together (I know. A happy couple in the Jossverse? Never happen.)

7) All connections between Buffy and Angel, LA and Sunnydale, should've been cut after Sanctuary.

8) Well, if there absolutely had to be crossovers post-Santuary, then, yeah. I would prefer Willow in LA, or Cordy in SunnyD, as opposed to Buffy and Angel visiting eachother, though.

9) I was more or less satisfied with the way the W/O breakup was handled.

10) Spike was at his most compelling when he was with Dru.

11) The entire concept of Buffy Vs. Dracula was too silly for that ep to not be campy.

12) The B/R breakup was handled well, IMO.

13) You know, I'd usually say BtVS should've ended with The Gift, but, now that I've been thinking about it lately, I think those last three seasons were so bloated and filled with sucky plotlines and bad eps, that all the good parts could've easily fit into one season. So, IMO, the show should've ended with the s5 finale, but not necessarily with The Gift.

14) Spuffy was just wrong - the 'ship ruined those two characters.

15) I see Spuffy as being just a teensiest bit of a rehash of B/A. I can't help it - in both cases, the Slayer/vampire dynamic is there.

16) I would've much preferred B/X to B/S, and the two had a nice family type vibe at the beginning of s7.

17) Spike was at his best as a villain. He was his most intriguing as a reluctant good guy. He was grating as a "champion."

18) Andrew was a bad idea, period. If they had to make one of the geeks a Scooby, it should've been poor Jonathan.

19) W/K wasn't too soon for me, but I still feel that killing off Tara as brutally as they did just to fuel the horrific Dark!Willow plot was insulting. W/K shouldn't've happened, because Tara shouldn't've been dead, IMO.

20) Yes, there were too many potential Slayers crowding up my screen during BtVS s7. Of course, I didn't really care about most of the main characters at that point... so, whatever.

21) I would've loved to've seen CC, MB, or SG during the finale. Anything but OOC B/A kissage - eww.

22) BtVS s8? As if s6&7 weren't bad enough.

23) The only characters to be brought back from death were Darla, Buffy, and Spike. Loved what they did with Darla, but one Buffy revival was enough, and Spike should've been killed off a long time before he was.

24) Joyce had the most memorable and touching death, IMO.

25) My fav big bad? The Master.
evil_toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:42 PM   #10
Adrian_Tepes
SPD! Emergency!

[quote=brownsbros3]
[/qoute]

No. Angel was slightly more important at that point in the series compared to Cordelia.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
No because nobody even knew there would be an AtS series when they killed Darla off. She served her purpose at that point.

Quote:
Yes but it was understandable. They were learning the characters as much or more so than the actors were.

Quote:
Just right but the moments and mixture should have been handled differently.

Quote:
No the problem was the lack of follow thru on the break up.

Quote:
I think those appearances weren't needed but added nicely to the ending theme. Without them, those moments wouldn't have been as strong.

Quote:
Yes. Seeing Connor or Wes revisiting Sunndyale would have been nice.

Quote:
I think they had to be broken up but I didn't like how they handled his character throughout it.

Quote:
Evil Spike early on needed Dru, Chipped but evil Spike needed Harm.

Quote:
Depends on how they wanted to present Dracula. As they were presenting him as a joke, I thought the original version of the episode was fine. If they wanted to make him more serious, then it needed to be darker.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
50/50

Quote:
On the whole, Buffy and Spike's relationship was very different from Buffy and Angel but parts of it were similar.

Quote:
No.

That 'ship sailed a long time ago. Once Buffy started a relationship with Spike any chance she had with Xander should have and did mercifully die out. Xander's character was not a good fit for her anymore.

Quote:
I prefer Spike as a second banana whether he's a hero or a bad guy. He should be okay but constantly coming up short compared to the true heavyweight. In other words, he needs to be more like Starscream.

Quote:
No. If they were willing to make allowances for other characters then Andrew was okay. The only problem was they never really dealt with his inclusion aside from the end of Storytellers.

Quote:
Yes but that's life.

Quote:
No, there were just too few storylines and things for those characters to do.

Quote:
Only Charisma should have come back as she was there from the begining. The others wouldn't have made the same impact.

Quote:
The current ME staff took it as far as they could but not as far as the series could have gone.

Quote:
Not really. Most of the 'comebacks' amounted to little more than guest appearances. I would have liked to have seen other characters reappear like Jessie but that's about it.

Quote:
Joyce by far.

Quote:
The Mayor, delightfully evil and funny at the same time.
Adrian_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:28 PM   #11
v120176

No, I don't know why they didn't use her more at season 1, season 2 was a normal for a regular and season 3 they were preparing ATS, even at some episodes, when they didn't have the whole angst lurv, Angel was there for two minutes (Hansel & Gretel, Hepless, the first part when he was away).

Yes, but it's logic, in season 1 was mostly a teen show. The big first sight love/atraction is a classic in these kind of shows so it's understandable.

Could be, but remember this was "everybody loves Buffy", so it's impossible that someone could choose Darla over her, even if was for a little while

Season 2 was okay except the memorable "when I kiss you I want to die". Season 3 was insoportable. As I said, there were episodes where Angel was there for two scenes, and even there, you could see how miserable they were. The Love= suffering slogan made me puck.

I'd say No. It was a good idea a slayer that was not mopping and crying "why can't I be normal?". I liked when Buffy started to act more like Faith.

Maybe , yes. But it was mostly because Cordy was going to leave Sunnydale.

Unnecessary. Specially when he goes there to say how sorry he was when it was Buffy's fault. I can undertand when he went because Joyce died. And for Season 7, well he had to be there to gave Buffy the amulet that made her win the battle. You remember, the amulet that W&H send her through Angel, and of course she accepted, even when she knew W&H was evil (remember what Andrew said when he was there for Dana on ATS 5)...

No, I don't like crossover at all.

I don't know, it's the same for me.

Drusilla without any doubt.

Shouldn't have be anything because that episode was a waste of time. The only good thing was that episode inspire Anne to write C/A fiction where Dracula wants Cordy.

No

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both.

It was their own relationship.

There was something, but if after almost marry to Anya, Xander ended with the girl he liked since the beggining, that would have made Xander worst (if that possible)

Villain, but I liked chipped Spike. Hated soul-Spike.

Bad, bad, bad idea.

I didn't care at all. But, maybe yes.

YES!

Maybe Charisma and Seth.

As I said they should have ended the show at The Gift.

Well, except Angel on BTVS , and well Buffy, but she was the lead character, the real Resurrection Inc was ATS : Darla, Spike, Ghost Darla, they had planned the partial resurrection (if that exists) of Fred for ATS 6... Jenny on BTVS 3 was the First no a resurrection. So, No. Besides, Angel was a real resurrection? I mean Acathla closed his mouth and took Angel with him to the Hell dimension. I don't know if Angel "died" really at BTVS 2, he didn't trun to dust or anything, he just was absorbed to a hell dimension....

Joyce was the only natural death.

I'd say Glory: I liked the idea of a God and Buffy knowing that the Evil was way more powerfull than her. The others were more at her level. And sorry, but I found Angelus on BTVS a cartoon villain, I never understood how that idiot was the terror of Europe in his time.....

Last edited by v120176; 07-31-2005 at 06:32 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:01 AM   #12
Athlantis

Yes

Yes, they shouldn't have got them together AT ALL!!!

Yes, but I think that the real issue is that in BTVS Darla was showed like a really lame villian when she was really mean one.

Absolutely, the writers made a love relationship looked like a tragedy!

TOO MUCH!!! She shouldn't have been in Angel in the first place

I don't know if it was too soon, but the relationship had lot of potential

Unnecessary, although the first one wasn't bad but the others had no real importance in BTVS (except for the last one, but I didn't like the way the writers developed it

Yes, I would have liked Cordy AND Angel together have appear in BTVS

No, although if they had have a relationship I wouldn't have cared

10.)Which female sidekick did you prefer for evil Spike, Harmony or Drusilla?
Dru, Harmony should have stayed dead!

Yes, they shouńd have make Dracula a big bad

No

YES

Sexy

A rehash, even though I like it I think the writers should have come up with something new

Yes

A villian, a hero was too much a new Angel copy, so it wasn't new

Bad idea, she should have died

Yes

YES!!! that's the problem with the writers, they created too many new characters without developing (emotionally and in terms of background) the ones that already existed

Maybe not all of them but yes

Thank God they didn't!!! If the writers and director (singular) would have been any good then yes, but given their lacking abilities in movig forward NO WAY

Yes, in the end it was too expected (the central characters always came back!)

Jenny and she stayed dead!

I'm between two choices: Angelus but he was too obsessed over Buffy instead in been EVIL; the Mayor but the way he was defeated was too lame

”Cordelia, I’m gonna fix this. Promise. I’m gonna get you back. I need you back“-Angel

"...Hope. I have hope or I have nothing"-John
Farscape
Athlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:17 AM   #13
silveragent

No, Angel needed a girl friday and Cordy was perfect.

Yes. They also maundered on in depressing angst fest with no real resolution.

No, she wasn't really important to Buffy, except as a rival for Angel and a 16 year old girl being rivals with a much older woman for an older guy ... nah Darla went none too soon.

Yes, most definitely.

Not enough and Evil Faith was dumb. Much more threatening if Faith actually decent enough in her own way, makes Buffy less unique and more human. Better to have Faith challenge Buffy to be BETTER rather than just STRONGER.

Yes, the pairing was fun and should have ended just with HS.

Unecessary. Each show should have stood on it's own. Angel's appearance S4 were fun, after that, pro-forma and dumb.

Yes. Wes, Gunn, and of course Cordy.

I thought it was more Oz not being OK with werewolf-ism any more, but I thought that one was OK.

Harmony. It made him more futile, desperate, and dangerous.

Yes, I think so.

Definitely.

Yes, no question it should have ended then.

Creepy and damaging to all characters.

A rehash of Angel's relationship with Buffy. Doesn't make sense without the Angel history.

Yes, it could have been the only thing to save Buffy as a character that season by building her ordinary decency and compassion. Move Selfless and Potential up to say epis 2, and 3; have Xander lose the eye by Episode 6, and show Xander as the literally wounded good guy who helps save Chloe, has rapport with disabled kids, and rejects any/all magic/power chicks by standing for the ordinary guy. Buffy wants Xander, Xander doesn't want Buffy and would rather just pal around with Dawn; audience roots for Buffy to be more normal and nice as a human being and work the Buffy/Xander/Dawn friendship.

Villain.

Bad idea. Andrew should have betrayed them all, and everyone have just counted on it anyway as part of the plan.

Yes. Should have been painted as mere political opportunism on Kennedy's part.

Yes.

No, I think there were too few moments already for the main cast characters.

As far as the current writers could go. They wanted to be special so bad, and had such a fear of ordinary life, they tied themselves into knots. The literal idea of hell was ordinary life. However, the issue of the slayers having their own views, not trusting Buffy because of her vamp-screwing instead of slaying, perhaps fame as the truth is out about vamps and slayers, various governments distrusting Buffy/Willow (with reason), and tensions in the group as Giles wants a girlfriend, Xander wants a life, Dawn a state-side College education and career, etc.

Yes. Buffy, Angel, appearances by other characters. Just dumb.

Joyce. No question.

Tie: Master S1, pure evil and no nonsense; and Glory S5, pure evil and power combined with pure idiocy. Evil being stupid was a good tack.
silveragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:36 AM   #14
Adrian_Tepes
SPD! Emergency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveragent

No, Angel needed a girl friday and Cordy was perfect.
I could be wrong but I think they're asking if Cordelia like Angel, should have been a recurring character in BtVS season one.
Adrian_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:54 PM   #15
brownsbros3

Yes, I was referring to season one of BTVS, i.e. the first 12 episodes. Charisma was considered a regular cast member, although there were two episodes that she did not appear in, and a couple of others where she was used very little. Now of course in BTVS season 2 and 3 she should have absolutely been a regular character.

Angel only appeared in 7 of the first 12 episodes. David's name didn't hit the opening credits until the start of season two.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote