Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2005, 10:06 AM   #31
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

If you guys didn't know yet. There will be no Spike movie.

http://www.eonline.com/Insider/Boards/ann.jspa?annID=14

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #32
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brightside

I personally think that the whole notion is somewhat of a bad idea for all concerned. It wouldn't be a huge moneymaker, and what purpose does reviving Spike and the Buffyverse as a whole serve (by the time its life support failed, I was more than ready to pull the plug)?
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #33
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

I actually thought this movie, would make some money. Since there was so many Buffy and Angel fans. Plus most of the fans wanted a Spinoff of Spike or a movie.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:51 PM   #34
DamnSkippy

Quote:
I actually thought this movie, would make some money. Since there was so many Buffy and Angel fans. Plus most of the fans wanted a Spinoff of Spike or a movie.

I don't think I would definitively say "most of the fans" want that. A good number of internet fans would be happy with that (and quite a few wouldn't), but the general public at large who watched the show and isn't obsessed with JM or the verse at all probably wouldn't rush right out to buy it. They might've tuned in if they weren't busy if it was on TV, but paying money for it - I doubt it.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:10 PM   #35
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

That's true, maybe its better not to have a movie and let the Buffyverse actors do something else in there career. Besides doing something related to Buffy or Angel.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:16 PM   #36
Adrian_Tepes
SPD! Emergency!

Quote:

You forgot the last word, "There will be no Spike movie, yet."

It's coming, Joss will not be deterred from his path of stupidity.
Adrian_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #37
v120176

Update

here's what Wrongda wrote in E!...
http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...5/050722b.html
Quote:
"I hear there might be a Spike movie," Aly said, "which I think would be the logical character to start with, but I think there's more opportunity for the Angel crew, not the Buffy crew. Joss has talked about different things, and I think the last thing I heard him say was a straight-to-DVD-type movie."
So this is very, very different to what Wrongda claimed AH said....

And after posting the news she checked the information (that is not the right order to do the things, righ?

Quote:
Salivating that this might be the project to which James Marsters has been alluding as "in the works," I begged a friend at Fox studio for the skinny. But alas, no dice. "I can tell you there is no Buffyverse movie happening right now," she says. "At least, not at 20th Century Fox. Joss is very busy."

I, too, have heard the rumors flying around that James' next project might be Smallville, but a WB rep tells: "A huge guest star is coming up on show but not [James]. You'll find out at TCA." (And by the time you read this, you'll probably already know.) I'm also told by another source that the WB did offer to do a few Angel movies-of-the-week at the time the series was canceled, but Joss declined the offer.

Yes, Wrongda did it again!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by v120176; 07-22-2005 at 01:20 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #38
DamnSkippy

So, according to Wrongda *pinch salt*, Joss turned down Angel MOW offers. So it wasn't a case of the WB talking out of both sides of their mouths but, rather, Joss who essentially ended the Angelverse prospects on TV. Interesting.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #39
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
So it wasn't a case of the WB talking out of both sides of their mouths but, rather, Joss who essentially ended the Angelverse prospects on TV. Interesting.
Sounds like someone is playing Spin Dr.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:36 PM   #40
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Sounds like someone is playing Spin Dr.
I actually think that may be a good decision on Joss' part. He may be at a point in his career where he needs to show that he's more than a one trick pony.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:49 PM   #41
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch
I actually think that may be a good decision on Joss' part. He may be at a point in his career where he needs to show that he's more than a one trick pony.
Oh I agree it was a good decision. But he was the one espousing the possibility of MOWs to appease all the fans' screams of WB "foul" at the cancellation, so it's interesting to hear they actually did make the offer only for him to turn it down.

Last edited by DamnSkippy; 07-22-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #42
KarKar

[whinging 15 fangirl] But, but, he PROMISED us a Spike Movie!!! [/whinging 15 fangirl]

Yeah, I'm emotionally immature today, what of it?
Old 07-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #43
Kit

Don't want to start a new thread. But there's a long article about "Serenity" and how it might follow "Star Trek"'s footsteps.

Whedon Flock Ready For "Firefly" Resurrection

Quote:
In October, when Universal's co-president of marketing, Eddie Egan, booked a routine rough-cut preview in L.A.'s San Fernando Valley, he was amazed by the explosive response from the research-screening recruits who were clearly rabid "Firefly" fans. He wanted to know just how they had learned about the screening.

It turned out that one fan had identified the movie and tipped off her entire "Firefly" community (known as "browncoats") with one Internet post. Some of them had driven from Arizona and Seattle, Egan says. Universal, deciding that it had something bigger than it thought, pushed the action adventure off of its spring lineup and into the fall.
Wow. Look how they spin!

All in all...meh.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #44
silveragent

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but hasn't Whedon said over and over that FOX not himself owns Buffy, and they could put anyone they wanted on the project? Back when the show was running? So wouldn't that make Wrongda, I dunno, wrong? Hehehe.

Hmmm ... yep the Koolaide drinkers in force. Fireflop is running on Sci-Fi, can't believe how bad it is. I wonder if the movie will reach the sci-fi heights of Pluto Nash.
silveragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:56 PM   #45
jerry

Any Buffyverse project done without Joss would almost certainly fail, so even if he does not have legal control over it, he has practical control over it.

I don't think Joss has ever wanted to make TV movies. I think he just occasionally pays lip service to wanting to in order to appease the fans who still want some.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote