Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2004, 11:12 AM   #16
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Cordy's Bitch
15 people, with snark and a bunny with pancakes on its head, can rule the world.
And now you guys know why the server never crashed on February 4. We're the gods, we're the gods!!!!

But seriously, everyone knows it's the B/A'ers' fault the show got canceled. If they'd only delivered that perpetual ratings bonanza they kept Implicitly Promising, this never would have happened.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #17
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Well, well, well...

Maybe someone should have paid a bit more attention to us, hmmmm?

(And now its just a matter of time before the Die Strangers Die livejournal icons come out)
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:04 PM   #18
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by samluvsharrison
(And now its just a matter of time before the Die Strangers Die livejournal icons come out)
Ooooh, be sure to post links when they do! (It's comedy! And comedy heals the soul!!)
Old 02-16-2004, 12:18 PM   #19
Nirvana 1
Negative Creep

Not suprised. Everybody wants somebody to blame. People (some of them) who want Buffy with Angel will blame the opposers, those unhappy (some of them) with Spike on AtS will blame the opposers, those upset (some of them) with the whole Buffy+Angel4-eva! stance the show has taken will blame those supporters. It's all over the internet and is as old as the moon.
Nirvana 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:18 PM   #20
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
Mwah. Not that I've been here at Stranger-Things long but I've always been a Charisma fan and against B/A, even before I was a C/A fan. And never in my LIFE has the pairing I loved, or the things I liked ever had any power or pull...

wow.

I feel so special now. I ended a series. (um what color should that be, it was typed very damn sarcastically)??

Seriously, fandom crap never ceases to amaze me. The show ended because of a myriad of reasons, do I think that the lack of a strong and wonderful actress like Charisma was a factor. Hell yeah, do I think it should shoulder the full blame. Hell no. Personally, in I blame the disconnection of the core group that was still on the show and the heavy emphasize on Buffy -- which they are now backtracking on...hmm think they figured that out?

But a group fans? Nah I don't blame any fans. I blame the people who put the show out and the people who decide when, where and how long the show airs.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:22 PM   #21
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

If such is to be believed...

Interesting how we had not the power to keep one person on the show, yet we were able to get rid of everyone when we felt like it.
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:30 PM   #22
Little Heaven

Interesting how we had not the power to keep one person on the show, yet we were able to get rid of everyone when we felt like it.

Total, complete, butt-slapping WORD!

Little Heaven's Fanfiction
Journaly Goodness
Little Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:33 PM   #23
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Sore. Losers. They're just angry because not only is the show ending, but it looks like they have no chance in hell of getting their ship. I guess we were more numerous than they thought, huh? Basically, they are accusing us of playing by their rules and winning. Well, we didn't really play their game anyway. The show wasn't cancelled for lack of ratings, it was cancelled for WB's "Fresh new Faces".

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:37 PM   #24
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
We're like, the Tetsusaiga of AtS fandom, man. We can destroy a thousand at one blow, but we can't do squat about saving anything. You know, man?...
Old 02-16-2004, 12:39 PM   #25
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
We're like, the Tetsusaiga of AtS fandom, man. We can destroy a thousand at one blow, but we can't do squat about saving anything. You know, man?...
A truly geeky reply, Penny.

And yes. I suppose we're the nuclear hand grenade of fandom. Precision global destruction.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:42 PM   #26
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
we're the nuclear hand grenade of fandom. Precision global destruction.
I like it, can we get in at on a T-Shirt?
Old 02-16-2004, 12:50 PM   #27
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan
I like it, can we get in at on a T-Shirt?
Oh, we should. We really, really should.

Team Cordy™: Friendly As A Nuclear Hand Grenade.

And how about...

Team Cordy™: The Only Way To Win Is Not To Play.

...?
Old 02-16-2004, 12:55 PM   #28
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

I'm having flashes of some mean-spirited slogans, like:

"Our girl's dead? KILL 'EM ALL, Let Joss sort 'em out!"

But that would be bad karma. And a needlessly tramautic personal reference to the movie Uncommon Valor, starring Randall 'Tex' Cobb.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:04 PM   #29
Bertha Blue

I am SO not surprised by this. Frankly, if ANYBODY has no right to complain about not watching ATS because of one character leaving, it's that poster. When C/A was going strong - all I heard was - Angel's become a pod person, I don't recognize him anymore, C/A is incesteous, ATS has become ALL.ABOUT.CORDY., yada, *yawn.* And that they couldn't watch because of it. Far be it to actually blame those responsible (because that would be mature).
Old 02-16-2004, 01:05 PM   #30
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

oh sure NOW we exsist .........when they need someone to blame.....lol

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote