Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
tojoson

reactions on other web sites

i am really surprised at the reactions that the 100th is getting at some of the other sites.

as i read it, about 95% of the posters are now saying that they made a mistake in getting rid of CC. whether they were for C/A or aqainst they are all in agreement the she is the something that is missing from this season.

even steeldog at the WEB site, (anyone who goes there knows who steeldog is--he is THEIR resident guru/insider--like we have our chrissy), steeldog gave out a pretty good rant about the show needing CC, and in the past he has been more of a trust joss person, so that really surprised me, i even got a pretty good rant in his thread.

i am truely happy that people are starting to come around to our side.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:59 PM   #2
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

This actually makes me happy.

I know many of the posters here who still watch kept saying that something was missing w/o CC but I was worried that when she finally appeared the reaction would be well it was nice seeing Cordy again but she really doesn't fit in with the new style.

I'm glad that the general reaction seems to be, damn, now I see what we've been missing and it totally sucks
Old 02-06-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
DamnSkippy

I'm surprised about Steeldog. Now if Ladarkangel changes her tune, I'll know I'm living in an AU. But even that great news doesn't entice me to go over to the WB board. I escaped!

But it's great news that the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. Of course the only board JW cares about is the Bronze. Anybody been there?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:12 PM   #4
Bullocks
holding onto hope

I have heard rather positive reaction from fans, many fans on other boards are converting to C/A simply because of that episode, because the final scene moved them to tears. I think it is the old saying, how you never appreciate something until it's gone.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:18 PM   #5
KarKar

I love the WB board but I can't surf it at work anymore so I haven't been.

Last time I was there lord help me Cathy1 was all over me like a prom date. I was sufficiently grossed out.

Maybe I'll try this weekend.

Has anyone been to the Bronze? That seems to be the one board ME actually bothers to read.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #6
Bullocks
holding onto hope

The Bronze confuses me, so I haven't visited too often, and when I do I usually don't understand what is going on.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:42 PM   #7
Silly Gilly
RamRod

Aside from a few people who are all about making "Cordy is Dead!" celebration banners, feedback as been good about CC, DB, and AD's performances.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:09 PM   #8
KarKar

Hmmm. What about the fanforum? Is it still around? They seem to be the most obnoxious and out of control when it comes to hating people.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:28 AM   #9
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Fanforum is still around. I don't usually go there to read any of the Angel threads, but I went and checked out the 100th epi thread.

Pretty much unanimous praise for CC and the way Cordy was written. A lot of "we'll miss Cordy. She was the heart of the show. Didn't realize what was missing until now"... kind of stuff.
Lots of love for the C/A interaction. Even people who weren't necessarily C/A fans, per se, were happy to see it. One self-proclaimed die-hard B/A fan even said s/he was happy that Cordy and Angel finally kissed for real !

Will wonders never cease!?

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:37 AM   #10
EEARN1

Quote:
Originally posted by DamnSkippy
I'm surprised about Steeldog. Now if Ladarkangel changes her tune, I'll know I'm living in an AU. But even that great news doesn't entice me to go over to the WB board. I escaped!

But it's great news that the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. Of course the only board JW cares about is the Bronze. Anybody been there?
Newbie here! I post a bit @ the WB board, but I have my favorite threads. The best one is the "1000+ reasons B/A are so over!" There are alot of friendly people there, but the B/A love can flow heavy @ times. My favorite line is "You always love your first love." If that were the case, I'd be doomed! Thank God for maturity!
Old 02-07-2004, 09:27 AM   #11
Fatima
Our Girl

Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
I love the WB board but I can't surf it at work anymore so I haven't been.

Last time I was there lord help me Cathy1 was all over me like a prom date. I was sufficiently grossed out.

Maybe I'll try this weekend.

Has anyone been to the Bronze? That seems to be the one board ME actually bothers to read.
Kar, your brave. I went on the board the other day and bloody hell its like hell but worse and I don't even post.

Yes, am chicken.

I wonder if the membership at ST has increased since the 100th. Are we getting more hits? Penny?
Charisma's Bitch #9
Team Cordy™ Member #55
So Hard Gal #55 Supreme ruler
Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
~Martin Luther King Jr~

Last edited by Fatima; 02-07-2004 at 09:32 AM.
Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:49 AM   #12
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

Ducks Babble Board is as mean as ever......why oh why do I go look there......lol

Well it does make me appreciate the maturity of OUR group......lol

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:58 AM   #13
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Guys, be careful about bringing other boards' troubles here. I think we all know what the Usual Suspects will get up to, for example, so let's not worry about it. I think the tremendous response from other fan groups throughout the Web is too heartening (and too much of a shock!) for us to let the same 20 people get us down.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:31 AM   #14
califi

Nothing bad or bashing, penny, promise.

For those who enquired: I had a mooch over at the Bronze board several times after YW had been aired, and the talk was about.... BTVS. Basic chat about old Buffy eps - I think i saw one mention of YW- and CC wasn't mentioned by name, just "The guest starring" title. I don't know if its changed since thursday, but there you have it.

GoTeam C/A
califi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:17 PM   #15
Helen
Avi by Psychofilly

Quote:
Originally posted by califi
Nothing bad or bashing, penny, promise.

For those who enquired: I had a mooch over at the Bronze board several times after YW had been aired, and the talk was about.... BTVS. Basic chat about old Buffy eps - I think i saw one mention of YW- and CC wasn't mentioned by name, just "The guest starring" title. I don't know if its changed since thursday, but there you have it.
In that case then dare we assume ME has branched out to other sites to find how their last remaining show is being received??!! Oh wait- this is ME were talking about so (shrug).. not bloody likely.

Thanks for sharing.

Helen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote