Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2004, 08:03 AM   #61
LadyJubilee

Oddly enough, I would have agreed with you during Season Three...when I thought there would be real pay off to the Kewl idea. But we didn't get any payoff, none of the questions raised was ever answered.
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:24 AM   #62
fielding

I think they were. Give me an example.
fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:13 PM   #63
LadyJubilee

How did a vampire get pregnant?

What exactly was with Sahjan? If he was such a big bad, the jar "defeat" was just a little too convienent.

Why were the shadows in Birthday the same as Lullaby?

What was the import of the narrowing of Cordelia's visions to Angel?

What was the import of the graying of the lines between reality and vision?

Why exactly couldn't Angel get out of the box (let's be honest, sea water corrodes pretty quick)?

Who were the "we" Sahjan kepting talking about---and why werent' they peeved?

How did Angel so easily resist human blood, if just a taste leaves a craving?

What's with the books from Pylea?

Where'd Groo go...and how'd he get to LA?

Need more?
Old 02-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #64
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

What *exactly* do the FG remember? We know Wes remembers Lilah, but his entire relationship with her was sparked by the Connor kidnappage which separated him from his family. So why did he get with her.

When exactly did Gunn become a skirt-chaser.

When exactly did Fred become more physician than physicist.

Why did Cordelia's visions become so different. Were they warnings that she was missing, and if so why? (I'm talking that entire "club" vision where she see's Justine but fails to notice Wes/Lilah, and then later goes back into it, and fails to notice Holtz)

Why were the gang so accepting of Cordy's new powers (hello, they showed almost NO reaction).

Why exactly was the beast needed? I mean, if Jasmine wanted to be born, all she had to do was sleep with Connor, right. Why all the death and mayhem, especially if she wanted world peace. She could have slept with Connor any old time.

Anyone else got more questions for feildy?
Old 02-07-2004, 10:47 PM   #65
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by psychofilly
Isn't it past his bedtime?
Old 02-07-2004, 11:51 PM   #66
onlyann

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyJubilee

Slot A into Slot B and it was 'kewl' to have JB back

What exactly was with Sahjan? If he was such a big bad, the jar "defeat" was just a little too convienent.

easy? there was fighting

Why were the shadows in Birthday the same as Lullaby?

bad camera work

What was the import of the narrowing of Cordelia's visions to Angel?

the show is called 'Angel'

see above- if the blurr's are about Angel

Why exactly couldn't Angel get out of the box (let's be honest, sea water corrodes pretty quick)?

realism- Wesley had to have time to grow a convincing scruffy 'dark' stubble

Who were the "we" Sahjan kepting talking about---and why werent' they peeved?

royal 'we' - he was a 'big' bad

How did Angel so easily resist human blood, if just a taste leaves a craving?

it was an internal struggle that he hid from everyone even the audience- until it became 'kewl' too show the audience- didn't you know

What's with the books from Pylea?

that's was just 'kewl'

Where'd Groo go...and how'd he get to LA?

the 'kewl' Wolfram & Hart books- pay attention - please

Need more?
________
Buy vapir oxygen

Last edited by onlyann; 02-21-2011 at 02:00 AM.
onlyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:00 AM   #67
LaLa247
Wooo!

You are abusing the sarcasm font, Ann.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:01 AM   #68
onlyann

Quote:
Originally posted by psychofilly
What *exactly* do the FG remember? We know Wes remembers Lilah, but his entire relationship with her was sparked by the Connor kidnappage which separated him from his family. So why did he get with her.

She was easy and Wesley hadn't had any in awhile

When exactly did Gunn become a skirt-chaser.

when he got hair

When exactly did Fred become more physician than physicist.

when she became every man's dream

Why did Cordelia's visions become so different. Were they warnings that she was missing, and if so why? (I'm talking that entire "club" vision where she see's Justine but fails to notice Wes/Lilah, and then later goes back into it, and fails to notice Holtz)

hair dye

Why were the gang so accepting of Cordy's new powers (hello, they showed almost NO reaction).

There were late night talks and research- they just happened when Angel was visiting Sunnydale and maintaining the Buffy love- off screen- use your imagination and trust Joss

Why exactly was the beast needed? I mean, if Jasmine wanted to be born, all she had to do was sleep with Connor, right. Why all the death and mayhem, especially if she wanted world peace. She could have slept with Connor any old time.

Because CC got pregnant- get with the party line- Geez

________
Hawaii Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited by onlyann; 02-21-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:10 AM   #69
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

All right Feildann... I see now, it all makes perfect sense!!

Thank you for correcting me on my obvioulsy misguided questions. If only I could look at the show with as clear and sharp of an eye as you.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:42 AM   #70
Elisha
Classic

Oh I got questions.

Why did Joss steal my idea?

Why was Connor called The Destroyer?

What the fuck were the PTB doing when one of there own tried to take over the world?

How come Cordelia had the amnesia? That was never fully explained, did she do it to herself? Was it a part of Jasmines plan? What?

How did Skip become evil?

Did Wesley get amnesia as well, and forget what a shaver was for a year?

Whatever happened to Justine?

Whatever happened to Anne?

Hell whatever happened to Harry?

How did they get Angel’s car out of Caritas?

What happened to Angel’s car?

Why did Angel sit around and mope over Connor being kidnapped, when he spent months on a rampage just to stop Darla?

Why did Connor suddenly age two years, when he was in the human world?

Why didn’t Angel fight for Cordelia when she moved in with Connor instead of sitting around being jealous?

Why didn’t Lorne tell Angel about his ‘Slouching Towards Bethlehem’ he obviously knew something major and he knew it connected with Cordelia?

Connor forgot everything when Angel mind rapped him and the gang but does he still have the strength and abilities that he had, or is he a whole new boy?

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 01:31 AM   #71
onlyann

What does the purple font mean again? Until I go back to the FAQ- I'll leave Elisha's questions alone----

except to say... The answers all lie within the genius of Joss
________
MFLB REVIEW

Last edited by onlyann; 02-21-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:18 AM   #72
Elisha
Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by onlyann
What does the purple font mean again? Until I go back to the FAQ- I'll leave Elisha's questions alone----

except to say... The answers all lie within the genius of Joss
The purple font is deadpan.

Of course you are right, how could I ever question Joss? The man is not merely human he is god incarnated! We are all lower beings, who need to bow down before him and kiss his ass. That’s if there is any room with all those heads stuck in there.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:56 AM   #73
fielding

Okay, lots of questions here; many, however, are just silly and nitpicky so I'll just ignore those.

First of all, from LadyJubilee:

Quote:
That's easy. Even Elisha can answer that one. Jasmine took the life owed to Angel back in The Trial and used it to create Connor. Angel's soul was probably vital to the impregnation process, too.

Quote:
I must admit I found some aspects of the plotting in the Loyalty/Sleep Tight/Forgiving trilogy a little weak, and this was one of them. That jar was too convenient. Then again, he really wasn't the "big bad" of the season. He was simply another player who thought he was manipulating everyone when he was actually being used by Jasmine. I just hope that somewhere down the line they bring Sahjahn back and finish his storyline.

Quote:
That was a side effect of the demonisation process Cordy went through in Birthday. It meant that she couldn't easily distinguish from reality, and so missed the warning the PTB sent her about Skip in Tomorrow.

And, from psychofilly:

Quote:
I think the Beast was used to bring terror and destruction to LA, to make people more susceptible to Jasmine's influence when she finally showed up. Personally, I don't see any contradiction between the Beast's actions and Jasmine's goals. It's actually rather clever. Jasmine was a basically a god, right? Well, look at the Bible. Lots of scholars and theologians point to the difference between the God of the Old Testament and that of the New Testament. One is vengeful and destructive, the other wants to bring love to the world. Just like with Jasmine in Season 4.

Quote:
I'm guessing that particular vision was sent by Jasmine to save Justine from those vamps.

And from Elisha:

Quote:
Why did Joss steal my idea?
I should ask the same thing. I think Joss stole the whole demonisation-of-Cordy plot from me. I remember speculating about it as a way of saving Cordy from the visions before Season 3 had even begun.

Quote:
Why was Connor called The Destroyer?

Connor was called The Destroyer by those creatures from Quortoth that we saw in The Price. They called him that because he had been, well, destroying them.

Quote:
What the fuck were the PTB doing when one of there own tried to take over the world?

They don't like to actively meddle in earthly affairs, like the Time Lords' policy of non-intervention in Doctor Who.

Quote:
How come Cordelia had the amnesia? That was never fully explained, did she do it to herself? Was it a part of Jasmines plan? What?

When it arrived back on earth the Jasmine/Cordy entity lost its memory. The spell in Spin the Bottle restored it.

Quote:
Connor forgot everything when Angel mind rapped him and the gang but does he still have the strength and abilities that he had, or is he a whole new boy?

I assume Wolfram and Hart's spell involved removing Connor's powers too, but they'll probably gradually return as the spell unravels. Joss has said that he has a story in mind for Connor's return.

And I'm done.
fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:37 AM   #74
LadyJubilee

Quote:
Originally posted by fielding
Okay, lots of questions here; many, however, are just silly and nitpicky so I'll just ignore those.

First of all, from LadyJubilee:

That's easy. Even Elisha can answer that one. Jasmine took the life owed to Angel back in The Trial and used it to create Connor. Angel's soul was probably vital to the impregnation process, too.

Fanwank. Fan speculation isn't an antidote for poor story telling. We should be incited to discuss meaning and nuance-----not to try and guess what happened. So based on your answer, the fact is we just don't know. Elisha isn't one of the shows writers, as much as I like her theory, its not a theory given by the show.

I must admit I found some aspects of the plotting in the Loyalty/Sleep Tight/Forgiving trilogy a little weak, and this was one of them. That jar was too convenient. Then again, he really wasn't the "big bad" of the season. He was simply another player who thought he was manipulating everyone when he was actually being used by Jasmine. I just hope that somewhere down the line they bring Sahjahn back and finish his storyline.

Again, so what you're saying is that they didn't answer the questions. More, let's be honest, ME has already been told the LOOOOOONG story archs just weren't working---people where turning off the tv. So I don't see the WB allowing them to go back 3 years (assuming they get a 6th year). More, you're theory of him being used by Jasmine is just fanwank. Jasmine had not even been introduced as a character till a season later----AND from all indications she wasn't even planed as a character at that point (you know, being on Firefly and all). More, that very fanwank demonstrates the poor story telling I'm talking about. Why exactly did Jasmine enter the picture? When did her influence start? That's a HUGE question that's never been answered.

That was a side effect of the demonisation process Cordy went through in Birthday. It meant that she couldn't easily distinguish from reality, and so missed the warning the PTB sent her about Skip in Tomorrow.

Ah, so let me get this straight. Part of being demon is focusing solely on Angel. Ok, I get it....well, no I don't. Doyle was part demon, and he saw the big picture. Warning? What warning---that's a fanwank again.

Oh, and according to the "cannon" the Higher Powers DO meddle in people's affairs. Remeber, Angel was somehow able to enter Kate's house uninvited to save her.

Last edited by LadyJubilee; 02-08-2004 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:33 AM   #75
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyJubilee
[b][b]That was a side effect of the demonisation process Cordy went through in Birthday. It meant that she couldn't easily distinguish from reality, and so missed the warning the PTB sent her about Skip in Tomorrow.

Ah, so let me get this straight. Part of being demon is focusing solely on Angel. Ok, I get it....well, no I don't. Doyle was part demon, and he saw the big picture. Warning? What warning---that's a fanwank again.

Oh, and according to the "cannon" the Higher Powers DO meddle in people's affairs. Remeber, Angel was somehow able to enter Kate's house uninvited to save her.
Yeah, I don't buy the "side effect" explanation either. Cordy had a few regular visions, but basically from her return from her "vacation" on, something was up. If it had just been the demonization, then all her visions would have been wonky. I'd be perfectly willing to buy into the fact that the focus on Angel was entirely her doing. "She" was missing the big picture because "she" was only focused on Angel. However, if that were the case they should have showed that at some point.

As for meddling, you forgot the snow on BTVS as well as sending Doyle (as a direct intervention to get Angel on his path). Again, I could buy the Powers not interfering with free will, but the snow and Kate's apartment negate that as well. In both cases they chose to die and the Powers intervened. So, I think the wank needs to be rethought fieldy.