Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #16
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
Greenwalt's been working steadily since the early 80s and took some time off for medical and family reasons. That doesn't mean he hasn't found work. He hasn't been looking, he doesn't need to from all the residuals he gets from other shows he worked on.

James Cameron hasn't directed a movie since 2005 and he's been writing for Sarah Connor Chronicles, which was cancelled. I'm not sure how you can call Greenwalt, who took time off for personal reasons, a hasbeen and yet put Cameron in the same pool of directors.
Honestly I thought Greenwalt's last year on Angel as a regular was pretty bad to be honest with you I also though Miracles was a decent at best show and I thought Jake 2.0 absolutely sucked and I didn't even bother watching the episodes he did on Moonlight because I thought the show sucked.

James Cameron didn't have anything to do with T:SCC the writers were just using his characters.

I have nothing against David Greenwalt I just think he's overrated on this board and don't forget he directed some of the worst episodes in the history of Angel ie: Sleep Tight and The Girl in Question not to mention many cringe worthy ones as well.

Last edited by LordKain; 06-04-2009 at 05:31 PM.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #17
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

LK just to clear up something about Greenwalt. David Greenwalt had nothing to do with Angel after S3. He left after season 3. He was still credited as co-creator and "consulting" producer, for the last two seasons, though. He had nothing to do with s4. He came back in s5 to direct "The Girl in Question". Greenwalt didn't have anything to do with writing that episode. Writing that crappy episode is one thing, but he only directed it.

I don't see how he's overrated "especially on this board". This is a Charisma/Cordelia and Cordelia/Angel site. Do you think he's overrated here b/c we praise his work and the fact that he seemed like the only person in the AtS crew who treated Charisma and her character very well up until he left? Again, this is mostly a CC site so we're definitely allowed to praise that lol

Oh and Greenwalt only did two episodes of Moonlight before he was unable to continue as showrunner for personal reasons.

Back on topic, I think this reboot could work. I just didn't get the negative backlash about it because *gasp* Joss isn't attached to it. Doesn't mean a Buffy movie can't work without him. It may very well do good. They are giving it a darker feel and bringing in a popular Japanese horror movie guy from overseas so, that has me interested.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:54 AM   #18
Bryan

A brief history of ME

From the site: "All things Philisophical on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel:the Series".

Scroll down until you reach a post titled: A Brief History of Mutant Enemy. (I can't of course confirm, or otherwise, the accuracy of the article.)

http://www.atpobtvs.com/existentials...may04_p10.html
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #19
Syn
insane clown girl

Screw Buffy. She's played out and a reboot wouldn't do anything but annoy people. Let's get a FAITH movie, already. Now THAT one would rock.

Or maybe a Fray movie...sci-fi is very in right now, and Fray straddles both the horror and sci-fi genres. It could work, if you're not aiming for a huge audience (and most sci-fi projects that aren't Star Trek or Star Wars generally don't). M'just sayin'...

There are more Slayers in this universe than Cookie Dough Girl....(if they're working in this universe at all...)
Old 08-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #20
ScoobySnax
I like the "Grrr" Face!

The Kuzuis disgust me. How can they use the concept of the Hellmouth without Joss? He created it. Yes, they have the rights to BUFFY herself but not Sunnydale or any of the Whedonverse characters do they???
~Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping, waiting. And though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir. Open it's jaws and howl. It speaks to us. Guides us. Passion rules us all. What other choice do we have?~
ScoobySnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #21
tojoson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax View Post
The Kuzuis disgust me. How can they use the concept of the Hellmouth without Joss? He created it. Yes, they have the rights to BUFFY herself but not Sunnydale or any of the Whedonverse characters do they???

Yeah, but now whedon can turn the tables. HE can be the executive producer, get all that money, and never do a thing, just like they did with him.

He's not going to do anything more with Buffy, but this way he can milk more money out of it.