Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I never really liked B/A, didn't hate it, I just liked C/X and even W/O better. I find relationships based on humor (C/X) much more entertaining than constant teenage angst. However, I will say by the end of S3 I hated B/A with a passion, all of that I love you but I can't have you crap made me want to change the channel everytime Buffy and Angel had a scene together.
exactly why I coudn't stand them.

Quote:
Damn straight, B/X all the way baby.
Aww. me too! Eee!!

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #17
cherelli

I didn't watch BTVS until summer after 4th season, and it was in reruns. Stayed with the series, and went to Angel. I missed out of the Buffy/Angel angst, and boy am I glad I did. Always was Cordy/Angel shipper. So, was pissed when the Angel/Buffy stuff showed up on Angel. I really could not relate.
cherelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #18
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

I wouldn't say I was ever really a shipper.

I was quite anti Buffy/Angel purely becase of the angsty crap which I felt detracted from a lot of episodes.

In Buffy, I "shipped" Giles/Jenny and Willow/Tara

I certainly never was a Cordelia/Angel shipper - I always thought they would end up - but if I'm perfectly honest, I think she could do better. But she wanted Angel, so that's why I rooted for them.

My main ship was Cordelia/Her One True Love (Whoever that happened to be).

I would say that it happened to be Angel.

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #19
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
I never really liked B/A, didn't hate it, I just liked C/X and even W/O better. I find relationships based on humor (C/X) much more entertaining than constant teenage angst.
Before C/A, when it came to ships, I pretty much went along with whatever. If it looked like so-and-so might get together, okay. If it looked like so-and-so were breaking up, okay, although I might think it was a shame. Basically, my shipper attitude was, "Que sara sara."

On BtVS, I pretty much liked (or, at least, didn't hate) all of the ships. B/A, W/O, C/X. I didn't like W/X, but that was mostly because they were a couple of cheaters, and only seemed interested in each other (at least on Xander's end) because it was "forbidden." I gave Giles/Joyce two thoughts in the episode where they actually did some stuff. Otherwise, I didn't think much about them as a ship.

When AtS started, I was fine with both Angel/Kate and Cordy/Doyle. And, later, I was fine with Gunn/Fred, Wesley/Fred, Lilah/Wesley, etc. Like I said, "Que sara sara."

Really, my love for C/A was so not like me. First, I started liking the idea of them before there were hints anything would come of it. And, second, my feelings about the ship were stronger than any of the feelings I'd ever had about other couples on either show. There was no, "Que sara sara," for me with C/A. My feelings were very strong and definite. I wanted them to get together. And, once together, I didn't want them breakin' up.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #20
SlytherinAngelic

Ooh, I couldn't be able to go along with whatever. I'm usually, if it ain't my favorite and I hate them together, they can all go to hell for all I care. But that's just me. I don't think I ever "liked" a ship, it was either love (C/A, S/B, G/F), hate (B/A, Willow/X), or glance at but don't have a personal opinion because you know its ridiculous , but you could view ridiculous as being a personal opinion (C/X, L/Wesley). But that's because I'm stubborn. And usually I don't go for the canon in anything, but BTVS/ATS had so many freakin' relationships, there was not a need whatsoever for fanon. It was possible, any pairing is possible, except for some.. But I don't want to offend anyone.
SlytherinAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #21
jean-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiwawa View Post
There's nothing wrong with still liking B/A. I have lots of friends that are B/A. I liked them for a hot minute back then, and followed the relationship, since it was part of the show, but that's about it. I just find it weird that a hardcore C/Aer would still be all for B/A. That's a little confusing for me. Like, I don't think a A hardcore B/Aer wouldn't be all for C/A. But, to each his/her own, right?
I'm not a hardcore B/A fan. I just like the relationship and what is was. It wasn't deeply intimate or friendly like A/C, but it was that all consuming love, the type where you can't breathe without that person. I just liked that. But C/A shall always be my Number. 1. Yes, if the possibilty of C/A is impossible, then I would want Angel to be with someone who would make him happy. Cordelia would as well I think. But if you gave me the choie, I would rather see Cordy return for one dy of C/A goodness than have a lifetime of B/A. I shall and always will want C/A to happen, but if Angel's story ends and he gets with someone, I would want it to be Buffy only if C/A absolutely WILL NOT happen.

Doesn't make me less of a C/A shipper. I mean, I spend my free time writing stories about them and discussing them with fellow lovers. I rarely discuss B/A and never write about them. My heart is C/A, with a liking of B/A as a second choice.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:44 PM   #22
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-vic View Post
I'm not a hardcore B/A fan. I just like the relationship and what is was. It wasn't deeply intimate or friendly like A/C, but it was that all consuming love, the type where you can't breathe without that person.
Angel doesn't breathe.

Anyway, I never saw the appeal with B/A - they always seemed to make each other miserable in the long run, even if they had moments of light along the way. More importantly, they're too similar - both are drama queens, both have this notion that the world revolves around them and that it's all about *their* life and *their* problems and how they're the ones being hard done by.

Cordy and Spike balanced that out nicely. Both put Angel and Buffy before them, not so much in a deragatory way (not Cordy atleast) but in a way that was the ying to their yang or the yang to their ying or whatever.

I never shipped Angel/Buffy, mainly because back then Boreanaz couldn't act and generating chemistry was tough...I also found Angel a bit of a wet blanket until he became Angelus in season 2 of BTVS. I do remember shipping Cordelia/Xander briefly but not for long after he behaved like an ass and got away with it. And I admit, when Cor went over to Angel, I was thrilled but I remember thinking a love story would never work between them.

How wrong I was. As soon as they became friends, I saw chemistry and then by the time Angel had his epiphany is season 2, I was sold. He loved her, more than anyone or anything because she *knew* him and they *trusted* each other. He'd experienced love and it had burned him and left him isolated, whereas this was entirely new because it was his very best friend, with whom he shared more than he ever had with anyone. Also, the first time I saw Angel smile like that at her? Because of her? Like, a real MASSIVE smile? :dies:

You had to love C/A. Given the opportunity, the were probably the one ship in the Whedonverse that would have worked because there was trust there and friendship and positive character building because of the other. Didn't take much else to convince me

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #23
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-vic View Post
I'm not a hardcore B/A fan. I just like the relationship and what is was. It wasn't deeply intimate or friendly like A/C, but it was that all consuming love, the type where you can't breathe without that person.
You know, big, intense, dramatic relationships like that can be enjoyable to watch. But I never think they will last long after the story is over. Even back when I liked B/A, I could never imagine it lasting long. I always envisioned Buffy eventually realizing it couldn't work. Maybe before she went off to college.

I think those relationships are built so much on drama that, once the drama is gone, there isn't a whole lot left.

Of course, this is coming from the gal who, in junior high, decided Romeo and Juliet wouldn't have been as into each other if they'd just been allowed to date.

Quote:
Yes, if the possibilty of C/A is impossible, then I would want Angel to be with someone who would make him happy.
Only B/A never made each other happy. There was angst, angst, and more angst. They actually said that the only thing that made them feel more miserable than being apart was being together.

Now, I think that statement was supposed to make me swoon over the intensity of the emotions, or something like that. I was supposed to go, "Geez! That's passion right there!" But I just thought it kinda sucked. I always thought the person you loved was supposed to make you happy.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:28 AM   #24
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
And I admit, when Cor went over to Angel, I was thrilled but I remember thinking a love story would never work between them.
You know, I distinctly remember feeling the exact same way. I think the summer before ATS started there was an article or interview with Greenie and he said that Cordy was going to be on ATS to act as Angel's foil, that she balanced him out. Cordy was by far my favorite character on BTVS and I remember thinking how cool it would be if Cordy and Angel got together.

I dropped that notion the minute Kate walked in the door, I figured they were just going for a B/A re-dux right down to the color of her hair.

My first actual shippy moment came late in S2. As much as the old timers (got that sounds bad) on this board hated the Pylea arc, it will always hold a special place in my heart b/c that's what triggered the lightbulb for me. I remember watching TNPLPG at the end where Cordy comes running out.

(as close to the original as I can remember)

Cordy: Stop! Don't kill him, I love him
Angel: You love me?
Cordy: Not you dumbass. I love him
Angel: But you love me too...like a friend?

I remember jumping off the couch screaming at the TV, oh my god he loves her. That sealed it, I was a C/A shipper from that moment on, went on the internet and found Priceless which lead me to ST.

Ah, the memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue
Of course, this is coming from the gal who, in junior high, decided Romeo and Juliet wouldn't have been as into each other if they'd just been allowed to date.
Was it CB or SamIAm who once called Romeo and Juliet..."two kids too stupid to live"? It's so accurate.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #25
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Was it CB or SamIAm who once called Romeo and Juliet..."two kids too stupid to live"? It's so accurate.
It was probably CB, but it's a sentiment I can get behind whole heartedly.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:18 AM   #26
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
That was my thought as well. I mean, Romeo saw Juliet when he was chasing another girl. They were about the thrill. I think I was the only 9th grader who argued this point.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:23 AM   #27
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Y'know, the only instance I ever liked Romeo and Juliet was in Shakespeare in Love?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #28
SlytherinAngelic

Hehe, I have no problem with the Romeo and Juliet aspect of the B/A pairing. I'm sure in other circumstances, I would be all for it, but I'm not because I don't feel that "connection" with B/A as I do my other ships that has that forbidden love type thing. It just depends on the pairing I guess when it comes to forbidden love for me. It can be an entertaining thing to read if you find a pairing great enough to qualify for it. As far as the ACTUAL Romeo and Juliet pairing, forget about the starcrossed lovers who commit suicide (I have no problem with that, it's their relationship, let them do what they please. Even if it mean offing themselves for love and all that crap), the murders in general were nice and all... dramatic. But I'm Tristan and Isolde than Romeo and Juliet. But you know thats just me.
SlytherinAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #29
25cent

I never found Buffy and Angel to be a really interesting relationship; I thought Cordelia and Angel made wonderful best friends and the idea of them moving beyond that was always an exciting one. I remember that episode when Cordelia told Angel that she loved Groll--or whatever the hell his name was--and I think it's at that moment that Angel might realize that he does love Cordelia. I think he loved her before she loved--or realized that she loved him.

As to the "Romeo and Juliet" love aspect of their relationship, I never found "Romeo and Juliet" to be a very appealing love story. There is really no love between those two, just obsession and youthful lust. If Buffy and Angel people are comparing that relationship favorably to "Romeo and Juliet," then they are missing the point of the play, imho.

Where Angel and Cordelia would have gone as a couple can really only be played out in the mind of the fans sadly because it never reached beyond friendship. It's interesting to think about what might have been.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #30
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

I agree about the youthful lust thing, though what made me frown was the fact that the two could kill themselves for their love, without even knowing each other for a week.

Yesterday though, I learned a new way to discredit R+J. When a B/A fan tried defending her ship against a S/B fan by comparing B/A to R+J. The Spuffy fan retaliated with, 'That story was written in the sixteenth century. That view of love is outdated' I was giggling for hours.