Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
SlytherinAngelic

Your "Shipping" History

I dreadfully admit that I started out as B/A. Why you might ask? Well, I got introduce to the BTVS franchise pretty late in the game (the early 2000s!). I remember a marathon of the earlier seasons was being shown on either TNT of FX, I can't remember.

So I decided to watch. Weirdly enough, the episode that made me B/A was the one where Buffy sent Angel to hell. Because I was thinking to myself, oh my god, how tragic, that is so sad... their relationship was so... heartwrenching or something like that. I must become a fan of them to show my support. It lasted for about... a week or two? Because I seen the compete seasons of the earlier shows and I was a C/A fan on BTVS. Why? They just seemed like they would make a good pairing, their looks complimented each other. And Cordelia was my favorite female and Angel was my favorite male. So obviously you have to pair off your favorites.

Nothing more, nothing less back then. But you have to understand that I never heard of ATS and it was like... 2001. Sorry I was dumber than I am now. I later found out on a website that Angel had spinoff. I remember I was watching BTVS and a commercial aired. So I flipped through the channels and then this title caught my eye. It said "Angel" and I was hypervantilating. So anyway, what was yallz shipping during BTVS? Before ATS.
SlytherinAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I was never much of a shipper. I pretty much took whatever ships the shows gave me. I might like some better than others, but it was never a hardcore thing.

That's what B/A were like to me. I liked the couple well enough, and bought into the whole angsty romance of it at the time. But I wasn't all, "They must stay together forever!" about it. And, by season 3, I was getting kind of tired of it."

C/A was the first couple I ever really shipped. It was the first time I looked at two character who weren't romantically involved, and weren't really even being hinted at at the time, and became convinced that they should be together.

I wasn't online when I first started having my C/A notions, so I didn't know non-conventional shipping was so common. I thought it was very weird to become so fascinated by a couple that wasn't even a couple, and would probably never be together.

When I really started coming online, I was shocked and amazed to find actual romantic stories written by fans about Cordy and Angel. And there were other people that thought they would make a nice couple too. And there was an entire message board (guess which one) of folks who liked this couple as much as I did.

And the rest is history.

And there must have been something special about C/A because I've never really shipped another couple since. I've written (when I can write) other stories with other pairings for other shows. But it's pretty much just curiosity, sort of wondering how two characters I like would work. I've never really pulled for another couple the way I pulled for C/A.

Aw, I miss those glory days when I was a new shipper and C/A was this wonderful possibility in my mind. And, then, when it started to look like it would actually really happen...

Then they went and screwed it up.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

I was a first run fan. Meaning, I saw Buffy from the series premiere on the WB, like 11 years ago? lol I was already pumped for this how, because I saw the movie *facepalm* I was 16-17 years old. So, I was fangirly.

It's ok if you were B/A, at first. A lot of fans were

I was B/A for like one episode(Buffy and Angel's first meeting). Cordelia was my fave off the bat, then Buffy. As soon as I saw Angel I was all *drools* Then, 'Never Kill a Boy on the First Date' aired. When Cordy saw Angel for the first time and was all "saltygoodness", I was total C/A from then on

Quote:
They just seemed like they would make a good pairing, their looks complimented each other.
I totally thought the same thing with C/A. I was all "WTF Angel, why can't you go for Cordy? Do you not notice that she likes you?" lol

Let's see...I must admit I liked Cordy/Xander for a little bit, I more or less tolerated it, since I knew B/A were all gaga for each other, but I was still C/A. Who else? I tolerated B/A, until season 3. Like Dannyblue, I was so over it and tired of the tragic stuff. I really liked Willow/Oz, until she messed up with Xander. Ugh! I did NOT like Willow/Xander.

Then, Cordy and Angel went to LA(I was so excited when I heard about the Angel spinoff b/c of those two) <3. Pretty much after that, the only couple I really shipped on BTVS was Buffy/Spike. I was an early Spuffy shipper, as well. All that sexual tension in 'School Hard'? Oh yeah, I saw it coming.

Funny, I called C/A and B/S feelings waaaaaaay before it was implanted in the show. I'm sure I'm not the only one, though. But, C/A will always be my #1 OTP. It never gets old for me.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community

Last edited by nikkiwawa; 02-12-2008 at 10:50 PM.
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
Clarice

At the beginning I wasn't a shipper and Buffy and Angel together were "vapid" IMO.

My favourite character was Cordelia till the beginnig, because was funny, so I liked Cordelia/Xander till the debacle of Xander and Willow, when I put a Damocle sword on the head of Xander. I really hated him...and also Willow :/
In season 4 there wasn't Cordelia (At the time I thought she was a model and so she had other engagements beyond the tv) and I lost part of my interest in the show.
Then I became a spuffy.

I started watching Ats in 2001, when the serie arrived in Italy. At first I didn't want to watch it, then I discovered there ware Angel and Cordelia and I was a C/A shipper from the first episode. *__*

The 2001 was also the year of my first pc and "surfing" I discovered I was not the only C/A shipper. *__*

During seasons 4 and 5 I would like to slap everyone on the troupe, writers, directors, producers...everybody.
I cried so much without shame, but I love C/A and I'll do it again if I could turn back time.
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
jean-vic

At first, I loved B/A. I thought they were really good together and their tragic love was one that kept me hanging on every week. I remained a B/A well into Ats and loved episodes like IWRY, and still do. However, as Season 2 drew to a close and Season 3 opened, I started to see this really wonderful relationship between Cordelia and Angel. They were best friends, confidants and in each other they found a bond they had had with no one else. From that point on I have been a stalwart C/A shipper. I love them together and was heartbroken when they trashed the relationship in Season 4. However, the sendoff in Season 5 was beautiful.

I will always love B/A and if Angel can't be with Cordy then I would want him to be with Buffy. However, like Angel, as much as I will always love B/A, I grew and moved on to another relationship which now has my heart.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Are you REALLY a C/Aer? lol I don't know of any C/A that would still want Angel to be with Buffy if he can't have Cordy. But, I could be wrong lol

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
Old 02-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiwawa View Post
Are you REALLY a C/Aer? lol I don't know of any C/A that would still want Angel to be with Buffy if he can't have Cordy. But, I could be wrong lol
I'am one of those types as well I mean lets face it who would make a better boyfriend for Buffy or any women for that matter Angel as a human or Vampire with no curse or Spike as a vampire or human.

No contest Angel by a mile Spike was a pig.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #8
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Hey, nothing wrong with still liking B/A.

The reason I wouldn't care for B/A now is because I was pretty much over them long before C/A was a glimmer in my eye. And I can't imagine them being much different now than they were then.

As for Buffy, why does she have to end up with Angel or Spike? I can't see either of those relationships working out long-term.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #9
samsmom

I watched BtVS in the first run, back in the day. I wasn't a shipper then. I followed the storylines so if Willow and Oz were together I was okay with it. Or Jenny/Giles (although I seriously hoped they'd try pairing Giles with Joyce, the angst would have been built in). I followed B/A because it was part of the story and the most I ever felt was mild anxiety when Angel lost his soul and when Buffy sent him to hell. Mostly because I was afraid DB wouldn't be coming back. But I was not a shipper of B/A (or W/O or G/J). I wasn't passionate about them, especially b/a. I still don't see what people who love them see in them. Mostly because I'd already been through a miserable angst-riddled relationship in my early twenties and already knew that love wasn't measured by how miserable the other person could make you. But whatever. People can ship who they want and I don't fault anyone who ships b/a or used to ship b/a.

When I heard Cordelia was joining AtS, I knew I was going to watch because I just adored Cordelia Chase beyond words. I went in with the thought in the back of my head about Cordelia and Angel but I didn't really think it would happen because I thought it would have been too obvious to pair Angel with someone he worked with.

I figured, like the rest of the fangirls, that it was all about Buffy.

Then Buffy slept with Parker.

Then Buffy threw Riley, and how she trusted him unlike Angel, in Angel's face.

I knew then that B/A needed to be over and Angel needed to find someone else. I don't really care that she was young and hurt and jealous, she cut him deeply and again, I've always figured if you really loved someone, you won't go for the jugular like that. I'm not bashing Buffy but it was clear to me, both in Buffy's thoughtless, childish one-up-manship and Angel's angry response, that these two needed to be over.

Then in s2, I watched Angel go nutty over Darla. In fact, his responses to Darla were about ten or two thousand times stronger than any response to Buffy I'd ever seen from him. The first time he saw her as human, the way he tried to save her....I seriously thought the powers that be were finally minimizing the b/a ship, by showing someone else that had more of a hold or pull on Angel than Buffy. Darla said Buffy wasn't happiness, she was just new, I was like "whoa", they're putting B/A into the ground with that.

Then.

I started to see how crazy Angel got after his epiphany at the thought that he wouldn't be getting Cordelia back. He stopped by her place FIRST and the only reason Wesley was alive was because she wasn't home. Angel looked so hurt when she told him she wasn't okay, that he really hurt her feelings. He looked devastated. Then again when she told him they weren't friends. I started looking forward to the next episode in a way I'd never felt before. Then he did some major ass kissage during the next couple of episodes and then he nearly blew the top of his head off when she got sucked into Pylea. By then I was going online to find some Buffyverse fic and found C/A fic. Oooh lala. In Pylea I started thinking I had bad instincts because Angel spent so much time with Fred. Then Angel threatened to cut that guard's face off for calling Cordelia a cow bitch, and the "I love you. Me? Not you, dumbass. Him. I love him." scene.

I went back to hoping, hoping, hoping.

Hearthrob sealed the deal. So much touching between them. Damn. The talks, the way James thought Cordelia was the woman Angel loved because of the way he was protecting Cordelia and pushing her out of harm's way. *Swoon*

so that's the story of how I became a C/A shipper.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #10
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post

The reason I wouldn't care for B/A now is because I was pretty much over them long before C/A was a glimmer in my eye. And I can't imagine them being much different now than they were then.

As for Buffy, why does she have to end up with Angel or Spike? I can't see either of those relationships working out long-term.
There's nothing wrong with still liking B/A. I have lots of friends that are B/A. I liked them for a hot minute back then, and followed the relationship, since it was part of the show, but that's about it. I just find it weird that a hardcore C/Aer would still be all for B/A. That's a little confusing for me. Like, I don't think a A hardcore B/Aer wouldn't be all for C/A. But, to each his/her own, right?
---
Sam, thanks for sharing how you became a C/A shipper

Quote:
Then Buffy slept with Parker.

Then Buffy threw Riley, and how she trusted him unlike Angel, in Angel's face.

I knew then that B/A needed to be over and Angel needed to find someone else. I don't really care that she was young and hurt and jealous, she cut him deeply and again, I've always figured if you really loved someone, you won't go for the jugular like that. I'm not bashing Buffy but it was clear to me, both in Buffy's thoughtless, childish one-up-manship and Angel's angry response, that these two needed to be over.
I was mad when she slept with Parker. I was like well damn, Angel left you like a few months ago and you're over him so easily, while he's brooding over you? That all sealed the end of B/A with me. I was so mad at her for all those things she said to Angel, in Sanctuary. She hurt him so bad.

To this day, Hearthrob is one of my favorites episodes

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
Old 02-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #11
samsmom

I can't give the exact quote because where I read it has been lost to history and my malfunctioning brain cells, but I recall reading a short little ditty where Joss Whedon said he had a really hard time writing the B/A scene at the police station in Sanctuary. He said it wouldn't 'come' to him the way he was trying to write it *until* Angel got angry with Buffy rather trying for mister joe stoic.

An example that even Joss Whedon may have been tired of the B/A thing by that time.

On another note, I really tried to come up with another Buffyverse ship to discuss, but except for Spuffy, I seriously never shipped any other couple or potential couple on either show. And I don't have to talk about Spike/Buffy because, unlike C/A, the show gave me pert near everything I wanted with that ship. The passion, conflict, and resolution that I could have wanted between a vampire and vampire slayer.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:43 PM   #12
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Wow, I'm suprised it didn't "come" to him. Interesting tidbit.

Same here. I was only about Buffy/Spike Cordy/Angel. And, I know what you mean about talking about Spuffy. It happened, we liked it, and it was complete. I felt good closure in 'Chosen' for those two. Although, like you've said in a previous thread, I wish Spike would have left W&H in season 5 and went to Buffy. I feel like watching 'Chosen', now.

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 AM   #13
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

You could say that at first I was a B/A shipper, though it's unclear to me whether or not I ever seriously 'shipped' them. During the time I watched seasons one and two of Buffy, I really did like B/A. I thought it was really sweet in the first season, and the second season had angst, and hey, angst is good. However, season three put a definite end to it. It became all sap/angst/lust and no story, and I really wasn't into that.

To be honest, I never thought of C/A much when I started watching Angel. Sure, I loved Cordelia, but the relationship for me, back then, was a bit too farfetched. I actually started watching AtS as a Angel/Kate shipper *dodges tomatoes*

Then I watched season two, and Angel's reaction in the Pylea arc, and I said to myself, "Is it really that farfetched?" I had always loved the friendship between Angel/Cordy, and I loved the idea of two friends falling in love. There was nothing wrong with C/A, and it was becoming believable. After that, by the time I started on season three, I was a C/A shipper.

And well, that's my story. Lame, I know.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #14
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

I never trully shipped until C/A..they were and still are my favorite pair. I remember watching tid bits of BTVS episodes here and there when it first aired. The first thing that caught my eye was Cordelia's character.

Every person I knew or was surrounded by hated her charcater but for some reason I immediately fell in love with her. The moment I became a C/A fan was that eventful episode where I saw Angel really and trully smile..and Cordelia was the one that made him do so.

B/A made me gag from teh very beginning..though there are a few of my friends who are B/A fans who write excellent fics and have convinced me otherwise..sort of.

I thought I was the only C/A shipper back then so I kept to myself and never bothered looking up other C/A fans. After that episode I again came across a few more episodes that didn't really hold my attention (it was all Dawson's Creek back then..lol).

It wasn't until Angel's promo of CC going 'grr' that I fell in love with her all over again..and Angel was the first show in which I watched every episode except for one..and that was IWRY and thank god for that. lol My love for C/A was still strong and it only grew with each passing episode..but I still didn't think there were any C/A fans and didn't bother to look them up thinking that everyone were B/A fans.

Stranger Things is the first site that I came across that shared my love of CC and C/A and I fell in love with it..and it is here that I am not alone in my love for C/A..and it's also on this site that I've made some great friends..

..to this day I can't seem to fall in love or find my otp..C/A still remain my #1.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #15
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post

I never really liked B/A, didn't hate it, I just liked C/X and even W/O better. I find relationships based on humor (C/X) much more entertaining than constant teenage angst. However, I will say by the end of S3 I hated B/A with a passion, all of that I love you but I can't have you crap made me want to change the channel everytime Buffy and Angel had a scene together.

Quote:
Damn straight, B/X all the way baby.