Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
Andromeda

Casting for ER?

According to Michael Ausiello, there's a strong possibility a former Buffy regular is moving to the ER (a show that is enjoying a ratings resurgence this season). Like to guess who?

I'll say Marc Blucas, mainly because I figure they'll hire a blond for a change.

Quote:
You know that male-nurse role that ER is currently casting as a love interest for Linda Cardellini? I just heard that one of the finalists used to be on that little vampire show that Joss Whedon did a few years back. And this particular actor was not a mere guest star; he was a series regular. Name and face in the opening credits and all. He's up against some stiff competition for the plum ER part though, including a (Easter egg alert!) popular acting titan. A winner is expected to emerge by week's end. As soon as I know, you'll know (give or take a few seconds).
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
HPAngelFan
Pretty girl

Very interesting indeed. I'm a big ER fan so i can't wait to see who is cast. From the description you posted Marc Blucas sounds like a likely bet. The actors who played Daniel Holtz in AtS and Larry in BtVS have also appeared on ER so it seems to be a popular show for ex-Whedonverse stars!

my livejournal
HPAngelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Huh, I'm going with Spike...totally blanking on the actor's name...I knew it once upon a time.

ER is doing well in the ratings? Color me shocked, talk about a show that's outlived it's use by date.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Huh, I'm going with Spike...totally blanking on the actor's name...I knew it once upon a time.

ER is doing well in the ratings? Color me shocked, talk about a show that's outlived it's use by date.

James Marsters; but he seems a bit old to play a love interest for Cardellini.
Blucas or Brendon seem a better fit somehow.

Surprisingly enough, ER is currently #17 in the ratings; in fact, it was supposed to go on hiatus after about 6 episodes to make way for a new show, but since it is winning its Thursday timeslot the network doesn't want to lose momentum.
So ER is staying put (with a few new cast additions) and the replacement show, The Black Donnellys, has been pushed back to midseason.

I know it seems weird, ER has been around forever, and last season I figured it was done, but then- it surged in the ratings; I never thought John Stamos was THAT popular!
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda7_4
James Marsters;
That's it. Thanks!

Quote:
but he seems a bit old to play a love interest for Cardellini.
Blucas or Brendon seem a better fit somehow.
Well he did play the love interest of a 20 year old so how young is this chick?

I was thinking it was the blonde that used to be involved with Luca. It's a different person? The only other young girl I remember from the show is the girl from Bend it Like Beckham

Quote:
I never thought John Stamos was THAT popular!
Ah, my boy Blackie strikes again
Old 10-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
Andromeda

Quote:
Well he did play the love interest of a 20 year old so how young is this chick?

I was thinking it was the blonde that used to be involved with Luca. It's a different person? The only other young girl I remember from the show is the girl from Bend it Like Beckham
I know he played the love interest of a 20 year old; but, that was then and this is now. It's a long time since Buffy; he is showing his age more.
But Cardellini has to be around 30 so she isn't that young.
I guess he is a possibility.
(But much of the spec thinks it'll be Brendon or Seth Green).

Quote:
Ah, my boy Blackie strikes again
Also- apparently ER is picking up some viewers from Grey's- the ones who don't like Six Degrees.
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:20 PM   #7
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

the actress is 31 so unless she's playing younger I don't see why Marsters couldn't get the role. JM is what 44? It's a stretch but not much of one, especially if they play him as younger, 38-39.

I can see Blucas or NB as well. However, Blucas looks so much like Shane West (cute, blonde, tall). Speaking of, did Ray and Neela ever get together? I thought they'd be make a cute couple, especially since it looked like Neela's husband wasn't coming back from Iraq.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
baba

Quote:
the actress is 31 so unless she's playing younger I don't see why Marsters couldn't get the role. JM is what 44? It's a stretch but not much of one, especially if they play him as younger, 38-39.

I can see Blucas or NB as well. However, Blucas looks so much like Shane West (cute, blonde, tall). Speaking of, did Ray and Neela ever get together? I thought they'd be make a cute couple, especially since it looked like Neela's husband wasn't coming back from Iraq.

Sadly, I don't think they did! There was some flirting, but as far as I understand she ended up with that Tony Gates guy the new intern, played by John Stamos! I mean she certainly didn't do bad, he is a looker, but I always thought she and Ray had something special going on! I was never thrilled with Neela/Gallant thing to begin with, and after he died I thought she would finally end up with Ray as it should have been all along, but alas they paired her up with Tony!

As for the actor from the Joss univerese being the new addition to ER, well, David Boreanaz is out of the question because of Bones, NB as well, I mean doesn't he star in some show full time? Seth grenn just doesn't seem the type for that kind of show, James Masters as well, so I can only imagine Marc Blucas!
I saw him in a movie with Katie Holmes by the way, he was great as always! I usually don't go for blond guys but he is certainly an exception to the rule!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:13 PM   #9
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba
...NB as well, I mean doesn't he star in some show full time?
Not any more. He was in Kitchen Confidential last fall, but that show tanked. As far as I know, he doesn't have a regular show now.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #10
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Sadly, I don't think they did! There was some flirting, but as far as I understand she ended up with that Tony Gates guy the new intern, played by John Stamos!
Oh pooh. I mean Blackie's hot and all (and yes, he'll always be Blackie to me) but Ray and Neela were so adorable together.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:30 AM   #11
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Oh pooh. I mean Blackie's hot and all (and yes, he'll always be Blackie to me) but Ray and Neela were so adorable together.
Hasn't happened yet (Gates and Neela) but it does seem headed that way. And Ray is apparently hooking up with the new intern whose name I have forgotten.

At least I think she's new; I've only watched ER for the last two seasons because I couldn't stand Julianna Marguiles and never cared for Clooney.

A funny tidbit, btw- have you heard that Eriq what's- his- name is one of the actors approached by Grey's? That's in case Isaiah Washington gets the chop for running his mouth- LOL! Wouldn't that be a kick? As the French say, the more things change, the more they stay the same!
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:03 PM   #12
Nirvana 1
Negative Creep

It appears to have been Marc Blucas indeed.

Oh, and I was going to say, "I thought Cardellini was 40+ now?" but I was thinking of Linda Fiorentino (or whatever. You know, Dogma?).

Serves me right for not watching ER after I can't recognize a single person anymore...
Nirvana 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #13
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 1
It appears to have been Marc Blucas indeed.

But he didn't get the part anyway. Heard they cast Kip Pardue.

Still, they did choose a blond.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:21 PM   #14
baba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda7_4
But he didn't get the part anyway. Heard they cast Kip Pardue.

Still, they did choose a blond.

Who is Kip Pardue? I don't recall hearing that name in connection with Joss universe?.....
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #15
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Who is Kip Pardue? I don't recall hearing that name in connection with Joss universe?.....
He isn't. Kip Pardue was in Remember the Titans. Marc Blucas was up for the role but he didn't get it.